• 2 Post By DrewZ
  • 1 Post By GirlyGymRat
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 2 Post By lovbyts
  • 2 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: I have just completely lost all motivation

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

I have just completely lost all motivation

For the past month or two I have been slacking on prepping my meals and have been eating out more. Its extremely hard for me to get my ass to the gym and when im there it just seems like im going through the motions. Is there anything you guys do to get your motivation back or just wait for this "slump" to break?

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    If you feel like you're going through the motions, change up your training.

Maybe get a workout partner for a few days a week.

For me it all comes down to this;

When the pain of not being where you want to be outweighs the comfort of being where you're at, you'll find the motivation.
    londog and ngtmarpete like this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Spring is a great time for fresh starts
    DrewZ likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Shit bro, my gym sessions are like a part time job that I like. I love spacing out & the gym is the best place for it.

Haven't been in a gym slump for over 2 years.
    DCI likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you wait for the slump to end it will drag on forever. Only way to end it is to force yourself to get back into the gym and training. Once you see the gains coming on again you will have a whole new motivation.
    Java Man and songdog like this.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Yep. Agree with everything said here. Sometimes I dread going to the gym. Not because I don't want to lift, I love lifting, it's the people. I don't like people. Lol. I just go anyways and pretend I'm all alone once I get there. I'm always glad I went afterwards. Occasionally I take a full week off. After that, I'm usually stronger and my physical/mental state are both refreshed. Like Samson said, it's like a job. You go and its a lifetime commitment or like drew said you'll lose everything you worked so hard for. But, like a job, you can't go 24x7 forever. We take vacations from work... same goes for training. Sometimes you just need a break. It's about balance. Maybe you're burned out. Take a week off and relax.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Just to add (or repeat), try switching up workouts, or if possible, get a different gym membership. Change of scenery always helps me.

I'm getting ready to join a strength/powerlifting gym/ facility. I stumbled upon one the other day. I've been looking for awhile. Pretty pumped to not have to worry about wearing a shirt and feeling out of place for deadlifting.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Ha, at my gym though I get spectators. I'm one of the biggest guys now & lift some if the heaviest weight.

It's not because I'm huge or anything. My gym just sucks & is full of half assed newbs.
    RangerDanger830 and Cuz like this.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Set a new fitness goal. For me, if I'm not working TOWARDS something then I just go through the motions but if I know I have a goal and or deadline I can find thee will to work to get one step closer to the goal.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    take time off, as much as you need, until you get that itch back.. you'll know it when it happens...

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    For the past month or two I have been slacking on prepping my meals and have been eating out more. Its extremely hard for me to get my ass to the gym and when im there it just seems like im going through the motions. Is there anything you guys do to get your motivation back or just wait for this "slump" to break?
    do you have a girlfriend or wife?

Blog Entries
    to be quite honest the gym is the best part of my day besides going home to my wife and daughter...but that's all I think about when im working...without the gym I would go crazy....

DontTaseMeBro is offline Member
    I think it happens to everyone sooner or later. I know I deal with it from time to time. a few suggestions:
    (1) Take a week or two off. You didn't get where you are in two weeks and you won't lose it in two weeks.
    (2) Set a short-term goal with your fitness - something to shoot for that you can achieve in a couple of months of hard work.
    (3) Look around for a new workout that motivates you and makes you excited to get in the gym. Try something entirely new.
    (4) Re-calculate your TDEE and work up a new diet around what you want to achieve. Include stuff you actually like to cook and eat.
    (5) Buy a new supplement or piece of gear you've been wanting to try out. A new belt worked for me. Hell, something as simple as a new t-shirt or pair of shorts can make you feel like getting after it again.
    (6) Plan a new cycle. I'm not saying to use gear just because you are unmotivated; but if you're already in good shape and have used AAS before, knowing that you are gonna jump back on the horse may be the motivation you need to get after it.
    (7) Make it fun - find a training partner, include your spouse, change gyms, whatever. If you don't enjoy something, why do it?

Good luck!
    Last edited by DontTaseMeBro; 04-15-2014 at 01:58 PM. Reason: spelling

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I am with you bro.My slump has lasted too long!

Thanks for the responses guys I will try some of your suggestions and see if it helps. I love bodybuilding and everything involved in it so when im in a slump and feel like im slacking in the gym or in the kitchen I feel like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    do you have a girlfriend or wife?
    lol yes why do you ask?

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    ^^^The best workouts i've ever had were when i was heartbroken by a cheating or lying girlfriend. Sometimes anger works as a motivator. just sayin

Oh yeah believe me ive been there... but it does the opposite for me.. i cant function or eat and its just awful lol

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289
    lol yes why do you ask?
    Which one?

Wife, girlfriend, or both?

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Ha, at my gym though I get spectators. I'm one of the biggest guys now & lift some if the heaviest weight.

It's not because I'm huge or anything. My gym just sucks & is full of half assed newbs.
    I am in the same boat there, I live in a retirement community. That in itself motivates me. If I do need further motivating I like to hit up some motivational videos on youtube, specifically the ones with good looking women in it.

Try this one out..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3kbupFRm8k

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I'll tell you what you should hear. You just need to man-up and get your ass in there and train hard. Change up your workouts if you have to.

Think of going to the gym as your refuge away from your wife.

Hrothgar is offline Associate Member
    I like to masturbate on gym equipment and ask guys in the locker room to lotion the hard to reach areas of my back when I'm feeling unmotivated.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I didnt lose motivation but I lost time. I started a new job and the hours were incredibly long and the output was intense. I had to find my bearings at the new job before I could get a routine down. I'm back full swing..... And I'm loving it.

I've been in your position... Let me tell you something...... You'll just say eff it and not go and a few months will go by and one day your goin to look at yourself in the mirror and say "holy shit..... I don't look the same"

One day when you see that not going to the gym is hurting you more than helping...... You'll get back to it. It's always tough to start up again. You remember where you were and you just want to be there FAST...... But take it one day at a time and that motivation and drive will hit you like a ton of bricks again
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

ngtmarpete is offline Junior Member
    Sometimes it really is as easy as just sucking it up... You also need to find 'your' why. If you have no why, then nothing else matters.

Hrothgar is offline Associate Member

Sorry guys i only meant to have a glass of wine and the whole bottle fell down my throat

Thread Information