Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Black

Thread: Amway

DAAS is offline Senior Member

Amway

Have you ever been pitched to join amway?

Did you do it?

If not why?

what are your over all thoughts?

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    My parents did when I was young, made some money. I think it's past it's time now though.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Its not called Amway anymore. I have in-laws who have been doing it for 30 years and they do it full time putting everything into it plus both work full time other jobs.

Its not a get rich for anyone except the people who invented it no matter how hard you work.

Its no different than Kirby or any pyramid based buisnes. Anyone who tells you its not a pyramid is lying to you.

DAAS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Its not called Amway anymore. I have in-laws who have been doing it for 30 years and they do it full time putting everything into it plus both work full time other jobs.

Its not a get rich for anyone except the people who invented it no matter how hard you work.

Its no different than Kirby or any pyramid based buisnes. Anyone who tells you its not a pyramid is lying to you.
    I was tricked into a meeting last night and thought the same thing. They tell you its not a pyramid scheme, then later show you a chart thats a pyramid. They tell you it quickly brings in passive income, yet the guy pitching it has been doing it forever and is pitching it at 9pm on a friday. If its making you as much money as you're telling me you wouldnt be here.. They told me "X" product is the number one selling energy drink in the world... Then why haven't I ever seen anyone drink one ever. ( had one before and they taste like shit.)

The reason it doesn't work is because no body wants to use their products and they're vastly over priced. They act like all you have to do is sign 20 people up underneath you and you'll have $500 a week coming in for the rest of your life. When in reality all 20 of them wont want to use the products after a few months. Same with any one they sign up. But its still called amway... I was just pitched it a few hours ago.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    My friend tricked me into a meeting. You have to spend $300/month on their products in order to receive any money from them. Try telling people they have to spend $300/month..... It's not easy.

They hated me because I let them run through their whole pitch and didnt doit. I argued everything. The XS energy drink Wasnt bad but there's no way you're going to make as much $$ as they claim
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    These schemes are based upon continuing customers. Its one thing to sign a person up for the first month, but then to get them to continue buying is a whole other ball game.

You can screw someone with sales and get them to buy a piece of sh!t one time. After that initial sale, they'll realize what they bought. Then it gets pretty tough to get them to continue buying the same turds each month.
    DCI likes this.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Diamond
    These schemes are based upon continuing customers. Its one thing to sign a person up for the first month, but then to get them to continue buying is a whole other ball game.

You can screw someone with sales and get them to buy a piece of sh!t one time. After that initial sale, they'll realize what they bought. Then it gets pretty tough to get them to continue buying the same turds each month.
    It's not even that their products are turds...... Try getting a low wage earner to buy a $30 case of energy drinks and $40 worth of granola bars every month lol

Always whole shtick is that the food is delivered to ur door..... You don't have to waste time shopping because after all...... You can't put a price on your time lol
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

dk94 is offline Associate Member
    I was once pitched amway from a good customer of mine, and my father was pitched by good friends of his, in both cases we declined. The kicker is that the people pitching have ceased all contact with us abruptly upon our denial. Has this happened with any one else?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAAS View Post
    Have you ever been pitched to join amway?

Did you do it?

If not why?

what are your over all thoughts?
    do you know anything about multi-level marketing?

There are two ways to grow "the business"

1) Recruiting
    2) Sales

they use terms like upline and downline. your upline (those that recruited you, and those that recruited your recruiter) get a little piece of the action every time you make a sale. Your down line are those that you recruit.

I handled the financing for the old AL Williams (now called Primeriaca), and they are very heavy into telemarketing. Some of their cold calling scripts go something like this....

(remember this is cold calling)

Hello Mrs. X
    My name is Johnny from Primerica, and I was referred to you by a someone that speaks highly of you. They gave me your name and number and suggested I give you a call (not true, they buy lists from marketing companies). Would you be interested in some very good part time income and become part of an extremely successful and growing team...............

the cold calling is 100% hype.

most beginners solicit their friends and families, and then when that runs out, and they've made a couple of bucks, they run out of steam and peter out.

if you are afraid of telemarketing, and cold calling, then I'd suggest you let this great "opportunity" fall by the wayside.

must my .02

---Roman

Thread Information