Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

Uncommon supplements you've tried and the results you saw

This could be a good topic for discussion, as I've tried a great many things over the years, some of which I'm sure you've never heard of before.

For instance, Gamma O. Supposed to increase testosterone levels , improve overall feelings of well being. It's a rice based compound. Available at feed stores where you shop for your horse supplies. Gamma O is short for Gamma Oryzanol and you can google it. Widely available on the internet. It's supposed to make your horse stronger and bigger. It was a little on the expensive side, and my horse didn't get as big and strong as I thought it would. So I stopped.

And in the spirit of "you show me yours, and I will show you more of mine", I invite you to discuss your products and experiences with the rest of us.

Cheers!

---Roman

and btw, many products we take here were initially used in the equine industry. For example:

MSM - improves collegen synthesis, significantly improves joint health after 30 days at 5grams/day
    TB500 - a synthetic version of TB4 - accelerates rehab time, promotes healing and injury repair
    Last edited by Times Roman; 04-22-2014 at 10:32 AM. Reason: confused mg with grams on msm

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Do cadavers HGH and HCG count?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTahl View Post
    Do cadavers HGH and HCG count?
    no..

AZGOLDSMEMBER86 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Haha i was just thinking of gamma -o the other day lol.

Endothil - a tomato seed extract or something . Promising hard dry gains and strength . . I saw jack squat with it haha.

I hate to admit it but I also tried the " legal steroid add" in the back of muscle mags :/ very embarrassing . Surprisingly I saw gains ! I was 19 at the time . Not sure if it was placebo but I saw size and strength . About 10 lbs. that rapidly went away when I was "off".

There's more I just gotta think

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Love this thread idea, Roman, brilliant!

I wish I had something interesting to add, but I don't, but I hope others who have had more experience with uncommon supps chime in.

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    Currently taking Adrafinil and Armodafinil. They're non-stimulant anti-fatigue chems for my rats. Adrafinil converts to Modafinil in the liver (Modafinil itself is Rx in Canada, hence my rats using the prodrug) and Armodafinil is the R enantiomer of Modafinil. Greatly improves wakefulness, attentiveness and focus in my rats.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    Love this thread idea, Roman, brilliant!

I wish I had something interesting to add, but I don't, but I hope others who have had more experience with uncommon supps chime in.
    thanks Angel. No need to always contribute. Just stepping in and saying hello works for me

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshotvictoria View Post
    Currently taking Adrafinil and Armodafinil. They're non-stimulant anti-fatigue chems for my rats. Adrafinil converts to Modafinil in the liver (Modafinil itself is Rx in Canada, hence my rats using the prodrug) and Armodafinil is the R enantiomer of Modafinil. Greatly improves wakefulness, attentiveness and focus in my rats.

doesn't have much application in the body building world, but interesting none the less. I've been taking Ritalin for a good % of my life. I probably won't be experimenting with any other stimulants, other than, say, maybe a cup of coffee.

There are certain things that "Life Extenders" (aka Anti Aging Community) take. For example, I've been taking Resveratrol for years. I purchased a kilo probably a decade ago, ran me something like $700. Some of it was given to others that went in on it with me. The rest I still have. It's the phytochemical found in the skins of red grapes. It is a natural anti fungal, and for some reason, it is widely believed that it not only extends life, but the quality of life as well. It is a fantastic anti oxidant, and a little goes a long way. And as some of you may know about me, I usually only buy in bulk powder, if it is available.

Anyone else?

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    I use then predominately to deal with constant exhaustion from shift work, and I'm doing so indirectly helps by allowing to go to the gym instead of collapsing from exhaustion.

Resveratrol is a very interesting compound, as I understand it's the trans-Resveratrol that elicits the desired effects? I also remember reading that it also acted as a moderately effective AI, and was considered for future research for treatment of low testosterone .

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    doesn't have much application in the body building world, but interesting none the less. I've been taking Ritalin for a good % of my life. I probably won't be experimenting with any other stimulants, other than, say, maybe a cup of coffee.

There are certain things that "Life Extenders" (aka Anti Aging Community) take. For example, I've been taking Resveratrol for years. I purchased a kilo probably a decade ago, ran me something like $700. Some of it was given to others that went in on it with me. The rest I still have. It's the phytochemical found in the skins of red grapes. It is a natural anti fungal, and for some reason, it is widely believed that it not only extends life, but the quality of life as well. It is a fantastic anti oxidant, and a little goes a long way. And as some of you may know about me, I usually only buy in bulk powder, if it is available.

Anyone else?
    Bulk is so much cheaper.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thanks for reminding me, I need to unpack more of my supplements and find my bag of Resveratrol among other things like Noopept.

trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    only supplement I ever took was Blue Gene Natural Anabolic Matrix.....
    saw no gains

Still have the rest of it on my desk...

DontTaseMeBro is offline Member
    tried several natural test boosters - saw nothing. Used creatine and bcaa's off and on with minimal benefits. After years of trying all the newest, latest and greatest, I firmly believe the best supplements are whey protein, whole oats, chicken breast, sweet potatoes and steak.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTaseMeBro View Post
    tried several natural test boosters - saw nothing. Used creatine and bcaa's off and on with minimal benefits. After years of trying all the newest, latest and greatest, I firmly believe the best supplements are whey protein, whole oats, chicken breast, sweet potatoes and steak.
    actually, creatine DOES work. And the effects are noticeable too. For me, not so much an improvement on the first set. But big improvements in the second and third sets. My reps are higher. So I take it regularly. And it is not that expensive.

DontTaseMeBro is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    actually, creatine DOES work. And the effects are noticeable too. For me, not so much an improvement on the first set. But big improvements in the second and third sets. My reps are higher. So I take it regularly. And it is not that expensive.
    I think some notice more benefits than others. I see enough to actually buy it, but I might run out and go without for several weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTaseMeBro View Post
    I think some notice more benefits than others. I see enough to actually buy it, but I might run out and go without for several weeks.
    agree 100%. biologically, it does work on everyone. having said that, I will also say that how effective it is varies with each individual. I don't think aas is as effective on me as it is with others. My AAS comes from an American pharm, so it's not the gear.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to be a very frequent member on another board before I came here. Several supplement reps would come through there and ask me to review their new product. Most of the time the reviews didn't sit well with them and I never heard from them again.

Other moderators would try the same products and boast all over the boards about its greatness (obviously triggering sales and interest). I knew how it worked, I just was not going to play that game.

There were test boosters, pre/intra-workout, fat burners, etc. There was a intra-workout supp that was OK. Last time I was at a supplement store, I saw it there. I think it was called Intrabolic. Nothing to write home about of course.

Venom is offline Productive Member
    PES Anabeta and MN X-Factor are two supplements that have always worked well for me.

mxbrewski is offline Junior Member
    Resveratrol worked well for me, been taking it for about 4 years now.

Thread Information