View Poll Results: How do you want the food items detailed?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only list the Macro Nutrients

4 57.14%
  • List both All the macro and micro nutrients

1 14.29%
  • List all the Macro and some of the micro nutrients

2 28.57%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Times Roman

Thread: Macro Calculator: Need your opinion on Substantial Improvement

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

Macro Calculator: Need your opinion on Substantial Improvement

I've been working with Tarmyg abit, and before I move forward, I wanted to get everyone's opinion.

I just now downloaded the Governments Food list with COMPLETE nutrition information on over 8,000 food items. It comes complete not only with all the macro nutrient information, but all the micro information as well (vitamins, amino acids, minerals, ash, fiber... you name it, it's got it).

Does everyone really need all that? there are dozens of micronutrient categories. Or are we good with just the basic macro nutrient information?

In theory, all these food items will substantially reduce the need for future food additions, and get me pretty close to a point where at least this part of the calculator is finished (still need some body fat calculators - more on that later)

So please let me know in this poll, where I can quantify your answers and create this silly thing that meets the needs of most of us here.

---Roman

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think the macro info should be adequate for our purposes. Having the micro nutrient info is some cool gee whiz stuff but I believe that it can vary so much today due to how food is grown, processed and stored that it may not really be all that accurate.

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    With the app I use, I really like being able to see where my sugar and fiber is at.

Amino acids would be pretty neat too, maybe it can be a feature that you can selectively show which micros you want to display

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Start simply and you can do another one later with more bells and whistles if you need to or want to.

I just PM'd Tarmyg, so I'll be working on it over the next few days, and he'll be bench testing it to see what he thinks....

I think I am going to abandon adding one of the BF% calculators that doesn't utilize the calipers. Way too unpredictable. So i'll start on one that does use the caliper

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    I'm in and voted for all macro and some micro. i like the fiber and some other ones…..if i can filter out which ones I want then I would have voted for all macro and all micro.

I could hide some of the columns, but at the same time, I have to design this thing in such a way so that people not too savvy with Excel can still operate

Right now, I have the All Foods list in a separate tab, for informational purposes at this point.
    DrewZ likes this.

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    Hey Roman, would you be interested in looking at what I use for ideas? It is lacking but if yours and what I use got combined it would be awesome.

I don't want to schill for a phone app on here but I could PM you the name if you want.

^sorry mate. I have a dumb phone, and don't really plan on changing anytime soon. You see, I don't want to absorb yet another monthly payment.

You can send me what you have, maybe a link via PM. I can have my son take a look at it. He doesn't mind me paying his monthly fee for his internet phone....

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Started using it yesterday. I like it. Turns out I'm not eating as much as I thought. I don't get obsessed with my food intake, but it makes it easy to figure out where I'm at. Thanks for sharing this with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    Started using it yesterday. I like it. Turns out I'm not eating as much as I thought. I don't get obsessed with my food intake, but it makes it easy to figure out where I'm at. Thanks for sharing this with others.
    welcome.

everyone that comes here says they "eat clean". some do, some don't. but many don't eat ENOUGH either. which is a big problem if you are trying to add muscle. funny thing is, because of the nature of this website, many turn to drugs instead of more food like they need.

Glad it was an eye opener for you.

---Roman

Thread Information