Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: World Cup

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Fan for about 10 years..Zidane was the best ever IMHO..an his skills were like MJ on a Basketball Court...mke th defender drop their panties like a virgin on prom night. Rolandiho too...a real talent..still better than 99% of the players. But now there is no talent of that level. Trying to pass off a VW for a Porche is not my thing.

The reason the sport is popular in the third world is because it costs zilch to play...other sports require funds , surface, special equipment..etc. a ball and some trees is all you need for the football. I prefer Aussie Rules football to football.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=irlkev;6889884]
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post

Not a fan of baseball, don't even know the rules, but would love to watch a red sox game in Fenway park some day. One of the great sporting amphitheatres of the world.
    Great experience minus the locals.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Seriously tho.... Some of those videos with crazy soccer fans are disgusting. Sure I get made when y team loses, or when a ref/umpire makes a bad call..... But I'm not goin to light the stadium on fire.
    Don't forget about beheading the referees in Brazil not to long ago

irlkev is offline Junior Member
    In fairness he had made 2 or 3 really bad decisions during the game.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by irlkev
    In fairness he had made 2 or 3 really bad decisions during the game.
    The ass in your avy is epic....

With that said..... There's no reason to decapitate someone lol
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    And as much as I'd like to round up 200 Yankee fans all for honkey kong...... I wouldn't. He has the same stance on soccer and I need someone to pester the shit outa me when the Yankees lose. It makes watching and following sports more interesting

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    USA advances!

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Anybody see the end of brazil v chile?

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    Awesome ending...

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    Yea was a good ending. Brazil advances!

Darkness is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    If USA soccer players made $80mil, like the guy from Portugal, we'd have more intetest in this country.
    If the USA soccer players ran past 5 players like they werent even there, like Ronaldo from Portugal did in the Portugal vs US game, then they surely be paid the same.

The thing with soccer is that it takes talent, fitness and luck, you dont see any fat asses in the field like in baseball or football. How athletic is that.

PS: I think Brazil will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness
    If the USA soccer players ran past 5 players like they werent even there, like Ronaldo from Portugal did in the Portugal vs US game, then they surely be paid the same.

The thing with soccer is that it takes talent, fitness and luck, you dont see any fat asses in the field like in baseball or football. How athletic is that.

PS: I think Brazil will win.
    http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/99-things...sapp-20131110/

Seems pretty athletic to me *shrug*

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Warren sapp - 300lbs

40 yard dash - 4.69 seconds

- Knockout_Power

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not following it although my son is watching many of the games. I caught some highlights at a Korean BBQ last night when they were replaying the Brazil/Chile game.

No particular favorite......although perhaps Germany since the company I am consulting for currently is based out of Berlin. That's as far as my interest in it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk
    Not following it although my son is watching many of the games. I caught some highlights at a Korean BBQ last night when they were replaying the Brazil/Chile game.

No particular favorite......although perhaps Germany since the company I am consulting for currently is based out of Berlin. That's as far as my interest in it goes.
    Pharmaceutical?

- Knockout_Power

Pharmaceutical?
    Nuclear Medicine and radiopharmacy.

Nuclear Medicine and radiopharmacy.
    Oh okay cool. Didnt do much with nuclear other than seed implants.

- Knockout_Power

Oh okay cool. Didnt do much with nuclear other than seed implants.
    Brachytherapy?

Brachytherapy?
    Yep

Wasnt really involved much in it. Not like ortho and stem cells

- Knockout_Power

Yep

Wasnt really involved much in it. Not like ortho and stem cells
    Nice.....stem cells would be a fascinating area.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irlkev View Post
    Certainly some valid points there, but the assumption that if it was more of a mainstream sport in the states you would be world beaters at it, doesn't ring through. Look at this world cup even. Uruguay, with a population of 3 million have made it to the last 16 while teams like Spain, who were world and European champions are on their way home. England, who invented the game, and is played by nearly every child in the country, can't get past t first stage. And they have the most successful and profitable league in the world, where numerous players are on nearly 500k dollars a week. America one day may become one of the top footballing nations, but it's a couple of generations away at the earliest.

England has the most successful league because they pay the most and the pound rules all currencies. America will never be a top team in the states. **** half the team arent even from America lol. They are Army Brats who had one american parent. One American player doesnt even speak English. They are there on a technicality. I love soccer but as I got older and watched MJ hang in the air I kicked the soccer ball in the garage and put my full attention into Basketball. This world cup is extremely effected by the weather. Most of the central and South American countries are thriving.....

Rwy
    [QUOTE=Honkey_Kong;6889779]
    Quote Originally Posted by irlkev View Post

I like baseball a lot, but I'm not going to round up 200 friends to go beat up some filthy Yankees fans when they're playing the RedSox.
    Soccer blows baseball away. What a snooze fest baseball is....lol

Rwy
    [QUOTE=irlkev;6889884]
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post

Not a fan of baseball, don't even know the rules, but would love to watch a red sox game in Fenway park some day. One of the great sporting amphitheatres of the world.
    I am very excited I am going to Madrid in a couple of months and going to catch a Real Madrid game while there. A soccer game in another country is def on my bucket list. Plus I will get to watch Ronaldo

Rwy
    Warren sapp - 300lbs

40 yard dash - 4.69 seconds
    American football players are faster then soccer players but the stamina goes to soccer players. One of the Americans mid fielders were clocked running a distance of 18 miles over 90 minutes. How ****ing crazy is that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rwy

American football players are faster then soccer players but the stamina goes to soccer players. One of the Americans mid fielders were clocked running a distance of 18 miles over 90 minutes. How ****ing crazy is that lol
    Right.....

My point tho is athleticism isn't based solely on stamina. So to call football players, baseball players, lacrosse players, etc not as athletic as soccer players is Assinine.

Each sport has requirements..... Different kinds of athleticism. Throw a defensive tackle into a soccer match and he'll suck wind and fall over. Throw a soccer player into the defensive tackle position in football and he'll be flattened.

They're different disciplines - much like bodybuilding and power lifting.

- Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by Rwy

England has the most successful league because they pay the most and the pound rules all currencies. America will never be a top team in the states. **** half the team arent even from America lol. They are Army Brats who had one american parent. One American player doesnt even speak English. They are there on a technicality. I love soccer but as I got older and watched MJ hang in the air I kicked the soccer ball in the garage and put my full attention into Basketball. This world cup is extremely effected by the weather. Most of the central and South American countries are thriving.....
    Another reason why America will never become a top contender with home grown players is because of the increasing number of kids getting into lacrosse. More and more schools are adopting lacrosse. It's a fall sport and therefore is attracting kids from football and soccer. Football is already established and is widely loved in America..... The kids with raw talent that do well through their youth won't be going to lacrosse. Same goes with soccer...... But there's a hell of a lot less because it was never pushed as a "popular" sport. Hell..... Highschools have 1/4 of the budget for soccer as they do football. Atleast...... That was the case for my highschool.

- Knockout_Power

irlkev is offline Junior Member
    Sadly the USA have bowed out at the last 16 stage to Belgium. They can hold their heads high though after a fantastic game of football. This world cup seems to just get better and better as it goes on. Maybe they should hold it in Brazil every time.

Rwy
    Another reason why America will never become a top contender with home grown players is because of the increasing number of kids getting into lacrosse. More and more schools are adopting lacrosse. It's a fall sport and therefore is attracting kids from football and soccer. Football is already established and is widely loved in America..... The kids with raw talent that do well through their youth won't be going to lacrosse. Same goes with soccer...... But there's a hell of a lot less because it was never pushed as a "popular" sport. Hell..... Highschools have 1/4 of the budget for soccer as they do football. Atleast...... That was the case for my highschool.
    If you live in North East and you do not want to pay college tuition put your kid in lacrosse. They give scholarships to bench warmers. Half my high school got a scholarship for lacrosse.

Rwy
    Also I think the USA womens team kinda proves my theory. They have always been right there in the world cup. They dont have other sports holding them back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information