Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tigershark
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: Military and steroids

Jdubz219 is offline Junior Member

Military and steroids

I'm a marine, and I've ran 6 cycles total.. Great results from all.. What's your opinion on if we should be allowed to take them?? I vote yes, me and my buddies are on them and it really pays off.. If combat pilots can take adderol for focusing why can't we take roids for the physical and mental demanding things we do thru out our day to day routine.. It's just hard with them "testing" for them.. But the truth is, their test doesn't cover any types if steroids , they have to get a separate test and it cost a lot of $$ for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That's a slippery slope!

The majority of members here would likely advocate for legalized use of anabolics. If you're asking however, should it be legal for certain professionals or occupations, where would we draw the line? If it's permissible for military, why not law enforcement, fire fighters, construction workers, roughnecks, or any vocation that has greater physical demands? The strength benefits aside, what about anabolics for improving mood, libido, appetite, etc? Where does one draw the line in determining who should benefit and who should not?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    It's just a matter of time....

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdubz219 View Post
    I'm a marine, and I've ran 6 cycles total.. Great results from all.. What's your opinion on if we should be allowed to take them?? I vote yes, me and my buddies are on them and it really pays off.. If combat pilots can take adderol for focusing why can't we take roids for the physical and mental demanding things we do thru out our day to day routine.. It's just hard with them "testing" for them.. But the truth is, their test doesn't cover any types if steroids , they have to get a separate test and it cost a lot of $$ for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum
    I may be getting old, but didn't I have this conversation with you two weeks ago? This is almost word for word what my thoughts were.

My point is that the military was being hypocritical if they allow significant stims to combat pilots, and disallow steroids for combat soldiers.

I believe that fighter pilots are just as prone to abusing stims as anyone else. But there are only a "few" fighter pilots compared to all the boots on the ground we have. And society at present would never allow wide spread steroid use . There would be a public outcry.

Now, this doesn't mean some special ops soldiers don't get steroids from the government. But the vanilla rank and file, the thousands and thousands of soldiers I'm referring to, will never get them. Not in our current political climate.

The other problem is that with Adderall, it's one and done. but with steroids, it takes prolonged periods of time to reap the benefits of AAS.

This is an apples and oranges comparison

---Roman

noon is offline Senior Member
    I personally believe that if you in the service you should be clean .
    My tax dollars give you your paycheck. And I don't want to buy you illegal drugs.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Its your life and the lives of the men around you that need protection. That is what is important. So if Steroids help save anyone in your units life than I say, hell yes, take them. I think the marine motto should be eat clean, drink clen , take test/ tren and claim all natty . . .

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    They will never be legal in the military because once they do then you can claim it as a service connected disability if you did any damage to yourself while on active duty. Best thing to do is just keep it to yourself and when someone questions you on why you are in the shape you are in you just answer, "Diet and exercise."
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    They are legal.

If you have low testosterone . Go to a doctor and get a script and poof legal pharm grade test.

But STEROIDS are bad and as long as the public view steroids as bad and testosterone as good they will never be legal.

Steroids have a BAD public perception. Just as a certain weed used to have but the vast majority of the public has come to find that that weeds isn't as bad as movies like Reefer Madness portrayed.

Same thing with aas as long as the news reports roid rage the general public with think steroids make people huge and out of control. And the public that already want to condemn guns as bad will never go for huge men trained to kill being placed upon a substance that makes them rage.

Right now steroids have a bad public image and some people are really in the dark. I was having a discussion with my dad and steroids came up and he's against them thinking "they are bad" but in the same conversation he talked about testosterone replacement therapy. I pointed out that test IS a steroid and he looked at me like I was from mars. He didn't make the connection that steroids ARE test. Test replace has a positive image stroids do not and as long as the public hears stories about roid rage and kids killing themselves or others because of steroids it wont be made legal for the public, military, or anybody.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    The thing with steroids in the military is Tricare the military insurance no longer pays for hormone replacement. They stopped it about a year ago and I have to pay for all of my wife's scripts out of pocket now. And the VA will not prescribe it either, I know because I have low T and have been asking about it. Unfortunately in my area doctors are moving away from testosterone replacement . My wife had to go through several doctors to find one to listen to her about what she was dealing with. Tricare covered us for over a year then the letter went out they were no longer supporting it. Yes one of her scripts is for test and luckily our pharmacy works with us to give us a discount for her to make it affordable enough as long as the doctor will continue to write the scripts.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by evander87 View Post
    They are legal.

If you have low testosterone . Go to a doctor and get a script and poof legal pharm grade test.

But STEROIDS are bad and as long as the public view steroids as bad and testosterone as good they will never be legal.

Steroids have a BAD public perception. Just as a certain weed used to have but the vast majority of the public has come to find that that weeds isn't as bad as movies like Reefer Madness portrayed.

Same thing with aas as long as the news reports roid rage the general public with think steroids make people huge and out of control. And the public that already want to condemn guns as bad will never go for huge men trained to kill being placed upon a substance that makes them rage.

Right now steroids have a bad public image and some people are really in the dark. I was having a discussion with my dad and steroids came up and he's against them thinking "they are bad" but in the same conversation he talked about testosterone replacement therapy. I pointed out that test IS a steroid and he looked at me like I was from mars. He didn't make the connection that steroids ARE test. Test replace has a positive image stroids do not and as long as the public hears stories about roid rage and kids killing themselves or others because of steroids it wont be made legal for the public, military, or anybody.
    Testosterone replacement therapy doesn't have as much of a positive image as you're making it out to be. You see the commercials the ambulance chasers are running on TV about it? The average person builds his pool of "knowledge" based on the information (or misinformation) he/she gets from TV. So they more they run these commercials and the more the media in general badmouths it, the more people think that TRT is going to give you a heart attack and so it shouldn't be done. Yet they'll have no problem popping Tylenols as if they're candy.
    Succor likes this.

Thread Information