noon is offline Senior Member

Angry Camping disaster

I have always enjoyed getting away with my family . Now I'm older and have a family of my own.
    We get out as much as we can and I usually love it.
    It's not what it used to be. I have a two year old and I do like a few things that we didn't have when I was a boy.
    Electric hook up and tap water if we go to a state park. Whatever I'm old.
    This last weekend we went and I took my brothers boys six and seven . Leave the electric toys at home I told them. They almost backed out. I had to tell my brother to make them go. They spend to much time inside.
    I have a large four room four season tent that I can pt a pot belly stove in if I like. I hunt out of it in the fall.
    Setting that beast up is half the fun twenty min and it's up. Took my time to show the boys the steps. All good.
    Here's the snag. Low life dirt bags in every site around us drinking and loud and smoking cigs and loud music . Day one midnight I went from site to site telling them to quiet down meeting medium resistance from drunks. One site the guy told me to take a hike before I knock your stupid ass out and take your wife for a spin. Then he yelled over my shoulder." YA HEAR THAT honey" my wife called the cops and dropped him went back to my site and waited for the boys in blue. Twenty min later I give a statement they tell me I'm fine. They took him to the drunk tank for the night. Asked if I wanted to press charges they gave me a slew to choose from. I had a hard Tim sleeping that night. I just kept rethinking how crappy our society has become. Even the simple things in my life have been infected. I'm just sounding off.
    Feel free to chime in.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    My wife and I did a lot of camping with the kids when they were younger and I have ran into the same issues. Many times we would end up parked next to a bunch of drunk inbreds that were complete idiots the worse part is most of them were my friends that we camped with.
    But seriously it does suck when someone wrecks your weekend like that.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    You just can't go camping on regular campgrounds. You really have to go off the beaten path and in to the woods.

JAB1 is offline Member
    I will never camp in a campground. Some of my friends do this with there kids, i just dont get it. Tenting next to a bunch of other people seems miserable to me, because of things like you describe. Too many scumbags and creeps. Only way I will tent is if it out in the middle of no where with nobody else around, or in my back yard.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Anything that involves other people suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Anything that involves other people suck.
    Yes this

DontTaseMeBro is offline Member
    I'm not big on campgrounds. A buddy of mine woke up to a drunk trying to get into his tent about 2:00 a.m.. The drunk argued that the tent was his until his friends heard the commotion and took him away. Getting away from others is the best way to go; albeit usually less convenient.

I'm with you on kids and their electronic garbage. My wife and I took all 4 of our kids (mine and hers) to the beach. As she and I were swimming, boogy-boarding and throwing the frisbee in the surf, I looked up and all 4 kids were sitting under an umbrella playing on their phone. I told my kids "no phones" on our next vacation. They had their mom text me to tell me they weren't going to go and they haven't talked to me sense.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    and the other side of it

ten, maybe fifteen years ago, we were at our favorite camp ground, off the coast, deep in an old growth red wood forest. ten o'clock is quiet time. always has been. the night before, the night we first go there, we seen the sheriff patrolling the campgrounds, and stop in front of this one site. told the guy he had to leave. maybe ten thirty at night. he had to pack in the dark and haul ass. something about violating the noise curfew?

the next night, ten o'clock sharp, we had the radio on but quiet. these are big camp grounds with spaces about the size of half a standard lot, maybe 75x50 or something like that. so the radio was real quiet. the crew cut looking young man appeared from the shadows and informed us we were in violation of the noise curfew, and unless we wanted to be evicted in the middle of the night, we better turn off the radio. so my buddy goes over and turns it down real quiet. can hardly hear it ten feet away. this young man puffs up his chest and says he told us to turn the radio off, not down. last chance before eviction. so we turn the radio off. by the end of the night, someone else had been evicted after the sheriff showed up.

this was in complete contrast to how the place had been run in the past. I've been going to this place since I was eight years old. and it was always mellow and laid back. the campers are mellow too. so this was a complete shock to us.

we contact the park ranger the next day, and he said he had no idea what was going on. I follow up again after going home, as I had been going there longer than that young man had been alive. He was on such a power trip! I found out later that Colonel Klink was eventually fired for conduct unbecoming a deputy ranger. we went back the next year and things had returned to normal.

I think if there would have been an issue in the above scenario, I would have maybe went through the park ranger if that was something you could do. too many times I've seen drunks want to fight, which means ruining your weekend. Unless I too were drinking some, which I've been guilty of before in the past. alcohol is a real mofo.

jesse4466 is offline Member
    Camped all over as a kid with the family- yellow stone, Wyoming, Colorado, AZ, Utah, some amazing parts of America . Very nice to see camping. You don't see a lot of low life's in those parts, those are the real deal camping at its finest.
    Last edited by jesse4466; 07-18-2014 at 02:14 PM.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTaseMeBro View Post
    As she and I were swimming, boogy-boarding and throwing the frisbee in the surf, I looked up and all 4 kids were sitting under an umbrella playing on their phone. I told my kids "no phones" on our next vacation. They had their mom text me to tell me they weren't going to go and they haven't talked to me sense.
    Very funny !!

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    I got 3 weeks planned already one done all in maine different world out there we got a 30 foot hybrid not real camping but we like it. It has more amenities than most people's houses.
    Come to same campground noon it would be fun walking site to site dropping random people.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140621_220454.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	657.3 KB 
ID:	151972

I got 3 weeks planned already one done all in maine different world out there we got a 30 foot hybrid not real camping but we like it. It has more amenities than most people's houses.
    Come to same campground noon it would be fun walking site to site dropping random people.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camping disaster-20140621_220454.jpg  

God dam pics.
    I hate all electronic devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Derekjpapa View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140621_220454.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	657.3 KB 
ID:	151972
    We will be in York for two weeks and in old orchard for two days end of August get in touch wee will by the steaks

Dam next week is a week at sun rv resorts in old orchard beach and 3rd week august is lake sebago.
    Just got new webber q grill too.

Quote Originally Posted by Derekjpapa View Post
    Dam next week is a week at sun rv resorts in old orchard beach and 3rd week august is lake sebago.
    Just got new webber q grill too.
    we used to be avid tenters. but ever since my friggin back started hurting all the time, all that packing and unpacking is a pain in the back (literally). so we sometimes rent and RV and the woman will pack it up for us, and be ready when I get off work. no shame in an RV. none at all....

...but we always get a little one so we can still fit in the places we like to go

Wife wants to get a pop up its a baby step I'm not against the idea

Quote Originally Posted by noon View Post
    Wife wants to get a pop up its a baby step I'm not against the idea
    we've been talking that for years. it's a great compromise as best as I can see. it holds most of your gear, so packing/unpacking is minimized. Almost any car can haul one. And you can still bring a tent if you like, or sleep inside the pop up.

But they can be kinda bouncy with the woman, if you know what I mean. So if you are a big guy, then you will either need to figure out additional support, or let the kids sleep in there while you and the woman sleep in a tent. Or just decide that you won't be "playing around" in the pop up.

we just never got around to pulling the trigger.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong
    You just can't go camping on regular campgrounds. You really have to go off the beaten path and in to the woods.
    ^^^ Sounds like could have been better experience. Location location location.

Some ppl make for an ugly drunk and don't know when to stop. Unfortunate.

trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    never camp in a campground.... its for people who don't like nature enough to get off the beaten path...
    Plus its hard to pack a shat ton of beer back into the hinterlands.

As a kid we went to a lot of KOA's... lots of rules but the number one rule was "This is a family place... WE will call the cops if you annoy our guests!" got laid but never got drunk...

Thread Information