Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active

Thread: Looking for people with experience in bulking

GetHuge16 is offline New Member

Looking for people with experience in bulking

Hey guys quick stats on me, I'm 21yo 6'6" 215lbs athletic build. I'm really just looking for some help with people that have experience bulking. I'm looking for any advice on foods or supplements I should be looking into. I have been lifting for about 3 years now, consistently (4-5 days a week) for a little over a year. I know I still have a lot of ability to grow into my body and size which is why I'm not looking to do steroids just yet (unless there are oral ones that are reasonably safe and good for my stats to help). Currently using Elite Mass by Dymatize as my protein powder it's roughly 600 calories and 55 grams of protein (any advice on that or a better product would be helpful). Money really isn't an issue so willing to spend whatever on any product/foods/etc that will help me gain mass. Similarly any dietary recommendations and/or foods that have worked for you guys in the past would be helpful. In terms of a workout, online there's an equal amount of sources that say do chest/back, bi/tri, shoulders/legs but an equal amount that say do back/bi, chest/tri, shoulders/legs to gain mass so I'm not really sure which is best so coming to the experts for recommendations. Similarly any recommendations on number of sets/reps and whether to rep slow or fast would help. I would really like to try to gain 20 pounds in muscle mass in the next few months so any advice that you think can help I will gladly accept! Thanks in advance!

Jesusbrah is offline Associate Member
    You want 20 lbs of muscle in a few months naturally? Geez, wouldnt we all? Good luck with that...

Just focus on getting the right amount of calories in, with the right macros. Any type of meat, eggs, brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole grain pasta, quinoa, oatmeal, greak yogurt, cottage cheese, almonds, cashew, peanutbutter etc...

I have already gained 10 pounds in the last month and a half by changing my diet. I'm quite skinny which is why I think it is entirely possible if I get the right diet and workout routine. I understand for someone who is at the right weight it is entirely difficult but currently sitting at 215 at 6'6" I'm about 20 pounds underweight which is why it should be easier (not easy) just easier.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    10lbs in a month of muscle without any hormones? My bullshit detector is going off. My advice to you is eat more and eat clean. Try not to drink so much protein shakes
    lovbyts likes this.

I didn't say it was all muscle. However I was 205 mid April and am now 215. I may not be amazing in math but that's 10 pounds and that's a month and a half. I'm don't know my exact body fat percentage but based off knowing my own body I can say it's not high and so I would assume most of it is muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by GetHuge16 View Post
    I didn't say it was all muscle. However I was 205 mid April and am now 215. I may not be amazing in math but that's 10 pounds and that's a month and a half. I'm don't know my exact body fat percentage but based off knowing my own body I can say it's not high and so I would assume most of it is muscle.
    I'd assume most of it is fat or just bloating. 10lbs of muscle is quite a bit of mass. I don't even think you even put 5lbs of muscle on in a month. But this is pointless to be bitching about because if you didn't have your BF% accurately measured before and after, it's impossible to know how much muscle you actually gained.

uhit is offline Member
    I took creatine and was a big responder to it. Even with the 'water weight gain', it took me I believe 2 months to put on 10lbs with a 200-300 + caloric surplus and am confident only about 30-40% of that was muscle

Most likely you've gained like 2-3lbs of solid muscle and the rest fat/water

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    What ever the case may be..... You just need to eat. Your tall.... So looking like a monster will be harder. Eat a lot, and often. Whole foods are your friend..... Save the shakes for pwo and in the middle of the night if you must have one.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Why is everyone concerned with how much muscle he may or may not have gained instead of answering his question? It doesn't really matter either way. He's gaining weight so he's doing something right.

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I think you should hit the nutrition forum and post up your meal plan for review. The food part is the hardest part of this game. Once you have that part down the rest comes much easier
    RaginCajun likes this.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Agreed^^^^^ .... hardest part by far.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I think you should hit the nutrition forum and post up your meal plan for review. The food part is the hardest part of this game. Once you have that part down the rest comes much easier
    this!!!!!!!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    maybe we can move this to the nutrition section

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    maybe we can move this to the nutrition section
    I concur! We can get em straightened out easy - he is doing domething right(asking as it's not fat) but at thst height food Is your friend every 1.5 2 hrs max you should be eating PC F- on ocassion(meal timing) etc coordinating that w/your training you'll be amazed at whst the body can do welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    Why is everyone concerned with how much muscle he may or may not have gained instead of answering his question? It doesn't really matter either way. He's gaining weight so he's doing something right.
    He's looking to put 20lbs of muscle on though. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to look like a fat oaf after he's gained all that weight. So dieting is really important. And I can't think of anyone who can put on 20lbs of muscle in a matter of a few months without any sort of "help." 10-15lbs sounds like a good annual goal.

But as far as how the OP should lift, he should always do his reps slow, steady and controlled (which is something he asked). And as far as a workout routine goes, it really doesn't matter what day he does what as long as he gets the entire body covered.

Thread Information