Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Hazard
  • 1 Post By thegame1431
  • 1 Post By David LoPan
  • 1 Post By tcw

Thread: Drug screen for job

pitweiler is offline Member

Drug screen for job

Not for AAS but for opiates. I'm going for an interview for a job today that I'm feeling pretty confident that ill get. It's just an over night position at lowes. My question is if I'm getting prescribed opiates by my pain management doctor, is it going to effect me getting this job because I will fail the drug test if they check for opiates.

DOSA is offline Associate Member
    if you are prescribed there should not be a problem as there should be a form to fill out before hand.
    If not prescribed order yourself some good synthetic urine.

I'm prescribed it. I have the pill bottles with my name on them with my doctor and could provide a documentation from my doc also if they ask. I've just never been in this situation before where drugs being in my system could be an issue. Finally able to get back to work after this back surgery is going to help a lot and relieve some stress. Do I disclose this info during my interview or wait until the drug screening?

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by pitweiler
    I'm prescribed it. I have the pill bottles with my name on them with my doctor and could provide a documentation from my doc also if they ask. I've just never been in this situation before where drugs being in my system could be an issue. Finally able to get back to work after this back surgery is going to help a lot and relieve some stress. Do I disclose this info during my interview or wait until the drug screening?
    I'd wait till the screening. I wouldn't tell a potential employer I had back surgery.
    tcw likes this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    I'd wait till the screening. I wouldn't tell a potential employer I had back surgery.
    As long as you are able to do the duties required in position, no need to share this information.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree 100% with Hazard and girly.

Thanks guys and girly! That's pretty much what I thought. Just wanted to make sure and be on the safe side.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Correct, most employers are good with pain meds as long as you can perform your duties and not be on them at work. If you get the job check their policies for future drug screens. At my job we can only have scripts that are within 6 months old. So a lot of the vets we have on pain pills have to renew their meds every 6 months and can't have a year long script like most docs do for long term pain management.

thegame1431 is offline Junior Member
    you just list the prescription on the form, and the might come back after and ask you to prove it is a prescription made out to you.
    David LoPan likes this.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Due to HIPPA laws an employer cant know if you are taking drugs or not if they are RX to you. You pee and it gets tested. If it shows positive then you will be contacted by the people at the lab. They will verify your RX and your good to go
    tcw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark
    Correct, most employers are good with pain meds as long as you can perform your duties and not be on them at work. If you get the job check their policies for future drug screens. At my job we can only have scripts that are within 6 months old. So a lot of the vets we have on pain pills have to renew their meds every 6 months and can't have a year long script like most docs do for long term pain management.
    Damn, year long scripts. That's a lot of pills lol my pain management doc only does it monthly

That's what I kinda figured but just needed some reassurance. I feel like I nailed the interview. Hopefully I hear back from them tomorrow

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    This depends on how many panels the test is, and the specific drug being prescribed. A test for opiates only tests for natural and one or two semi-synthetics(demerol, hydrocodone,etc). A test for opoids, on the other hand will show for things like percocet. They are two different tests, the latter is unusual for most pre-employment tests as they are not considered common drugs of abuse.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You could also just skip the opiate for a few days before the test. I'd hate to think that you'll be lifting and carrying stuff around at work with a back injury so bad that you can't skip a few doses.

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTahl View Post
    Due to HIPPA laws an employer cant know if you are taking drugs or not if they are RX to you. You pee and it gets tested. If it shows positive then you will be contacted by the people at the lab. They will verify your RX and your good to go
    That depends on what type of job and work you are doing.

1. If you are driving a Rig (big 18 wheeler) then opiates will be an automatic turn down
    2. Also, Law Enforcement might dis-qualify you
    3. Anti-depressants or Tranquilizers (even though they are prescribed) might be grounds for a turn-down (even though MANY IN MANAGEMENT of the same company will be popping pills). Talk about hypocrisy ! ! !

*** its called invasion of privacy. Welcome to the 21rst Century!
    lovbyts likes this.

Thread Information