Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Care to discuss your budgeting style, technique, or method? -bookkeeping

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    C3RB3RUS is offline Banned

Care to discuss your budgeting style, technique, or method? -bookkeeping

pick one topic. ignore all others

*1st topic
    my whole career i did the 'weed work' (technical nerdy detail stuff-so much fun) in my job and never put to much stalk in the worth of budgetary works. but now I've got this budgeting method in my personal life that i think is dope.

the initial contribution is high, but once one gets started every bill and cost one can count on, once or twice a month, is reduced by half. you can just keep going if you want, actually; creating more money that one has 'to blow.' Maybe i'm a dummy for just figuring this out, but don't most people have 2 checking accounts? one for bills and the other for fun? it's just so much easier with 2. one can just forget about bill pay when it's nearly all automated. having an account with money to blow is awesome too because one can see exactly how much he, or she has to blow.

what are some other things to go over based on the personal experiences, facts and techniques of others?

is anyone here into investing? i spoke to a Finance adviser for like 2 hours. he honestly didn't say much more than what i already have a grasp on, minus the details he surely had a deep understanding of. a very light familiarity with types of investments is all i have.

also, i learned how to use a bank loan as a bargaining chip when one goes to the auto dealer. lie about the interest rate your bank gave you and hope that the dealer doesn't ask to see the loan. This will work to your advantage on the interest they will charge you on the lease your getting too. though they will think it's their idea. Also, know your credit score to get the monthly payments as low as possible. The dealer might try to BS his way deeper into your wallet by telling you your credit wasn't good enough to have low low payments. eventually like i was saying one works his, or her way into a lease in which he tells the dealer that he'll turn in the vehicle for a new one after the lease is up. one is actually leasing to buy. it's better that one lies to the dealer, so free oil changes and tires n crap get thrown into the lease. while leasing the value of the vehicle will be depreciating. thing is one will have to watch their mileage, dings pings, cleanliness, etc. Is this accurate?

house buying: i learned about the reasons for using an ARMS mortgage VS the reasons for a Fixed. ARMs for selling the house after the fixed period is up and fixed for keeping the thing. also, buy 'new construction' get the all the 'basic upgrades' and anything you want, but can't build/install yourself, like an island in the kitchen. install/build shit yourself at your leisure to increase the property value. upgrades coming with the initial purchase will increase the amount paid on interest.

Can anyone impart more knowledge on me based off his and hers' personal experience? i'm mostly interested in pitfalls, and ways to 'work the system?'
    Last edited by C3RB3RUS; 11-28-2015 at 10:06 PM.

Thread Information