Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Tips for buying an engagement ring

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I've shopped consignment b4 but not for diamonds. There was a ma and pa jewelry store that had "estate sale pieces" and I found beautiful Pearl earrings. You have to be decisive. I walked out without a special one of a kind piece. Went back the next day and it was gone. Forever.

Not sure if anyone else mentioned diamond wholesalers. Or diamond brokers. I would avoid the big chain jewelry stores at the mall. There markups are incredible! Crazy and don't fall for the trade up policy. They are just ripping you off a second time. Lol
    Ahh pearls. They are so inexpensive in the Philippines because they are plentiful and local. I brought back some VERY nice white, black and multi colored necklaces, bracelets and earrings for family members. $50 there gets you $500 equivalent here.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 07-25-2016 at 02:55 AM.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Just remember the size is overrated. The clarity is so much more important and even the shape and colour. know point haVing a big diamond only for it to be cloudy and look gay. I use to work in a diamond mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Just remember the size is overrated. The clarity is so much more important and even the shape and colour. know point haVing a big diamond only for it to be cloudy and look gay. I use to work in a diamond mine.
    To a point. Most people wont be able to tell the difference between a Si vs Vs or especially a VVS and you will pay 3x the price especially when you get over .75 When you reach 1 ct it really starts to go up. Last on I bought was 1.26

Make sure also that whatever you get you know if it's been treated or not. Color enhancement, clarity or fulled. I think the filled is most important because if there are cracks that have been filled they can easily re appear if the diamond gets hot when mounted.

*Admin* is offline AR Admin
    Diamonds International... I have bought a few from them and NEVER been disappointed!

What Ring does she want? Remember you can buy slightly under 1ctw and get a better deal and depending on the cut look just as big... All depends on size she/you want...

Fine Jewelry, Rings, Earrings, Bracelets, Necklaces, Pendants, Bridal, Watches, Designer Jewelry – Diamonds International
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Looks like a good site... You just order them right off the website? One thing I know she liked was rose gold and I noticed they only had one listing for that...is that just a less popular option or something?

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I went to a jewelry exchange for mine. I feel I got a good price..... Clarity was VS1 or VS2 and color was F I believe. The center diamond was .98C with another .5 Carats around the ring.

It was the best I could do at the time but she absolutely loved it. Everyone that sees it in person says it's beautiful. Cost around $6k I believe

The picture isn't very clear sry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tips for buying an engagement ring-image-565000962.jpg  
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

I really would like to get something around 8k. I have the cash to do it but honestly would like to finance at least some of it. Can this be done through the jeweler you buy it through or would I need to go through a bank and get a personal loan or something?

somewhatjacked is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    I really would like to get something around 8k. I have the cash to do it but honestly would like to finance at least some of it. Can this be done through the jeweler you buy it through or would I need to go through a bank and get a personal loan or something?
    If she is into branded shit I would buy tiffany or cartier with that budget - it will be tiny but the box means a lot to some girls.

If you are close to Canada consider buying it there coz of the exchange rate.

All the stores I have been to offered financing.

Good luck.

How are you planning to surprise?

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    The size of a diamond doesn't represent the amount of love you have for her.
    A smaller diamond that you can afford should have the same meaning as a large one that you can't afford or would have to finance.
    I was financially strapped when I bought my wife's ring and paid less than $800 for it (Couldn't afford that at the time).
    Years later I was going to suprise her and have a large stone put in it for our anniversary. She found out about it and refused to have it changed, she said the size of a rock had nothing to do with the meaning of it or what it represented.
    I will admit I have an awesome wife.

Just my opinion though
    Last edited by diesel101; 01-11-2016 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatjacked View Post
    If she is into branded shit I would buy tiffany or cartier with that budget - it will be tiny but the box means a lot to some girls.

If you are close to Canada consider buying it there coz of the exchange rate.

All the stores I have been to offered financing.

Good luck.

How are you planning to surprise?
    She really likes going on vacations... we do a cruise almost every year so I was planning on doing it next year while on our yearly cruise lol.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    The size of a diamond doesn't represent the amount of love you have for her.
    A smaller diamond that you can afford should have the same meaning as a large one that you can't afford or would have to finance.
    I was financially strapped when I bought my wife's ring and paid less than $800 for it (Couldn't afford that at the time).
    Years later I was going to suprise her and have a large stone put in it for our anniversary. She found out about it and refused to have it changed, she said the size of a rock had nothing to do with the meaning of it or what it represented.
    I will admit I have an awesome wife.

Just my opinion though
    Damn you do have a great wife. I would just like to give her something amazing and have it be right the first time... If I have to sell some toys for extra cash then so be it... This will be the one and only time I do this (I hope).

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289
    Damn you do have a great wife. I would just like to give her something amazing and have it be right the first time... If I have to sell some toys for extra cash then so be it... This will be the one and only time I do this (I hope).
    He does have an awesome wife!!!!

Uhmmmmm regarding selling toys to buy more stone.....I fear you are feeling the pressure the Wedding industry wants to feel. Funeral industry also exploits emotions to buy a more expensive funeral package....

Eh I just want to get her the very best ring I can.... I can always buy new toys down the road. She's going to be the one with all the money so if im really good to her maybe I can get even nicer toys in the future

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Eh I just want to get her the very best ring I can.... I can always buy new toys down the road. She's going to be the one with all the money so if im really good to her maybe I can get even nicer toys in the future
    Selling the toys is ok as Long as its because you do want to upgrade in the near future. I've done that and its worked out each time because the old toy goes out of style. I'm talking about quads and jetskis, not wives.

thatguy007 is offline New Member
    go for it man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information