RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

Investing/Flipping Real Estate

Anyone dabble in this?

Starting to look into a little more and wanting to know where to find more information on it.

Know of any good websites/businesses for obtaining some capital?

Trapology is offline Associate Member
    Uh try small plots of land first and then move your way up. Thats how i started a long while ago

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun
    Anyone dabble in this? Starting to look into a little more and wanting to know where to find more information on it. Know of any good websites/businesses for obtaining some capital?
    A friend and I have flipped 2 houses in 2 years. We have a realtor we know and trust and she contacts us if there is a listing that may lend itself to being flipped. We are handy, but not carpenters or contractors so we take our time and hire out help. I would not take on a massive project without more equity to risk on the endeavor. I have 2 young kids and I have an account set aside for these types of risks. I also am fortunate enough to have enough personal equity to secure low rate, short term LANs, but again, these are risky. And that's what they are: risks. We have had success, but we are not rich because of this. I only netted 7,000 on our most recent flip and was lucky to get that. If the buyer had negotiated....at all....on price, I would have made much less.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Also, if you have a skilled friend. Favors go a long way. Reduced charges and a lunch/dinner for advice or guidance. I have a buddy who is an electrician and for commercial cost on material, I'll get him a steak.

Of course sometimes family and friends will even lend expertise and help for free or for some sort of payment. Don't refuse this kind of help if you need it because your profit will be much greater than a steak dinner and a charms blow pop.

Also if you can provide someone with occasional side work, and you flip a property, it's a win win win

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Thanks for tidbits novastepp, I appreciate it!

I don't have much capital but know you can raise it if connected with the right people.

I have some people that I can pick their brain on this, as they do it for a living.

One of my buddies is looking into this as well and he led me to biggestpockets dot com.

Looks like I have some studying to do and some people to reach out to.

Frank777 is offline Junior Member
    I'm thinking about flipping a house when coronavirus quarantine is over. But I wonder whether I can do this by myself. Do I really need a realtor?

Oliver47 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
    I'm thinking about flipping a house when coronavirus quarantine is over. But I wonder whether I can do this by myself. Do I really need a realtor?
    I have recently gone through the process of purchasing an apartment. I was lucky to move before these turbulent times started. I recommend you to surf through this platform for Real estate in New York, NY . It helps you to narrow down choices

Karlanthen is offline New Member
    That's interesting to me. I would like to start investing.

mattyH122 is offline New Member
    lot less work just investing in tesla. think 10x in 10 years. best place to put money imo. bitcoin and eth should follow suit.

Iranon is offline Associate Member
    Bad time to buy a home or to invest unless you have inside illegal information and none of us have that. The markets are about to crash hard, do not invest now.

Thread Information