Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: White Privilege in America

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Manual labour/farming is far better then sitting behind a desk all day and pays better more often then not. Especially in this day and age with alot of lazy cvnts around. Regardless of what you do to earn Its what you do with your money that matters. Don't squander it make it work for you. Don't become a slave to someone else. For every dollar you earn make it into 5$ then 10$ then 15$ etc etc etc

As for white privilege it probably does exist to some degree. Society goes with what it knows. People use Statistics/reason For everything. I picked my accountant because he is a certain ethnic/religious group that has a good reputation for accounting. He may not of been the best but because of his last name im preordained to think he is the best man for my accounting needs. Thats just one example of one person. Im sure most people make subconscious decisions.
    Ill take the sitting behind the desk now days. It saves on the back and shoulder a bit I'm sure. I think I have done my share over the last 40 years and I still do plenty of manual labor on the side. I get my hands dirty doing most everything I can myself.

Example, last week I changed my inner/out tie rod on my AWD Stealth and all 4 struts. This week I'm "planning" on starting and hopefully finish hanging the chandelier in my dining room. I cant even imagine what it would cost to have it done. lol
    Last edited by lovbyts; 02-03-2016 at 01:48 PM.
    wmaousley likes this.

dep30 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

Crabbing is for sure a tough job and you cant exactly stop to take a break once you start pulling up the crab pots. How big was his boat? Did you have a crew or just a couple of you? That's a dangerous job also if you are one who goes out quite a ways.

I thought about going to Alaska for a few years out of school because it can be good money if you do it right but Damn wouldn't you now a girl got in the way lol.

Do you still like/eat crab?
    It was just me and my uncle on a small 20' boat in south Ga. It was really hard nasty hot work.. I don't think I would have cut it on an Alaska crab boat haha. I made 125 a week so it's safe to say my my uncle was making the profit! I do still enjoy crab tho I only did it a couple of summers when I was 12 and 13. my dad had me a job digging home footers the following summers
    wmaousley likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dep30 View Post
    It was just me and my uncle on a small 20' boat in south Ga. It was really hard nasty hot work.. I don't think I would have cut it on an Alaska crab boat haha. I made 125 a week so it's safe to say my my uncle was making the profit! I do still enjoy crab tho I only did it a couple of summers when I was 12 and 13. my dad had me a job digging home footers the following summers
    Oh yeah digging footers is much better. NOT lol Sucks when you spend all day digging only getting one side done and then they bring in a back hoe and do the whole thing in about 1hr. Been there, done that. I had the blisters to prove it. Man my hands use to be tough like leather. Not any more.

I had a job one summer that was only part time unloading boxes of frozen pork butts from a freezer truck. It paid really good. I got $100 for 1 truck and it took about 1 1/2 hrs. You would wear out 1 pair of new leather gloves in that hour so you were humping the whole time. Most I did was 2 trucks one day. At best it was 2 trucks a week though.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Manual labour/farming is far better then sitting behind a desk all day and pays better more often then not. Especially in this day and age with alot of lazy cvnts around. Regardless of what you do to earn Its what you do with your money that matters. Don't squander it make it work for you. Don't become a slave to someone else. For every dollar you earn make it into 5$ then 10$ then 15$ etc etc etc

As for white privilege it probably does exist to some degree. Society goes with what it knows. People use Statistics/reason For everything. I picked my accountant because he is a certain ethnic/religious group that has a good reputation for accounting. He may not of been the best but because of his last name im preordained to think he is the best man for my accounting needs. Thats just one example of one person. Im sure most people make subconscious decisions.
    This is a White Privilege USA Edition TV show, where we speak about the fact that there is no such thing as white privilige. We all know that White Privilege exists in Australia and that you guys including your South African brothers are proud of your white privilege.

Oh yeah digging footers is much better. NOT lol Sucks when you spend all day digging only getting one side done and then they bring in a back hoe and do the whole thing in about 1hr. Been there, done that. I had the blisters to prove it. Man my hands use to be tough like leather. Not any more.

I had a job one summer that was only part time unloading boxes of frozen pork butts from a freezer truck. It paid really good. I got $100 for 1 truck and it took about 1 1/2 hrs. You would wear out 1 pair of new leather gloves in that hour so you were humping the whole time. Most I did was 2 trucks one day. At best it was 2 trucks a week though.
    I fvcked around when I was 16 and decided to go spend the summer with my Grandfather in Texas. He owns a commercial/residential construction company and when I arrived (thinking we would be doing the Grandpa/Grandson thing all summer) he took me to the hardware store and bought me a tool belt, eastwing, square and tape measure. Lets just say I was slave labor for 3 months. Felt like an indentured servant throwing 1/2"-3/4" plywood decking on a roof two at a time for weeks. I was made to be the lumber bitch on the job site. That was the last time I spent the summer in Texas, however I was whipped into shape and left Texas with a new appreciation of life.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    This is a White Privilege USA Edition TV show, where we speak about the fact that there is no such thing as white privilige. We all know that White Privilege exists in Australia and that you guys including your South African brothers are proud of your white privilege.
    Every race has its own privileges. Not everyone is the same, some people are better(privileged) then others at somethings. thats just the way things are in life. Think of life as a pyramid you have the elites at the top down to junkies at the bottom and everything in between. If everyone was the same capitalism would not function.

Years ago In the dessert Ive seen with my own eyes blacks walk across blistering hot sand/jagged rocks/twigs/shrubs all day barefooted and not feel a thing but the euoropean whites could not. Because the blacks over time evolved to have no nerves and thicker skin in their feet. So they are more privileged in that regard then others. EVERYBODY BRINGS SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO THE TABLE!!!!!!!!

Ill take the sitting behind the desk now says. It saves on the back and shoulder a bit I'm sure. I think I have done my share over the last 40 years and I still do plenty of manual labor on the side. I get my hands dirty doing most everything I can myself.

Example, last week I changed my inner/out tie rod on my AWD Stealth and all 4 struts. This week I'm "planning" on starting and hopefully finish hanging the chandelier in my dining room. I cant even imagine what it would cost to have it done. lol

Look your probably right. That when your older it probably is better on the body to be less active day to day. Thats just biology. But also older people if they used their time/money more wisely should not have to be working anyway. Its a catch 22

Years ago In the dessert Ive seen with my own eyes blacks walk across blistering hot sand/jagged rocks/twigs/shrubs all day barefooted and not feel a thing but the euoropean whites could not. Because the blacks over time evolved to have no nerves and thicker skin in their feet. So they are more privileged in that regard then others. EVERYBODY BRINGS SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO THE TABLE!!!!!!!!
    Actually that's not a genetic thing, it's mostly just calluses. I had a girlfriend who went barefoot all summer and walked on hot sand and blacktop in 90 degree weather. Being a guy I could not let her out do me but it took a few weeks before I could do it for more than a minute. After a couple of weeks I didn't even notice because the bottom of my feet were tough lime leather but not anymore. LoL

Every race has its own privileges. Not everyone is the same, some people are better(privileged) then others at somethings. thats just the way things are in life. Think of life as a pyramid you have the elites at the top down to junkies at the bottom and everything in between. If everyone was the same capitalism would not function.

Maybe in your world my friend, but def not in mine.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    White privilege doesn't exist. Some of the most rich and successful people IN THE WORLD are black Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    White privilege doesn't exist. Some of the most rich and successful people IN THE WORLD are black Americans.
    Don't try to tell that to most anyone black. You will just be marked a racist.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Every race has its own privileges. Not everyone is the same, You want to use social justice as a way to combine people together by race, but then you say that not everyone is the same. That is true of people of the same race. It is not true both ways. Individuals make their own way, even within the same racial grouping.

some people are better(privileged) then others at somethings. thats just the way things are in life. This is true. Every. SIngle. Person is going to be better at things than others. Develop those skills into a need or a product and you will make a great living.

Think of life as a pyramid you have the elites at the top down to junkies at the bottom and everything in between. If everyone was the same capitalism would not function. But it is not created by being born. Some are born into money and that is true, but the wealth changes in our country based on hard work. Bill Gates was not born into his fortune. He earned it.

Your response is one that I would love to hear in a face-to-face discussion because I would repeatedly point out that fact that individuals make their own way and that groupings are only demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Your response is one that I would love to hear in a face-to-face discussion because I would repeatedly point out that fact that individuals make their own way and that groupings are only demographic.
    You know in my country the blacks are entitled to recieve monetary payments just because they are classed as indigenous. They are also entitled to apply for what we unofficially call a "black feller loan" which is a interest free(or very low rate) loan that is backed by the government. So if they default(which occurs no penalty to them) the coffers have to pay. That is a example of a black privilege.

You know in my country the blacks are entitled to recieve monetary payments just because they are classed as indigenous. They are also entitled to apply for what we unofficially call a "black feller loan" which is a interest free(or very low rate) loan that is backed by the government. So if they default(which occurs no penalty to them) the coffers have to pay. That is a example of a black privilege.
    We have tons of special schools, scholarship programs, grants and many other things just like you but we call it minority programs even though they have not been a minority for 20 some years or more. Doesnt matter how much you give some people there are those who will always Cobain and say it's not fair. Life rarely is fair.
    Euroholic likes this.

We have tons of special schools, scholarship programs, grants and many other things just like you but we call it minority programs even though they have not been a minority for 20 some years or more. Doesnt matter how much you give some people there are those who will always Cobain and say it's not fair. Life rarely is fair.
    I agree mate the more you give the more people want. We use to classify our natives as fauna but in the late 60's we granted them human status so now they are equal to us in everyway however they seem to feel hard done by even tho they get everything they could ever need given to them. They want to be treated like humans but on the other hand they complain about living in a civilised society. you can not please everybody mate

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic
    It's dangerous to engage someone when they try to change the scope of the discussion, meaning I was talking about America. I do not know the status of affairs in your country so I'm not going to comment on it.

But similar circumstances exist in America. You call it privilege. I call it prejudice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information