Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

Research on the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...?dopt=Abstract

Abstract

The purpose of this study is to gain understanding of the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men. The serum testosterone concentrations of 28 volunteers were investigated daily during abstinence periods after ejaculation for two phases. The authors found that the fluctuations of testosterone levels from the 2nd to 5th day of abstinence were minimal. On the 7th day of abstinence, however, a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak. Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation. The results showed that ejaculation-caused variations were characterized by a peak on the 7th day of abstinence; and that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum. These data are the first to document the phenomenon of the periodic change in serum testosterone level; the correlation between ejaculation and periodic change in the serum testosterone level, and the pattern and characteristics of the periodic change.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...?dopt=Abstract Abstract The purpose of this study is to gain understanding of the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men. The serum testosterone concentrations of 28 volunteers were investigated daily during abstinence periods after ejaculation for two phases. The authors found that the fluctuations of testosterone levels from the 2nd to 5th day of abstinence were minimal. On the 7th day of abstinence, however, a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak. Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation. The results showed that ejaculation-caused variations were characterized by a peak on the 7th day of abstinence; and that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum. These data are the first to document the phenomenon of the periodic change in serum testosterone level; the correlation between ejaculation and periodic change in the serum testosterone level, and the pattern and characteristics of the periodic change.
    Wow!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    "7th day of abstinence"

Is that physically possible?

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    "7th day of abstinence" Is that physically possible?
    hard but not impossible

this theory was to some extent tested by myself in the past but I managed to outlast 20days, and the volume of semen was approx 3x times greater than regularily, however I dont know how this corelates to my test levels or how does it relate to test building up in the ones body following such methods

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    A research on the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men. - PubMed - NCBI

Abstract

The purpose of this study is to gain understanding of the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men. The serum testosterone concentrations of 28 volunteers were investigated daily during abstinence periods after ejaculation for two phases. The authors found that the fluctuations of testosterone levels from the 2nd to 5th day of abstinence were minimal. On the 7th day of abstinence, however, a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak. Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation. The results showed that ejaculation-caused variations were characterized by a peak on the 7th day of abstinence; and that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum. These data are the first to document the phenomenon of the periodic change in serum testosterone level; the correlation between ejaculation and periodic change in the serum testosterone level, and the pattern and characteristics of the periodic change.
    were you a participant/subject in this study?

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    No, like I was saying I have tried it in a similar fashion by myself.

However, its not a rocket science, anyone can try it out and look at it bit more scientific.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    No, like I was saying I have tried it in a similar fashion by myself.

However, its not a rocket science, anyone can try it out and look at it bit more scientific.
    not you, Hoggage

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    BS

Religion funded?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB
    BS Religion funded?
    A publication in China I'm not very familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    A publication in China I'm not very familiar with.
    You mean it's not even China familiar?

Thread Information