• 4 Post By BG
  • 1 Post By 600@50
  • 1 Post By BG
  • 2 Post By marcus300

Thread: Money transfer paradox...

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member

Money transfer paradox...

Kind of an absurd situation.

A week ago, I sent a small amount of cash to some guy living in the far east.

Lazy that I am, I did it online. It's a small transfer after all. Turns out it gets suspended.

Phoned the customer service, everything is okay: although the transfer shows on hold, the bucks are ready for pickup in the country of destination, provided the receiver exhibits a valid ID.

Receiver then tells me he can't pick up the cash.

What I do suspect, he doesn't really have a valid ID. Either that or the most widely used money transfer service in the world is bullying me.

I might as well try to have the transfer cancelled, not sure if possible though.

Did this happen to anyone here? Should I consider the monies lost?

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Kind of an absurd situation.

A week ago, I sent a small amount of cash to some guy living in the far east.

Lazy that I am, I did it online. It's a small transfer after all. Turns out it gets suspended.

Phoned the customer service, everything is okay: although the transfer shows on hold, the bucks are ready for pickup in the country of destination, provided the receiver exhibits a valid ID.

Receiver then tells me he can't pick up the cash.

What I do suspect, he doesn't really have a valid ID. Either that or the most widely used money transfer service in the world is bullying me.

I might as well try to have the transfer cancelled, not sure if possible though.

Did this happen to anyone here? Should I consider the monies lost?
    You have to call, they will switch the receiver to you and you go pick your money back up. You lose the transaction fee. Well if its MG/WU.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^^This^^^^^ will work provided you have a valid ID for the name you used to send the money. Some people don't like using their real name to send cash for these types of transactions but all it takes is a slip up on the receiving end like you experienced and if you have no ID for the name you used then you can't pick it back up. You do have an ID for the sending name right?
    BG likes this.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    ^^^^This^^^^^ will work provided you have a valid ID for the name you used to send the money. Some people don't like using their real name to send cash for these types of transactions but all it takes is a slip up on the receiving end like you experienced and if you have no ID for the name you used then you can't pick it back up. You do have an ID for the sending name right?
    Very true I had this issue 10 or so years ago, lesson learned, 800$. I blew a fit in the store until the manager came out, the girl spelled the name wrong, it wsnt my fault, I argued and they gave in.
    almostgone likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    Yes, I do.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    If you did the transaction online you can transfer it back to yourself just ring them up, the receiver doesn't have ID from the sounds of it and this did happen to me once and MG contacted me to give me the money back.
    InternalFire and almostgone like this.

Ok it seems I will recover the entire transaction amount within a week, commission included, straight to my CC

Never again online with WU.

BG
    Good news. Wu is a pain in the ass.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Good news. Wu is a pain in the ass.
    yes id almost rather send cash by mail...

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Never do it online to begin with. Always go in so you can make sure it is all done correctly.

find someone that accepts paypal? can you tell us what the transaction was for and what country you are doing business in?

Also, how long did you court this vendor? you know: get to know them and ask a bunch of stupid questions to get a sense of how they do business?
    there are things reputable vendors will do, can do, cant do, shouldn't do etc. time in business is also an indication of the vendors trustworthiness. Company name too! a company name may tell you everything you need to know. also, how well does the vendor write? they dont have to write perfectly, neither does their English have to be the best, but they shouldn't sound ignorant. Are they serious and literal, or do they seem young and impatient. -do they attempt to entice you? if so how much? a reputable vendor won't need to present anything fancy. -just facts and figures at a fair price. make sure that you do plenty of shopping around. if your transaction is what i think it's for then it should come at a much lower price than prepared and ready to pin gear.

-just my thoughts and experiences.
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 08-19-2016 at 03:49 PM.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    yes id almost rather send cash by mail...
    Definitely for domestic.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post
    find someone that accepts paypal? can you tell us what the transaction was for and what country you are doing business in?

Also, how long did you court this vendor? you know: get to know them and ask a bunch of stupid questions to get a sense of how they do business?
    there are things reputable vendors will do, can do, cant do, shouldn't do etc. time in business is also an indication of the vendors trustworthiness. Company name too! a company name may tell you everything you need to know. also, how well does the vendor write? they dont have to write perfectly, neither does their English have to be the best, but they shouldn't sound ignorant. Are they serious and literal, or do they seem young and impatient. -do they attempt to entice you? if so how much? a reputable vendor won't need to present anything fancy. -just facts and figures at a fair price. make sure that you do plenty of shopping around. if your transaction is what i think it's for then it should come at a much lower price than prepared and ready to pin gear.

-just my thoughts and experiences.
    Did you read the whole thread? He got his money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post
    can you tell us what the transaction was for and what country you are doing business in?
    It was a gift for needy kids

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    Never do it online to begin with. Always go in so you can make sure it is all done correctly.
    Lesson learned...

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    I just paid for some gear using eCheck. Not sure how I feel about that.....

Thread Information