yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Opening a PO box

I recently had a package not make it to my house.... I haven't received a letter yet but I've heard that takes a few months. So Im putting together another order but I'm concerned my address has been flagged so I'm going to open a PO box. I had a couple questions though that I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

First, if my address has possibly been flagged, wouldn't my name be flagged as well? If I open a PO box in my name (which I would have to as they require ID) wouldn't I have issues with customs? Or is it just the address that gets flagged and not the name?

PO boxs really aren't that cheap. I was thinking of opening one for 3 months... just long enough to get an order. The larger ones are expensive so I was thinking of going with a medium which is 5.5"X11"x14.75" I believe. I think that should work for my order. If it for some reason doesn't fit, I've heard they just keep it behind the counter... is this true?

RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I get all my packages to a PO Box, most of the time they don't fit so, yes, they keep it behind the counter and just slip a card in your PO Box saying they have a parcel for you.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Makes me uncomfortable getting packages handed to me..know the ppl at the post office if it's a strange face handing you the package or the ask you to wait , leave..it can't just be the regular postal clerk that busts you..it's gotta be a postal inspector or dea..I wouldn't swear it though unless you live in a really small town the usually just confiscate the package..I don't think your name will be flagged just addy..
    Last edited by KINGKONG; 01-20-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Alright thanks guys. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    How much is a po box cost? I think they are only like 90$ a year here

I'm going to open a medium and that is $80 for 3 months.... some of the larger ones are close to 1k for a year. It differs slightly from location to location but it's still much more expensive than I though.

Thread Information