Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Any beach dwellers here?

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man

Any beach dwellers here?

Looking to take the lady to the coast this summer. Heading to the east or southern coast, (NO WEST COAST) looking for a place thats not tourist lines and retards on spring/summer break.

We are both the quieter type, fishing poles, some beer, and a lodge type. Anyone know of any spots not loaded down with loudmouths and foreigners? Just need a cabin and a beach, nothing fancy or with lots of sights to see.

Florida particularly interests me or georgia, just dont wanna get there and be standing shoulder to shoulder with people who should be on a cruise ship. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Obs; 03-16-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    St. George Island. It is sucluded and awesome.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    St. George Island. It is sucluded and awesome.
    Thanks I will look into it. Anything thats not loaded down is awesome.

KCMOman is offline Associate Member
    Puerto Rico has several secluded quiet beaches. Flamenco beach on the small island of Culebra is the most beautiful beach I've ever seen. It cost like ten bucks to take a ferry from the coast of Puerto Rico to Culebra. Google it, its beautiful. And Puerto Rico is an American territory so no passport needed.
    Obs likes this.

This is where we stayed last year. Bring all your food. There is one grocery store on the island and they are expensive. You can drive off but it's a 30 min drive to a Piggly Wiggly.

https://www.vrbo.com/799082
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    This is where we stayed last year. Bring all your food. There is one grocery store on the island and they are expensive. You can drive off but it's a 30 min drive to a Piggly Wiggly.

https://www.vrbo.com/799082
    I just was on a rentals site. Lots of choices of places to stay there too! Place you stayed looks nice.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by KCMOman View Post
    Puerto Rico has several secluded quiet beaches. Flamenco beach on the small island of Culebra is the most beautiful beach I've ever seen. It cost like ten bucks to take a ferry from the coast of Puerto Rico to Culebra. Google it, its beautiful. And Puerto Rico is an American territory so no passport needed.
    Will do thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    I just was on a rentals site. Lots of choices of places to stay there too! Place you stayed looks nice.
    We were there in August. We saw 2 people on the beach. It's the most sucluded spot I've ever been that also has restaurants and liquor stores. Lol. It is awesome. We saw dolphins every morning from the sun room. The house next door had a pool. There is a community pool in this complex.
    Obs likes this.

Beautiful island. Wasn't impressed with the beaches. Mountains were cool. Jamaica and Costa Rica have better beaches but have become commercialized. Belize has too many bugs on the beach.

Obs
    I may have to check out the place you stayed. My biggest worry about flamenco is it can get very busy. I just want quiet and water as far as I can see. This will be one where we leave the kids at home. St. Georges looks promising. I will drive there which is a plus too.

I may have to check out the place you stayed. My biggest worry about flamenco is it can get very busy. I just want quiet and water as far as I can see. This will be one where we leave the kids at home. St. Georges looks promising. I will drive there which is a plus too.

Dude you will not regret SGI. I promise you that. We were at the west end of the island. It's a gated community and very private. The middle of the island has more people on the beach. We saw two people. And there was a sea turtle nest right off the the deck. We took our dogs and they just ran and swam.
    PT1982 and Obs like this.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'll be in Panama City Beach mid May. I love it there when spring break is over with and in the late fall. Only reason I frequent so much is because we have a place there. And the beaches are stunning. I'm a fisherman, so I wake up really early, catch or buy bait, and fish til about lunch time. Then I'll hang with the family all day and shark fish most of the night. I've been going there for over 25 years and I spend about 4 to 6 weeks a year there. It's just important not to go during spring break or the 4th of July! I live in GA and would steer you clear of it. The beaches are not very pretty, the water is always murky, and the waves can be a pain (especially if you want to fish). The Gulf is where you want to be. Crystal clear water and is usually calm. As cape said, St George is great and is not far either. The Florida panhandle is so great that you just can't go wrong really.
    Obs, Capebuffalo and Quester like this.

Obs
    Dude you will not regret SGI. I promise you that. We were at the west end of the island. It's a gated community and very private. The middle of the island has more people on the beach. We saw two people. And there was a sea turtle nest right off the the deck. We took our dogs and they just ran and swam.
    Well, that was easy. We are doing it in may. Gonna take another couple with us. Thanks! I am gonna look harder into the west end. Everything I found so far was middle of the island.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    I'll be in Panama City Beach mid May. I love it there when spring break is over with and in the late fall. Only reason I frequent so much is because we have a place there. And the beaches are stunning. I'm a fisherman, so I wake up really early, catch or buy bait, and fish til about lunch time. Then I'll hang with the family all day and shark fish most of the night. I've been going there for over 25 years and I spend about 4 to 6 weeks a year there. It's just important not to go during spring break or the 4th of July! I live in GA and would steer you clear of it. The beaches are not very pretty, the water is always murky, and the waves can be a pain (especially if you want to fish). The Gulf is where you want to be. Crystal clear water and is usually calm. As cape said, St George is great and is not far either. The Florida panhandle is so great that you just can't go wrong really.
    I was all set to go to key west some years ago and then I found out its the college party place and homo vacation capital of the US. No offense but my redneck ass would stick out like a sore thumb there.

I grew up going to PC. Destin Sandestin Navar and anything on 30A is great and beautiful but there are a lot of people. Traffic can suck hard. If you want to feel alone SGI.
    Obs and PT1982 like this.

Obs
    What is the weather in may like there? Is it cold water I mean?

Obs
    I grew up going to PC. Destin Sandestin Navar and anything on 30A is great and beautiful but there are a lot of people. Traffic can suck hard. If you want to feel alone SGI.
    She is taking her friend brittany and her beau. Those two girls are wild as hell together. I would say it would be day drinking on the beach and night drinking at a bar. They hold each others hair out of the way when they drink too much which is about every time they go out. Lol thanks again

What am I your travel agent?
    St George Island Water Temperature (Sea) and Wetsuit Guide (Florida - Gulf, USA)

77 deg

Obs
    Lmao sorry but I need like minded individuals advising. May was listed as one of the best months to visit but travel sites are usually just gonna sell you on whatever makes for better business.

Hawaii is absolutely beautiful too but it's very expensive and so many Asian tourist, I always feel like I'm in a Godzilla movie when I'm there!
    Obs, NACH3 and BG like this.

Obs
    Hawaii is absolutely beautiful too but it's very expensive and so many Asian tourist, I always feel like I'm in a Godzilla movie when I'm there!
    Lol! They are hilarious! (Hiwarewious)
    I went to branson/silver dollar some time back and everyone was asian or mexican! Its like they hear a story about the hillbilly land and they gotta see it!
    Quester likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke
    Lol! They are hilarious! (Hiwarewious) I went to branson/silver dollar some time back and everyone was asian or mexican! Its like they hear a story about the hillbilly land and they gotta see it!
    The asians are little people and they pretend that they can't see you, I tried to talk to them but they like ants marching! Lol!
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    The asians are little people and they pretend that they can't see you, I tried to talk to them but they like ants marching! Lol!
    Lol they do avoid eye contact.

I agree 100%! Traffic is terrible. St George is a delight and I often run over there to catch a few flounder and eat at least 1 day.
    Obs and BG like this.

The water is usually about 70 degrees in may. It's chilly, but very bearable. July it gets up to about 80 and is a bit too warm for my liking.
    Obs likes this.

Go to Jackson Hole, WY in October. It's all Asians!

Obs
    The water is usually about 70 degrees in may. It's chilly, but very bearable. July it gets up to about 80 and is a bit too warm for my liking.
    Heading in late may. Posa be 77º. Thats about like stocton lake in august here in missouri. Not too bad.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Best beaches in the world in queensland mate
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Best beaches in the world in queensland mate
    I dont doubt it brother. I just am not crossing oceans to get to my spot on this one. This is just gonna be a quick getaway for a few days

Heading in late may. Posa be 77º. Thats about like stocton lake in august here in missouri. Not too bad.
    Missouri huh?! A state I'm wanting to spend some time in! I've drive through but never stayed. I've got turkeys, ducks, and trout on the brain 24/7.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Missouri huh?! A state I'm wanting to spend some time in! I've drive through but never stayed. I've got turkeys, ducks, and trout on the brain 24/7.
    All the cool stuff outdoors wise is down south in my opinion. Northern missour has bigger deer with better genetics and lots of ducks but its just more fun on the south side of I-44. I was born in the heart of the ozarks and grew up there so I get tired of the flatlands where I am now pretty quick.
    PT1982 likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    It beautiful here in the Hamptons, water and beach every where. Restaurants and night scene is very cool but you better have a deep wallet.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    hit west coast of florida.

Its heavens waiting room over there, very peaceful. I love it. Moving to lakewood ranches within the year.
    stay north of ft. myers

let me know when and where, have a wave runner rental business in sanibel
    Obs, PT1982 and BG like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    hit west coast of florida.

Its heavens waiting room over there, very peaceful. I love it. Moving to lakewood ranches within the year.
    stay north of ft. myers

let me know when and where, have a wave runner rental business in sanibel
    I have heard of guys that buy 5 of those and rent them out for $100 a day. Sounds like awesome way to make money!

I have heard of guys that buy 5 of those and rent them out for $100 a day. Sounds like awesome way to make money!
    $75 per hr.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    $75 per hr.
    Damn! Thats some big easy money!

Damn! Thats some big easy money!
    Insurance would have to be a bitch.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Insurance would have to be a bitch.
    I would just start an llc and have them sign a waiver that they have insurance for it. If they ever sued just dissolve the llc and fire up a new one. They would be sol.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    insurance not as bad as you think.
    we have 10 ski's that rent out for $40 half hour, 65 hour, 90 hour and half.
    Obs and Capebuffalo like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    insurance not as bad as you think.
    we have 10 ski's that rent out for $40 half hour, 65 hour, 90 hour and half.
    Awesome way to make a living!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information