Results 1 to 26 of 26
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By guitarzan
  • 2 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Beetlegeuse
  • 1 Post By guitarzan

Thread: Condor Plate Carriers

  1. #1
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,038

    Condor Plate Carriers

    Does anyone have any experience with these?

    AR500 Armor is running a sale through 12/11 and Iím looking at a more compact one. The Condor Sentry No side panels but quick on and off and doesnít take up much space in the truck.

  2. #2
    guitarzan's Avatar
    guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    4,525
    Condor Plate Carriers-img_1464.jpg

    I love mine. I have steel plates
    Last edited by guitarzan; 12-01-2017 at 12:55 PM.
    Obs likes this.

  3. #3
    guitarzan's Avatar
    guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    4,525
    Mine has the side plates

  4. #4
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,038
    The Sentry is on sale for $35. The AR500 level iii front plate $65 and the back plate $49. With side plates I know it would be optimal. But this one could be semi concealed if I don’t put double Taco mag holders on the front under a coat.

  5. #5
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,631
    Blog Entries
    6
    I need to pick up a set eventually

  6. #6
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,038
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I need to pick up a set eventually
    The most expensive Condor plate carrier on sale is $80. 5.11 and Blackhawk are $200-$300 and never go on sale. If the Condors are good quality it seems like a no brainer. I’d use the same plates either way and that’s what you need to work the most.

  7. #7
    guitarzan's Avatar
    guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    4,525
    Dang, I paid $350 for my plates. Probably six years ago or so

  8. #8
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,038
    They are levelIII so they will stop a 7.62/.308 at 2800 FPS

  9. #9
    guitarzan's Avatar
    guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    4,525
    That's what mine are

    Condor Plate Carriers-img_1465.jpg

  10. #10
    Obs
    Obs is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,053
    Attachment 171064

    My primary armor concerns...
    guitarzan and Sh0tsf1red like this.

  11. #11
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,532
    Were you guys plan on going in the ghetto for a drive by?

  12. #12
    guitarzan's Avatar
    guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    4,525
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Were you guys plan on going in the ghetto for a drive by?
    Lol...

  13. #13
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,038
    Condor Plate Carriers-d7147cc1-8341-44e1-8426-f03bba9ee229.jpeg

    No. Waiting for the ghetto to come by my house.

  14. #14
    Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    740
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with these?

    AR500 Armor is running a sale through 12/11 and I’m looking at a more compact one. The Condor Sentry No side panels but quick on and off and doesn’t take up much space in the truck.
    Not the best, not the worst. My primary is a may weather. But I have six sets of them with the ar500 plates. Great for the price,decent quality. I have SEVERAL bags so when I was able to grab them at a good price I went for it and loaded up. They were like half price of just the may weather carrier with no plates

  15. #15
    Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    740
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Were you guys plan on going in the ghetto for a drive by?
    Better to have and not need than need and not have

  16. #16
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh0tsf1red View Post
    Not the best, not the worst. My primary is a may weather. But I have six sets of them with the ar500 plates. Great for the price,decent quality. I have SEVERAL bags so when I was able to grab them at a good price I went for it and loaded up. They were like half price of just the may weather carrier with no plates
    Thanks for the info. It would only be worn in training sessions. Thrown in the truck in case of an active shooter event. Or going somewhere I probably don’t need to be going. Not planning on walking down the streets of Kandahar.

    So you think it’s a mid quality carrier ok for the above?

  17. #17
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh0tsf1red View Post
    Not the best, not the worst. My primary is a may weather. But I have six sets of them with the ar500 plates. Great for the price,decent quality. I have SEVERAL bags so when I was able to grab them at a good price I went for it and loaded up. They were like half price of just the may weather carrier with no plates
    Is it a Mayflower?

  18. #18
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,532
    You guys been watching way too many war movies.

  19. #19
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,038
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    You guys been watching way too many war movies.
    No...... Just the news.

  20. #20
    Beetlegeuse's Avatar
    Beetlegeuse is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,663
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    You guys been watching way too many war movies.
    If you've only seen war in the movies, count your blessings.

    People get PTSD because they've been in a violent event and seen people hurt or killed. And afterwards they're haunted by the feeling that they could have done more to prevent it. That they acted too slowly or were underprepared.

    Being unprepared is what makes you a PTSD victim. Preparing to meet with even the most unlikely of encounters with every possible tactical advantage gives you best opportunity to be a PTSD carrier. I plan not to get PTSD, I plan to give it.

    Sticking your head in the sand won't stop it happening to you, but if sticking body armor and an evil black rifle behind the seat of your truck saves even one innocent from being hurt, how much is that worth?
    Obs likes this.

  21. #21
    Obs
    Obs is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    If you've only seen war in the movies, count your blessings.

    People get PTSD because they've been in a violent event and seen people hurt or killed. And afterwards they're haunted by the feeling that they could have done more to prevent it. That they acted too slowly or were underprepared.

    Being unprepared is what makes you a PTSD victim. Preparing to meet with even the most unlikely of encounters with every possible tactical advantage gives you best opportunity to be a PTSD carrier. I plan not to get PTSD, I plan to give it.

    Sticking your head in the sand won't stop it happening to you, but if sticking body armor and an evil black rifle behind the seat of your truck saves even one innocent from being hurt, how much is that worth?
    Well said.
    You're alright beetlegeuese

  22. #22
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,038
    Like the Boy Scouts that kicked me out say “Always be prepared”

  23. #23
    Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    740
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mayflower, my bad

    Man they hyped that fight good...

  24. #24
    Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    740
    Blog Entries
    1
    I think it's fine for the stated purpose.

    Realistically, the best carrier/plate combo is the one you can move the best with, and shoot the best with from all positions; standing, kneel, prone, etc.

  25. #25
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh0tsf1red View Post
    I think it's fine for the stated purpose.

    Realistically, the best carrier/plate combo is the one you can move the best with, and shoot the best with from all positions; standing, kneel, prone, etc.
    True. This is more for the truck. Easy in, easy out. Possible active shooter situation. No missions where I need comms frags or smoke. 3 mags on the front. Belt with leg rig has my blow out bag. Helmet will be next. Just so expensive.

  26. #26
    guitarzan's Avatar
    guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    4,525
    I think the condor will work fine for your purposes
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •