• 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By marcus300
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By marcus300

Thread: AVEED (Nebido) - Testosterone undecanoate for US guys

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

AVEED (Nebido) - Testosterone undecanoate for US guys

Okay, I have run a search, read the profile and done some homework. This was a good read. Thanks, Marcos - http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-re...py-nebido.html

My question is more to the US guys but also want the UK guys that have been on it for a while to weight in. It might be better to have posted in the TRT thread so if it gets moved that is okay. Thought I would get better members answering in this area.

What are the benefits other than fewer shots and ups and downs with taking this form of Testosterone ? What have you noticed while you have been taking it?

Are doctors here in the USA writing it and will insurance cover it? Is there a risk-reward to getting it just a couple of times a year vs getting an RX and having that extra stash of Test C? I ask this due to I get a "weekly bottle" that is 200mg/ML but it actually has 1.5 mils of juice in the bottles. Do you have to visit your doctor to get these shots or will they mail them to your house or Pharmacy?

Did you have to take a break from doing any kind of cycle to dial this dose in? How is your reaction when you have Nebido in your system and doing a cycle?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    The longer your on Nebido the better it becomes, the build up of the halve lifes over the years tends to increase the T levels. I can't comment on Aveed because our over here is 1000mgs per shot but there is no roller coaster ride of hormone levels and its a lot better then test E I was on previously to this therapy. The downside is getting it dialled in correctly some suffer because it can take a few injections before your running a peak so make sure you get your booster shot and give it time its well worth it. Nearly every Endo in the UK is taking about it and prescribing it due to the studies out and the reaction to patients

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    Okay, I have run a search, read the profile and done some homework. This was a good read. Thanks, Marcos - http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-re...py-nebido.html

My question is more to the US guys but also want the UK guys that have been on it for a while to weight in. It might be better to have posted in the TRT thread so if it gets moved that is okay. Thought I would get better members answering in this area.

What are the benefits other than fewer shots and ups and downs with taking this form of Testosterone ? What have you noticed while you have been taking it?

Are doctors here in the USA writing it and will insurance cover it? Is there a risk-reward to getting it just a couple of times a year vs getting an RX and having that extra stash of Test C? I ask this due to I get a "weekly bottle" that is 200mg/ML but it actually has 1.5 mils of juice in the bottles. Do you have to visit your doctor to get these shots or will they mail them to your house or Pharmacy?

Did you have to take a break from doing any kind of cycle to dial this dose in? How is your reaction when you have Nebido in your system and doing a cycle?
    I spoke to my Dr. about it a while back the injections have to done at the Dr.'s office. It is listed on my insurance's formulary. My insurance is BCBS of Illinois.

These highlights do not include all the information needed to use AVEEDŽ safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for AVEEDŽ.AVEEDŽ (testosterone undecanoate) injection, for intramuscular use CIIIInitial U.S. Approval: 1953

WARNING: SERIOUS PULMONARY OIL MICROEMBOLISM (POME) REACTIONS AND ANAPHYLAXIS
    See full prescribing information for complete boxed warning
    Serious POME reactions, involving urge to cough, dyspnea, throat tightening, chest pain, dizziness, and syncope; and episodes of anaphylaxis, including life-threatening reactions, have been reported to occur during or immediately after the administration of testosterone undecanoate injection. These reactions can occur after any injection of testosterone undecanoate during the course of therapy, including after the first dose (5.1).
    Following each injection of Aveed, observe patients in the healthcare setting for 30 minutes in order to provide appropriate medical treatment in the event of serious POME reactions or anaphylaxis (5.1).
    Aveed is available only through a restricted program called the Aveed REMS Program (5.2).
    Last edited by almostgone; 12-27-2017 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Added insurance company.
    marcus300 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

^^^^The link above is from the Endo website.

This is from a .gov website. I may be mistaken, but I believe only healthcare providers can acquire and administer Aveed.

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailyme...9-20ce07902045
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I spoke to my Dr. about it a while back the injections have to done at the Dr.'s office. It is listed on my insurance's formulary. My insurance is BCBS of Illinois.

These highlights do not include all the information needed to use AVEEDŽ safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for AVEEDŽ.AVEEDŽ (testosterone undecanoate) injection, for intramuscular use CIIIInitial U.S. Approval: 1953

WARNING: SERIOUS PULMONARY OIL MICROEMBOLISM (POME) REACTIONS AND ANAPHYLAXIS
    See full prescribing information for complete boxed warning
    Serious POME reactions, involving urge to cough, dyspnea, throat tightening, chest pain, dizziness, and syncope; and episodes of anaphylaxis, including life-threatening reactions, have been reported to occur during or immediately after the administration of testosterone undecanoate injection. These reactions can occur after any injection of testosterone undecanoate during the course of therapy, including after the first dose (5.1).
    Following each injection of Aveed, observe patients in the healthcare setting for 30 minutes in order to provide appropriate medical treatment in the event of serious POME reactions or anaphylaxis (5.1).
    Aveed is available only through a restricted program called the Aveed REMS Program (5.2).
    In other words the Yanks are scared stiff of injection volume or is it really the bigger companies didn't want Nebido available. There are hundreds of studies in Europe but they anted to complete their own studies which went on for yrs Mmmmmm control from the other pharmacies!!! or so I've heard it been stated lol
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    In other words the Yanks are scared stiff of injection volume or is it really the bigger companies didn't want Nebido available. There are hundreds of studies in Europe but they anted to complete their own studies which went on for yrs Mmmmmm control from the other pharmacies!!! or so I've heard it been stated lol
    LOL, I think it is like Kel said once. They gave the shots and someone coughed, so as usual the government sh!t it's pants.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't some kind of shenanigans with the pharmaceutical companies either.
    marcus300 and cousinmuscles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    LOL, I think it is like Kel said once. They gave the shots and someone coughed, so as usual the government sh!t it's pants.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't some kind of shenanigans with the pharmaceutical companies either.
    I heard it was the companies holding it back and some study when someone coughed lol, if they check out the studies what were done over 5-7-8 yrs using 1000mgs in a 4ml shot no one coughed. I do know the bigger Pharms didn't want it in the USA so I guess it got watered down in volume but hey its still available but they not pushing like in Europe, its everywhere over here.
    almostgone likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    The longer your on Nebido the better it becomes, the build up of the halve lifes over the years tends to increase the T levels. I can't comment on Aveed because our over here is 1000mgs per shot but there is no roller coaster ride of hormone levels and its a lot better then test E I was on previously to this therapy. The downside is getting it dialled in correctly some suffer because it can take a few injections before your running a peak so make sure you get your booster shot and give it time its well worth it. Nearly every Endo in the UK is taking about it and prescribing it due to the studies out and the reaction to patients
    X2, great stuff.

Thread Information