Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Podcasts and youtube

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member

Podcasts and youtube

Have you ever heard a pro bodybuilder on (whatever platform) say things like:
    "I now know you don't need to starve yourself for weeks on end to hit your goal. Now I have a cheat meal every X amount of time"
    "You don't need to run high amounts of gear"
    Etc
    I hear it often and I wonder. They're saying it now that they are huge. Is it not necessary now for them, would they have got to where they are today if they took their own advice? None of them did that before they were pro for a while. I've never hear one say they had a (reasonable) cheat meal every tenth meal since day 1 and ran only 500mg test outside contest prep. Do they only think that now because they can get away w it now therefore assume it also would have before?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    I believe some of the more old school guys like Lee Priest probably did get to where he was at running low dosages.. but for a majority of guys they spent probably 10 years or more in the trenches running everything under the sun and doing all they could to get big and go after that pro card. sure now that they are there they can't talk "maintenance" dosages and amounts of food.

you gotta look at genetics too.. some guys need massive amounts of drugs to stay big and lean. when they retire and get off the drugs they shrink and don't even look like they lift. other guys, like Jay Cutler, train low intensity and maintain a good amount of size naturally (or on trt)
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

Thread Information