• 1 Post By JaneDoe
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By Fiskevatten
  • 2 Post By tarmyg
  • 1 Post By diesel101
  • 1 Post By JaneDoe

Thread: Perseverance in your 2020 goals !!!

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

Perseverance in your 2020 goals !!!

I'm here throwing a challenge. I challenge everyone on this forum to write everything you plan to accomplish by 2020 on a sheet of paper or journal where only you will have access.
    Each goal achieved in the year 2020, you will scratch the paper or diary.The challenge is open, I hope you all participate. The fuel for success in our lives is always keeping our life prospects close to us.
    GearHeaded, Cuz and Ernst like this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    over the years I've learned that setting too many separate un related goals is futile and only sets you up for failure..
    example
    - I'm going to make such and such money
    - I'm going to get to 7% body fat
    - I'm going to meet a hot girl friend
    - I'm going to stop partying on the weekends
    - I'm going to hit a 405 squat for 12 reps

these goals are separate and very un related

I like setting up one MAIN goal with mini goals that support the main goal rather then random separate unrelated goals

for example (and this is a true goal for me 2020).
    - goal - I'm going to put on about 35 pounds and get strong as fuck this year
    mini goals
    - I'm going to get in at least 5 large protein based meals in per day
    - I'm going to stop using alcohol when I'm stressed out and stop using it for helping my anxiety
    - I'm going to program my training routine like I would for a client and follow it to a T rather then just training instinctively
    - I'm going to follow a set pattern in my life and a set routine and every day is going to look the same and I'll basically be a machine
    - I'm going to progressively overload my training and stick to a set program and not just lift heavy ass weight and do stupid shit in the gym and get myself hurt
    - I'm going to set my finances and budget up so I can get the highest quality nutrition food I can so I'm not just eating "dead calories" and every meal I eat is for a damn purpose

see how the mini goals are just supportive of the main goal . much better chance of success setting goals up that way in my opinion.
    then the next year change your main goal to something new. but don't have 5 different and un related goals in one year
    JaneDoe, ghettoboyd and Cuz like this.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    I make New Years Resolutions every year as a tradition. I keep them with me all year and mark them off at the end if I succeeded.

I usually accomplish at least a few of them too. Sometimes it takes more than one year to get around to it but eventually it gets done. Quitting smoking was a big one that took a few years until I managed to make a successful push.

This year I already have a few laid out. Here's a sample:

Reduce Credit Debt
    Study German For Fluency
    Read German Harry Potter
    Complete TTMIK Lessons (Book 1-4)
    Be On Time
    Be Nicer
    Listen More
    Show Wife More Appreciation
    Compliment Someone Every Day
    Ask yourself daily: "What did you do today to put yourself closer to your long-term goals?"

Just some things I need to work on. I've already started.

My German is super rusty because I hardly ever speak it, so part of this year will be a push to reclaim that as well as branch out into Korean (that's the ttmik lessons).

Most of the others are about being a better version of myself.

The gym goals are a secret Gym goals are like wishes. You can't tell anyone or they won't come true.
    tarmyg, Cuz and JaneDoe like this.

Ich spekin die deutsch nicht so gut
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    Well, if we can get 1or 2 goals out of paper in 2020, it means we are fighting to be someone better!
    I heard a sentence once that said, "Dreaming big or Dreaming small is all the same, so it's better to dream big."
    It doesn't matter if that goal you set on paper seems impossible to accomplish. You have to have your feet on the floor that every day he can be closer to you when lifting the butt of the couch.
    Well, mini goals are short term goals which are also valid! Small goals should only serve as a push to reach the big goals. So it doesn't matter, the year for you to achieve the goal of your dreams. Just start taking action and embracing the small opportunities life gives us.
    Cuz likes this.

this may be a negative aspect of this whole topic but its the truth

I had a journal I wrote in years and years ago. one of the times I wrote down 'life goals' and not just mini goals was after a medical issue. I had an issue with my pancreas and docs thought it could of been pancreatic cancer. I had an ultrasound done and the results were not good at all and I had to go in for more testing with MRI and contrast dye. well it turned out I was just fine and the issue had to of been some acute inflammation.
    BUT , it took weeks to figure this all out. during that time you go through a lot of self reflection. I wrote down some life goals

some of the stuff I wrote down at the time
    - I went back to church (that wasn't a goal per se but I used to be in seminary and preach so that calling was re ignited)
    - I was a successful business man at the time and I said I wanted to make 10,000 net per month
    - I said I wanted to take my family on multiple vacations every year and spend quality time with them
    - I wanted to be a zero handicap golfer
    - I wanted to weigh 180 pounds and bench 225 for reps

those are all kind of silly goals for a guy in my situation at that time. but they are what they are

well time passes by.
    - I quit going to church and became a sinner that cheated on my wife and slept with other women
    - I became a millionaire by 33 years old .. fuck making 10k per month, some months I made 60k
    - I never took my family on a single vacation since that time.. too busy
    - my best score on a 72 par golf course is 69
    - I'm over 200 pounds and a 225 bench is a warm up

THEN .. guess what. life changes. not only do goals change but sometimes they are stripped away completely.
    now
    - I have been called to preach and run a church ( I still refuse to do this though at this time)
    - I've lost all my "million" and barely can buy food for my kids each month
    - no vacations.. I sit in my house with my kids and don't even like being there
    - I've had 4 back surgeries . my lower back is fused from the hips up and held together will brackets and screws. I can't golf anymore
    - I'm weak and small as shit right now

goals come and go . sometimes you accomplish them but then you lose them. sometimes you never reach them. sometimes you far exceed them and want more.
    its only the journey itself that matters. the process of getting to your goals is what makes your life worth while. NOT the goal itself. goals can come and go and be lost. the process of getting there is what matters
    Cuz and JaneDoe like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Make money, get pussy, get bigger, get stronger....bout it for me
    XnavyHMCS and JaneDoe like this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Already been drinking less, so keeping at that. Spend more quality time with my wife. And of course do what we do here.

Oh yeah, learn how to use my navigation in my car. F’n hate technology.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    I'm up for it! Just gotta figure out the goal so I don't fool myself.
    I usually have 10 goals ((e.g. writing a book, starting webshop, create my invention), but the main goal is just making money
    for freedom packed as the above 10.
    In the end I don't succeed since I'm not passionate enough to complete it, just start it.

However, I have just recently started to figure out how I can hone my social skills.
    I consider myself an excellent talker and great at bringing people happily to me, but I'm too "unorthodox" to implement
    it as a salesman or life coach.
    Would love to find my place and use my skills.
    Leaning against ytb somehow
    JaneDoe likes this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    My singular goal in 2020 is to support my wife so that we can leave this country while I still have part of my mind intact. If I succeed in that everything else will be considered a huge bonus.
    JaneDoe and GearHeaded like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    My singular goal in 2020 is to support my wife so that we can leave this country while I still have part of my mind intact. If I succeed in that everything else will be considered a huge bonus.
    thats an awesome goal

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Goals for 2020? I am still trying to survive this miserable fucking year.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    Brother I understand still have a few days left, for this year to end.
    -
    Each day a fight, an overcoming, this is part of life!
    diesel101 likes this.

Thread Information