• 2 Post By Proximal
  • 2 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 2 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By BG
  • 1 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By redz
  • 2 Post By BG
  • 1 Post By DROY

Thread: Is it true that if 300 pound man hits you, you’re fucked?

wavefunction is offline Associate Member

Is it true that if 300 pound man hits you, you’re fucked?

Any 300 pound man, regardless of his bf % etc. Even a fat man who’s never trained in his life?

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by wavefunction View Post
    Any 300 pound man, regardless of his bf % etc. Even a fat man who’s never trained in his life?
    No.
    Not at all.
    It also depends on what you mean.
    Unless you are very special or the agressor is a puss, a good square hit and its done if theres one to follow up.

Knockouts especially one hit knockouts go up in number with weight classes in boxing and MMA.

The reason is shock.
    Featherweight fighters have a hard time knocking one another out. Its pretty rare.

But when one giant object is up against another they do not move so easy the arm weighs twice that of norm and its attached to a large body.

The other body being hit takes much more kinetic energy to move.

But.... 120lb or 300 lbs we are all made of the same material. For that reason the square cube law comes into play.

Now when you see these pretend things like "The mountain" sparring with Conor McGregor dont be fooled.

The mountain could kill him like a small child even without training.
    There are humans and then there are freaks.
    All the idiots talking about beating up someone twice their size are either complete idiots with little man syndrome, or they found a giant pussy they shouldnt be bragging about beating.

We have weight classes for a reason in fighting sports and its to determine skill rather than whose the biggest and strongest. Also, training is great if you are fighting someone who is trained similar. In a real world fight it doesnt work so good as someone who is really good at taking a hit and pure evil gonna take those hits to kill you.
    It doesn't matter how much you read or study, Mike Tyson would murder Bruce lee in seconds.
    As would any modern fighter because Bruce Lee was fake.

You get my point.
    Last edited by The road; 02-19-2020 at 02:54 AM.

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.
    At 230 a couple years ago I held the record here for hardest hit. The owner of the machine was a 300lb norwegian that was pissed about it.
    I guess he should have tested for steroids .
    I held that record until he sold the machine. That thing made a lotta money! Couldnt believe he sold it.

Punching hard is not so much about mass as technique and speed.
    KINGKONG, Cylon357 and MecGen like this.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by The road View Post
    Punching hard is not so much about mass as technique and speed.
    I'm tiny but I hit very very hard for my size. Some people who hold pads for me are a little shocked at first. Getting hit hard by a heavyweight is a whole other world of pain though.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member

Is it true that if 300 pound man hits you, you’re fucked?

Big don't spell bad...It's technique..
    Like Road said, there are weight classes for trained fighters..

“Men do never if seldom, rise from small beginnings to great heights...Except through fraud or force"
    Niccolò Machiavelli

Blog Entries
    im curious where dose a question like this even come from?...what made you ask it?...besides curiosity, because obviously if he or anyone hits you square in the face you are not going to be a-ok...

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    F=MA

I used to get my ass kicked when fighting in TAe Kwon Do by someone 40 lbs lighter. He had so much force because he was so stinking fast.
    He dislocated my knee, broke my wrist, and sent a testicle up inside. All at different times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proximal is offline Banned
    And don’t forget technique/form. You hit with almost your entire body contributing - a lot of coordination along with that acceleration and force.
    sv.elia, The road and KINGKONG like this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    F=MA

I used to get my ass kicked when fighting in TAe Kwon Do by someone 40 lbs lighter. He had so much force because he was so stinking fast.
    He dislocated my knee, broke my wrist, and sent a testicle up inside. All at different times.

Pussy
    The road and KINGKONG like this.

teejey is offline Junior Member
    Ive gotten hit by. 300 lb dude and kept fighting. I got knocked out by some skinny fuckin white kid when I was drunk I never expected it.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    Pussy
    Lol I second that

“Men do never if seldom, rise from small beginnings to great heights...Except through fraud or force"
    Niccolò Machiavelli

sv.elia is offline Thinkin' Bold
    Depends on the context of the fight, if it's a street fight (everything's permitted), then weight in muscle mass always wins, no inbetween unless the bigger person is drunk or taken by surprise.

However, if you fight after a certain sport's fashion and your heavier opponent respects its rules, you're at an advantage if your technique is better (though still risking to get your ass kicked, size and longer limbs make a huge difference).
    Proximal and The road like this.
    “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ” - Roseanne Barr

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    Pussy
    LMAO

The road and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

Just read about that somewhere and wondered, that’s all...
    ghettoboyd and The road like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sv.elia View Post
    Depends on the context of the fight, if it's a street fight (everything's permitted), then weight in muscle mass always wins, no inbetween unless the bigger person is drunk or taken by surprise.

However, if you fight after a certain sport's fashion and your heavier opponent respects its rules, you're at an advantage if your technique is better (though still risking to get your ass kicked, size and longer limbs make a huge difference).

I am not trying to be sexist, forward or suggestive in any way.

But . . .

That was like dirty talk to me. I love me some fighting mechanics!
    sv.elia likes this.

So in a hypothetical scenario: Connor McGreggor against a 300 lbs couch potato in a street fist fight. McGreggor wins, right?

sv.elia is offline Thinkin' Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    I am not trying to be sexist, forward or suggestive in any way.

But . . .

That was like dirty talk to me. I love me some fighting mechanics!
    Lol, I did it unaware. I was just thinking of some sparring I did with boy colleagues and realised if any of this was an actual fight, I'd be done. Thought myself immortal till that point.

I wouldn't dare broach the topic of after-class sparring
    Proximal likes this.
    “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. ” - Roseanne Barr

Lol, I did it unaware. I was just thinking of some sparring I did with boy colleagues and realised if any of this was an actual fight, I'd be done. Thought myself immortal till that point.

Hey, since you’ve been sparring already, if you can remain somewhat calm & remember your training, just punch him in the throat. Game over.

Same for a smaller male vs. a 300 pounder. If the 300 pounder is a grappler however, tough to beat that, though still not entirely impossible.

I was just thinking of some sparring I did with boy colleagues and realised if any of this was an actual fight, I'd be done. Thought myself immortal till that point.

Around about 11 years ago, when I had had 2 fights in Thai boxing, I was holding pads now and again with an Eastern European girl in my club who was muscular. She and I were pretty much the same height and weight, and my maleness didn't really make a difference. This girl could fight hard.

So anyway, after sparring with her a few times, I realised that she was a hard hitter and that she had no qualms about hitting me hard when we were sparring. So one day she hit me hard once, then a second time, and so I was thinking... 'She's gonna knock me down if this continues'. So I hit her hard once and rocked her just a little bit, she paused for a few seconds. The man nearest to us came over and looked at me like I had just slapped a baby in an incubator and said 'That's a girl'. I should have replied 'Yeah but she hits like a man', but I just kept my mouth shut.

About a week or so later, I was holding pads for her, and she deliberately kicked me in the face. Bare shin across my cheek. It wasn't an accident. Even the owner of the gym knew she'd done it on purpose.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET

I bet you have one hell of a lethal kick with those legs tho

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    so if a 5'2 300lb chub bucket who spends his days eating ding dongs playing video games in moms basement and never trained in his life were to hit me forgive me for thinking i'd probably clear my schedule and beat him skinny

I swear, Tyson Fury did not like he was throwing hard punches yesterday. But, he kept dropping Wilder. I was surprised when he went down.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I swear, Tyson Fury did not like he was throwing hard punches yesterday. But, he kept dropping Wilder. I was surprised when he went down.
    That extra 16 pounds he put on made a hell of a difference, he didn’t look slower at all. Was a great fight even if that limey bastard won

Nice to see boxing gaining some relevance again. The UFC has done its best to make people forget about what a great sport boxing is. Grew up watching Hearns and Haggler, Sugar Ray, Tyson. Listened to my Dad talk about Ali and Foreman and my grand pa talking about Louis and Liston.

Only 300+ pounder I enjoyed watching was Butter Bean, his moment in the sun was short, but sweet.
    Proximal and The road like this.

Same here except saw Ali. I always recall wanting the other guys to win because of all of his talking. That never happened though cause he was GOOD.

Loved Hearns and man, watching Tyson emerging was incredible. He had so much rage. Listening to his post-fight talks was the greatest. Seeing him fail how he did really crushed me.

Last night was great for boxing, agreed.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Was it worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    F=MA

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    Remember when Tyson told that reporter he was going to Eat her baby? Classic Mike!
    Same here except saw Ali. I always recall wanting the other guys to win because of all of his talking. That never happened though cause he was GOOD.

Loved Hearns and man, watching Tyson emerging was incredible. He had so much rage. Listening to his post-fight talks was the greatest. Seeing him fail how he did really crushed me.

Last night was great for boxing, agreed.
    Proximal likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Remember when Tyson told that reporter he was going to Eat her baby? Classic Mike!
    He did start to take it to another level unfortunately. I think anyone can get caught up in their own persona. I think it lead to his downfall and it was painful to watch.

It was hard to watch him fumbling for his mouth guard against Buster Douglas. I’m not going to say that I cried, but it hurt a lot.
    BG likes this.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I’ve never gotten KO’d then again I’ve barely even been hit. I don’t look for fights but I’ve finished a few my right hand has a 100% knockout rate in the 10-12 times I’ve ever thrown it. Hurting people is not my thing though. These days people are too willing to pull out a knife or gun so there’s no point.
    The road likes this.

BG
    It was hard to watch him fumbling for his mouth guard against Buster Douglas. I’m not going to say that I cried, but it hurt a lot.
    For sure, that was tough, sad but thankfully it all turned out good. Who knew he just needed lots of weed to smoke
    The road and Proximal like this.

Diver0 is offline New Member
    means nothing ,,a good example,, i had a buddy when we were teens who was 6ft5 and 230lbs,, he bet me he could toss a ball further then i due to his size,, i called bullshit ,, hes pretty uncoordinated so i went on to prove my point that (IF) that 300lbs guy has his shit together and knows how to toss his knuckles around then size means alot..lol
    bottom line make sure ur ziggin and zaggin when u need to with the big ones ...lmao

DROY is offline Associate Member
    I am ex military, was a bouncer for two years, hockey player/scrapper, 220 lbs, well muscled. In my gym there is a small chinese or korean girl, maybe 100lbs soaking wet. She comes in and works on the heavy bag for an hour kicking and punching. I can tell you right now I wouldn't want to have anything to do with her in a fight...super fast and and outstanding impact on the bag, excellent weight transfer...you can hear the contact over the music and gym noise...that deep contact sound of a heavy impact...
    Proximal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DROY View Post
    I am ex military, was a bouncer for two years, hockey player/scrapper, 220 lbs, well muscled. In my gym there is a small chinese or korean girl, maybe 100lbs soaking wet. She comes in and works on the heavy bag for an hour kicking and punching. I can tell you right now I wouldn't want to have anything to do with her in a fight...super fast and and outstanding impact on the bag, excellent weight transfer...you can hear the contact over the music and gym noise...that deep contact sound of a heavy impact...
    Tell her I'll fight her

DROY is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Cameron View Post
    Tell her I'll fight her
    Good luck with that...lol If I could get a hold of her no problem...but she would probably break my ribs or something else while I was getting ready...lol And she barely works up a sweat while doing this for an hour...

Thread Information