Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: It’s Just A Mask

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I’m still wearing the mask when venture out in general population.

So now I’m a sheep according to some. I’m curious as to where in Bible it says someone on earth is separating the sheep from goats? I’ll have to ask.
    I spent all day today covering a covid case at work. The person had symptoms over the weekend. We have to trace the last two days of who he was in contact with, how long, what areas he went to, who else needs to be quarantined, symptoms, camera footage review, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

So now I’m a sheep according to some. I’m curious as to where in Bible it says someone on earth is separating the sheep from goats? I’ll have to ask.
    It's a parable in Matthew 25, GGR. Don't recall the exact verses, bit towards the end of the chapter, I believe.

If it makes you feel any better, I wear one @ work because it's a requirement, but I voluntarily wear one when going to the store, pharmacy, etc. I don't wear one @ the open air farmers market at the closest small town or at home.

I don't like having to wear one because w/ the heat and humidity inside the mask, it's a virtual petri dish. On the other hand, if there's a small chance that wearing a mask may help prevent pass something baking to the elderly or those w/ compromised immunity systems, I'll take the time to put on a mask.

Edit: If you're a sheep because you wear a mask, at least you're a pretty ewe, I'd probably just be an old nasty billy goat.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-20-2020 at 04:50 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    see above in red...

Additionally...
    I think it is very sad that this whole thing has gotten so politicized.

The entire world has sucessfully repressed the virus except who?
    The US, Brazil, Mexico, and some nations in Africa. (By no means is this a complete list... but you get the gist.)

If we would all wear masks we could avoid shutdown and return to normal sooner.

It has worked everywhere where they have done it.

Please don't get influenced by a video of a man dressed up like the joker.
    In Norway we had heavy restrictions too. Schools, gyms, borders etc etc.
    But noone used masks. It never was a topic from the government.
    Now Norway is pretty clean. Last ive heard there were only a handfull who needed intensive care. We r just 5 million people though.
    And in my town only 3 deaths. And they were all very sick from the beginning and old.
    But again, never seen no masks around here.

Sent fra min BLA-L29 via Tapatalk
    GirlyGymRat likes this.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    It's a parable in Matthew 25, GGR. Don't recall the exact verses, bit towards the end of the chapter, I believe.

If it makes you feel any better, I wear one @ work because it's a requirement, but I voluntarily wear one when going to the store, pharmacy, etc. I don't wear one @ the open air farmers market at the closest small town or at home.

I don't like having to wear one because w/ the heat and humidity inside the mask, it's a virtual petri dish. On the other hand, if there's a small chance that wearing a mask may help prevent pass something baking to the elderly or those w/ compromised immunity systems, I'll take the time to put on a mask.

Edit: If you're a sheep because you wear a mask, at least you're a pretty ewe, I'd probably just be an old nasty billy goat.

So my sheep namer is herd immunity proponent and calling me weak because I am wearing a mask. Don’t care.

Matthew 25:31-46 Is the verse and the sheep live. Goats don’t. Happy to be a sheep!!

He’s just amped up on mask controversy and not wearing a mask at work. Of course he doesn’t need to wear a mask at work!!! He works outside!!!

People are funny.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!

It's on page 33.

Where I live, it's pretty much mandated that we have to wear these muzzles in public. And really, I'm too fond of people anyways, so I stay at home. Actually ordering delivery on my groceries isn't so bad. If I wasn't so cheap, I would've started doing this years ago.
    GirlyGymRat and almostgone like this.

BOPJohnDoe is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Just shows how stupid most of the people in the US really are. I honestly didn't think we were this bad. At this point we cant blame the Gov, WHO or anyone else. Its on those who refuse to wear mask.
    spot on.
    GirlyGymRat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I spent all day today covering a covid case at work. The person had symptoms over the weekend. We have to trace the last two days of who he was in contact with, how long, what areas he went to, who else needs to be quarantined, symptoms, camera footage review, etc.

Hope that ends well!

I’m not fan of tracking apps. Job security??

Quote Originally Posted by AR's King Silabolin View Post
    In Norway we had heavy restrictions too. Schools, gyms, borders etc etc.
    But noone used masks. It never was a topic from the government.
    Now Norway is pretty clean. Last ive heard there were only a handfull who needed intensive care. We r just 5 million people though.
    And in my town only 3 deaths. And they were all very sick from the beginning and old.
    But again, never seen no masks around here.

Sent fra min BLA-L29 via Tapatalk
    good news!

Country data is interesting....lots more variables and research to understand the why!

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    It's on page 33.

Where I live, it's pretty much mandated that we have to wear these muzzles in public. And really, I'm too fond of people anyways, so I stay at home. Actually ordering delivery on my groceries isn't so bad. If I wasn't so cheap, I would've started doing this years ago.
    Lol 33

Needed to order moms groceries. her diet has deteriorated!

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    And yet no one worries about influenza

Could just be us midwesterners just dont give a shit or worry about alot of things going on in the big cities.

And yes I've had 3 friends get covid and I've been exposed before so we do have the virus out in the sticks
    Last edited by diesel101; 07-20-2020 at 09:14 PM.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post

Could just be us midwesterners just dont give a shit or worry about alot of things going on in the big cities.

And yes I've had 3 friends get covid and I've been exposed before so we do have the virus out in the sticks
    Its super close to me now, at first I was hearing people at work getting it.....now today they are telling us 2 have died from it. We have around 3000 people working, they say atleast 500 have tested positive.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    The worst flu season in the last 10 years killed 61,000 in the US.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...20since%202010.

Covid-19 has already killed over 140,000 in the US in just 6 months.
    And that is with shutting the economy down and mandating masks.

Without a shutdown and masks it was projected to kill up to 2 million Americans.
    Let's just say that 500,000 would've died in a year without a shutdown.
    That would make it over 8 times more harmful than the worst flu season in the last 10 years.

That is why people worry more about Covid than they do the flu.

People can also get vaccines against the flu. (Although many don't due to fear of science or mistrust of authority.)

I also think the less densely populated areas are safer than more densely populated areas so that is why certain areas of the US care less.

Without a shutdown and masks it was projected to kill up to 2 million Americans.
    That would make it over 8 times more harmful than the worst flu season in the last 10 years.

People can also get vaccines against the flu. (Although many don't due to fear of science or mistrust of authority.)

I also think the less densely populated areas are safer than more densely populated areas so that is why certain areas of the US care less

Yes sir, I live in a very rural area w/ low confirmed cases, but I work in one of the top hotspots of SC. Out of the cases I'm familiar with at work, all except one live in very densely populated area, the other case lives rural, but has recently returned from the beach.

I pretty much mask up before getting bout of my truck @ work and do my utmost to follow best practices even though my employer basically jumps through hoops to keep us safe.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member

I also think the less densely populated areas are safer than more densely populated areas so that is why certain areas of the US care less.

And this should be the end of the discussion regarding the seriousness or reality of Covid. Unfortunately stupidity is real and some people wear ignorance like a badge of honor.

Yes sir, I live in a very rural area w/ low confirmed cases, but I work in one of the top hotspots of SC. Out of the cases I'm familiar with at work, all except one live in very densely populated area, the other case lives rural, but has recently returned from the beach.

I pretty much mask up before getting bout of my truck @ work and do my utmost to follow best practices even though my employer basically jumps through hoops to keep us safe.
    I just had an employee that came down with the symptoms. The amount of time and effort was incredible to follow the CDC guidelines. Tracing back two days has its challenges and then determining who was in close contact ( less than 6 ft distancing for greater than 15 minutes).
    You meet with someone 3-4 times for 3-5 minutes.
    If you met 3 times for three minutes then your good. If you met 3 times for 5 minutes now you are at the threshold. 7 directors spent about 2 hours on this case, not even talking about the managers time. I finished at 8 pm last night. Tried to work out but phone calls every 10 minutes does not allow for much.
    This doesn’t even talk about the sanitizing of the areas the person was in the last week.

We spend $16k a week to have out temperature checked.

I just had an employee that came down with the symptoms. The amount of time and effort was incredible to follow the CDC guidelines. Tracing back two days has its challenges and then determining who was in close contact ( less than 6 ft distancing for greater than 15 minutes).
    You meet with someone 3-4 times for 3-5 minutes.
    If you met 3 times for three minutes then your good. If you met 3 times for 5 minutes now you are at the threshold. 7 directors spent about 2 hours on this case, not even talking about the managers time. I finished at 8 pm last night. Tried to work out but phone calls every 10 minutes does not allow for much.
    This doesn’t even talk about the sanitizing of the areas the person was in the last week.

We spend $16k a week to have out temperature checked.

Yes sir, I don't know if the government will subsidize the cost, but where I am, when the whole facility is working the headcount is well over 1,700. By the time you figure in beginning of shift screenings, the staggering of shift startups, masks, audits for compliance, tracing of affected employees, etc., the cost has to be ridiculously high, but necessary.

Yes sir, I don't know if the government will subsidize the cost, but where I am, when the whole facility is working the headcount is well over 1,700. By the time you figure in beginning of shift screenings, the staggering of shift startups, masks, audits for compliance, tracing of affected employees, etc., the cost has to be ridiculously high, but necessary.
    Consumers will bare most. Paying more for services and surcharges for COVID-19. I’m ok with this approach.

Feel awful for small business owners who lost it all!!
    almostgone likes this.

Of course the government will. We do work for them which is the reason we are considered essential.
    NASA, US government contracts, etc. LOL

almostgone likes this.

My nurse friends are huge proponents of masks. HuGE! There’s people saying all we have to do is everyone wear masks for 4 weeks and the virus will be gone.

I don’t believe it!
    Theoretically, this is true.

A virus needs a host to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Theoretically, this is true.

A virus needs a host to survive.
    True, but CDC does not agree that wearing a mask wil stop it dead in its tracks.

Everyone is so worried about a mask. Did you ever stop to think about the fruit and veggies in the store??
    Wide open and people selecting and touching them. Are you going to sanitize them???

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member

The problem is your comparing corona to the flu now. The propper comparison would be the spanish flu. That is the first known flu, this is the first outbreak of covid 19. This is not even close to the spanish flu. We have had 100 years to adapt and work on a cure or vaccine there still isnt one. Just like there wont be a covid 19 cure or vaccine. Covid 19 will become just like flu.

True, but CDC does not agree that wearing a mask wil stop it dead in its tracks.

Everyone is so worried about a mask. Did you ever stop to think about the fruit and veggies in the store??
    Wide open and people selecting and touching them. Are you going to sanitize them???

You’re right. Masks help but don’t stop transmission completely. Maybe if everyone stayed at home for a whole month, that would be a better solution, though not realistic. All it takes is one person to cause the same thing to happen again.

given protocol for COVID-19 as venture into the work world.

Daily Monitoring temp for access, contact tracing, masks, gloves for shared equipment and daily cleaning supplies, wash wash wash hands and sanitizer. Restricted movement and confined to cells. Told to stay in my room after work and all weekend. Order carryout.

Draconian!!!

given protocol for COVID-19 as venture into the work world.

Daily Monitoring temp for access, contact tracing, masks, gloves for shared equipment and daily cleaning supplies, wash wash wash hands and sanitizer. Restricted movement and confined to cells. Told to stay in my room after work and all weekend. Order carryout.

Draconian!!!
    Welcome to the New World! LOL

There’s more!!! It’s an evolving plan...reporting today for screening and everyone is being tested mid week...tested!!! Can’t wait for Q tip to scratch the brain.

going to ask if they want to run antibody test too. 99% certain had February...no sense of taste, chest congestion, extreme fatigue and lost 21 lbs in 3 weeks. I even took off work!

There’s more!!! It’s an evolving plan...reporting today for screening and everyone is being tested mid week...tested!!! Can’t wait for Q tip to scratch the brain.

going to ask if they want to run antibody test too. 99% certain had February...no sense of taste, chest congestion, extreme fatigue and lost 21 lbs in 3 weeks. I even took off work!
    I didn't know they swabbed anywhere near that far, I thought it was at the entry of the nose. Ugh, put me down for a no unless you get me drunk first!

I didn't know they swabbed anywhere near that far, I thought it was at the entry of the nose. Ugh, put me down for a no unless you get me drunk first!
    Tested today at entry of nose! Easy peasy!

there are different test methods!

First asymptotic covid positive! we are told to lockdown, clean and shelter in place. No entry or exit from location until elaborate waypoint database identified contact personnel...then series of interviews and slowly cleared personnel. 7 personnel in quarantine. Bam!

I actually had the test from the back of the throat. You Gag a little but no biggie

You Gag a little but no biggie.
    This quote is one very serious lay up.

Where is Kelkel whne you need him?

First asymptotic covid positive! we are told to lockdown, clean and shelter in place. No entry or exit from location until elaborate waypoint database identified contact personnel...then series of interviews and slowly cleared personnel. 7 personnel in quarantine. Bam!
    I wish you a speedy recovery.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    I actually had the test from the back of the throat. You Gag a little but no biggie

We all know with your lifestyle you don’t have a gag reflex. That’s why you are so popular in Mexico.
    Mooseman33 likes this.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    gone are the donkey shows, its charger shows now..
    Capebuffalo likes this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    gone are the donkey shows, its charger shows now..
    Kelly, and The Sexy Stud!
    Mooseman33 and GirlyGymRat like this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This quote is one very serious lay up.

Where is Kelkel whne you need him?

It took all of the discipline I had to stay away...

#layup
    GirlyGymRat likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Didn’t want to start a new thread but can’t help but feel for the hypocrisy surrounding “essential” and “nonessential” businesses. This guy deserves a fucking medal and really highlights the massive discrepancies that exist. Think Home Depot is any more “essential” than the local gym? Or do they just have bigger pockets?

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...ovid-19-police
    GirlyGymRat and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Didn’t want to start a new thread but can’t help but feel for the hypocrisy surrounding “essential” and “nonessential” businesses. This guy deserves a fucking medal and really highlights the massive discrepancies that exist. Think Home Depot is any more “essential” than the local gym? Or do they just have bigger pockets?

My hometown paper.
    The problem that local gyms have are the stupid people that feel the need to post packed gyms and no one with a mask on social media.
    Do you really need a pic that bad???
    Just let me fucking workout and leave your cameras at home.

almostgone likes this.

I wish you a speedy recovery.
    Oh no!! I wasn’t the positive covid. Someone else at my current work site tested positive but asymptomatic! This person was in my bubble, a term being used to identify a location and access point to work.

My test results came in today I’m NEGATIVE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post

So arbitrary!!! It seems small business owners are a target. Damn shame!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    I’ve had 2 uncles and numerous friends have it, all good. It has a 99.7% survival rate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information