Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Wild rabbits at local park -- Disposable Pet

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    All I ever said was that I would catch a rabbit in a humane trap, and then maybe play with it for a while and let it go, or perhaps dye it a mad colour (with non-toxic dye) and let it go, or maybe kill it to eat it.

It was pretty much all Honkey Kong that threw a hissy fit and made false accusations of torture. I think steroid users with diminished intelligence just latched onto the negativity.
    And there is no trauma in being trapped and “played with” and dyed another color, if all the animal knows is being free?

I’m not a tree hugger & I am not a vegetarian by any means, but is what you are doing even legal?

On a lighter note, watch either of “The Planet of the Apes” movies. Then ask yourself if you would want to be Charlton Heston or Mark Wahlburg , lol. Although that chick in the Wahlburg movie that never spoke was pretty smoking hot. Trying to keep it light FK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wild rabbits at local park -- Disposable Pet-93a615c7-2c81-41cd-94dd-6675dabd5909.jpeg  
    Last edited by wango; 07-15-2021 at 11:18 AM.
    DinAZ and XnavyHMCS like this.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    And there is no trauma in being trapped and “played with” and dyed another color, if all the animal knows is being free?

I’m not a tree hugger & I am not a vegetarian by any means, but is what you are doing even legal?
    If you place a rabbit in front of a mirror, at no point will that rabbit realise that it is looking at itself. Rabbits are not self-aware. No two human minds are identical, however I think most people have ideas about out what it is to be free, and what it is to be in control of one's own life. When people think about how a wild animal is free, really what they are tapping into is their own psychological ideas of freedom. Wild rabbits don't know they're wild, and pet rabbits do not know that they are pets. Their thoughts and motivations are far more simple than a human's. A rabbit does not hit puberty and then struggle with the ideas of its purpose in the world and how it sees itself (i.e. its identity).

When a bird builds its nest in the roof space of a building (instead of a tree), it doesn't consider itself to be domesticated. A bird does not consider a tree to be wild, and a building to be man-made. I think the people who are most adverse to an animal being taking out of the wild, are the people who are most afraid of their own freedom being taken away from them.

Animals do not have a concept of freedom as we do.

I do think though that animals experience emotions as we do though; I think that they can be happy, sad, anxious, excited.

When I caught my squirrel last week, I reckon his first emotion was surprise that the door closed behind him. Then maybe alarm and panic as he tried to find a way out, perhaps feelings of vulnerability if a fox were to come along.

Anyway I've no qualms about trapping animals.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    I just so want you to go away.

Please dont go away mad, just go the fuck away.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    I just so want you to go away.

Please dont go away mad, just go the fuck away.
    Psyche wards used to keep people like him locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Psyche wards used to keep people like him locked up.
    They were called lunatic asylums back them. Things have progressed a little since then but admittedly the USA is still a developing country.

They were called lunatic asylums back them. Things have progressed a little since then but admittedly the USA is still a developing country.
    Dude, talk to a therapist about your desire to capture and torture animals. See what they will tell you.

Dude, talk to a therapist about your desire to capture and torture animals. See what they will tell you.
    Any therapist or psychiatrist that queries me about my inner most deepest sadistic tendencies will only be able to judge me in line with their own ideas (and specifically, in line with what they've been taught) as to how a human should think and behave.

These ideals of an 'average person' or a 'sane person' don't apply to me.

I'm still bemused (previously I was a amused) that you think trapping a wild animal in a non-injurious trap is tantamount to torture.

I'm just reaching here... but by any chance did your parents keep you in a cage?

Any therapist or psychiatrist that queries me about my inner most deepest sadistic tendencies will only be able to judge me in line with their own ideas (and specifically, in line with what they've been taught) as to how a human should think and behave.

These ideals of an 'average person' or a 'sane person' don't apply to me.

I'm still bemused (previously I was a amused) that you think trapping a wild animal in a non-injurious trap is tantamount to torture.

I'm just reaching here... but by any chance did your parents keep you in a cage?
    Right. You refuse a professional opinion, because "they don't know me." Sounds like what a teenage girl says. Enjoy your negative attention.

Right. You refuse a professional opinion, because "they don't know me." Sounds like what a teenage girl says. Enjoy your negative attention.
    I thought you didn’t care for arguments, bickering & wanted to get back to discussing steroids , training & nutrition ?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I thought you didn’t care for arguments, bickering & wanted to get back to discussing steroids , training & nutrition ?
    Sometimes it tough to ignore him fully and not say something.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

And girls.

You're right though, I don't want the arguments. It's impossible not to get triggered sometimes.
    lovbyts, Cylon357 and wango like this.

And girls.

You're right though, I don't want the arguments. It's impossible not to get triggered sometimes.
    You really have to wonder if its all an act (Troll) or if he is really that delusional and psychotic or psychopathic?
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    You really have to wonder if its all an act (Troll) or if he is really that delusional and psychotic or psychopathic?
    Psychiatry and psychology aren't sciences. I realise that people seem to think of them along the same lines of medical science, but using words like 'narcissist' and 'psychopath' doesn't bring you any closer to the human condition.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I used to think he was just trolling, but he's been doing it for so long, I think he really is crazy. If it is all an act though, bravo!
    lovbyts likes this.

Psychiatry and psychology aren't sciences. I realise that people seem to think of them along the same lines of medical science, but using words like 'narcissist' and 'psychopath' doesn't bring you any closer to the human condition.
    If you could observe yourself from a 3rd person POV, what would your opinion be?

IMO most trolls also must have some type of mental disorder or they wouldn't consider it OK to do something like that and like you said doing it for so long really does say something about someones mental state.

I seem to remember him arguing with himself in at least 1 thread if not more. lol

It doesn't take "Science" to realize when someone is nuts or crazy at this point. Yeah some people are trying to convince the rest of us what we know is wrong is actually right in the name of acceptance. Wrong is still wrong.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

If you could observe yourself from a 3rd person POV, what would your opinion be?
    I'd probably try to get my sister to marry that man.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    IMO most trolls also must have some type of mental disorder or they wouldn't consider it OK to do something like that and like you said doing it for so long really does say something about someones mental state.
    Doing alright mentally today. Working from home writing firmware for Linux embedded devices while watching old episodes of Dragons' Den.

I seem to remember him arguing with himself in at least 1 thread if not more. lol
    It is an admirable ability for a person to be able to recognise when they are torn, and to try untangle their internal conflict. It's worse when you try to deny that you've two simultaneously conflicting opinions about something.

It doesn't take "Science" to realize when someone is nuts or crazy at this point. Yeah some people are trying to convince the rest of us what we know is wrong is actually right in the name of acceptance. Wrong is still wrong.
    If you're talking about 'wrong' in the sense of harming the environment or harming people, then I'd say wrong is wrong. But if you're using 'wrong' as a synonym for 'strange' -- as a lot of people do nowadays -- then I don't agree.

I was in Germany last weekend getting a taxi to Munich airport, and I asked the Turkish taxi driver if there was much crime... he said not in this area, but in other areas he said "it is very strange". Life loses its zest when intrigue is supplanted by suspicion, and when 'strange' is considered something negative.

And girls.

Agreed, we all have our triggers. It’s just nice to be able to voice our opinion about those triggers without the nuisance of censorship
    Last edited by wango; 07-20-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Agreed, we all have our triggers. It’s just nice to be able to voice our opinion about those triggers without the nuisance of censorship
    That's not entirely true, I mean they did tell me to stop posting naked pictures of myself

That's not entirely true, I mean they did tell me to stop posting naked pictures of myself
    The post to HK was regarding another thread and the choice of the word censorship could have been replaced with something else with respect to the point that I was making.

After diving into understanding “Q” and reading about some of the sights that he posted on such as 4 Chan and 8 Chan, etc. (and reading what went on there and was posted) I fully stand behind censorship of certain things being said or written.

I’ve tried to remain civil on this thread, but I honestly feel that you have crossed the line with this topic and would feel if this thread or threads with similar topics be brought up again, they be censored immediately.

Let me put it this way. If I had an 18 y.o. student, even if they were exemplary overall, with no prior history of any issues, and they brought this topic up publicly in class? I would be obligated to immediately contact administration, counseling and our school psychologist. If a law was being broken, our police representative on campus would be involved as well.

How about getting more focused on training, etc? How about an accountability thread?
    lovbyts likes this.

how about just going away.

find the rock u crawled out from under and return.

society, regardless of country does not need you.

After diving into understanding “Q” and reading about some of the sights that he posted on such as 4 Chan and 8 Chan, etc. (and reading what went on there and was posted) I fully stand behind censorship of certain things being said or written.
    I don't know who Q is, I don't know if you're referring to me. If you're referring to me, well I've never posted on 4chan or 8chan.

I’ve tried to remain civil on this thread, but I honestly feel that you have crossed the line with this topic and would feel if this thread or threads with similar topics be brought up again, they be censored immediately.
    You're from America, and I'm from Ireland. Neither of us are from India. Both of us are from countries where the vast majority of people exploit animals for personal gain (i.e. food, clothing, medical research).

I'm talking about catching a wild rabbit in a trap to either keep as a pet, or to play with for a day or two and then let go. I don't know why you're maximising this.

Let me put it this way. If I had an 18 y.o. student, even if they were exemplary overall, with no prior history of any issues, and they brought this topic up publicly in class? I would be obligated to immediately contact administration, counseling and our school psychologist. If a law was being broken, our police representative on campus would be involved as well.
    wango I think you're a nice guy, but I also think that you have a very 'structured' mind. I think you react moreso to "what something sounds like" rather than "what something is". At no point did I say in this thread that I was going to torture an animal -- that piece of information came from Honkey Kong's imagination.

How about getting more focused on training, etc? How about an accountability thread?
    I'm focusing on losing fat right now, I'm eating just 3 meals a day:
    Breakfast - 40g protein shake
    Lunch - 4 chicken drum sticks
    Dinner - beef steak

This thread though is about catching wild animals in a non-injurious trap.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Ok then, it's settled. Kimbo says he meant no harm. Although I strongly dislike the term disposable pet, I am going to take him at his word and am hopefully not disappointed.

Let's all look at how much things have improved since we don't have certain individuals constantly cattle prodding topics or fanning toxic flames.

Sorry I am having to edit my post so much. Still not fully recovered from surgery, so y'all just bear with me.

Can we do that please, guys?
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-21-2021 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Typos....
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

100% big fella.

I got the message and have all the respect in the world for you.

Rest up and feel better.
    almostgone likes this.

Much appreciated, Moose!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I don't know who Q is, I don't know if you're referring to me. If you're referring to me, well I've never posted on 4chan or 8chan.

No, “Q” is another unrelated topic that got rather prominent in the states in recent years. I know you are not “Q” but after witnessing those mentioned sites, I started to question the right of complete freedom of speech.

You're from America, and I'm from Ireland. Neither of us are from India. Both of us are from countries where the vast majority of people exploit animals for personal gain (i.e. food, clothing, medical research).

I am not an animal activist by any means. Yes, we do exploit the hell out of animals & I am as guilty as hell. My eye brows raised when you mentioned painting them. When you released them, they would be more vulnerable to predators & I didn’t think that was cool.

I'm talking about catching a wild rabbit in a trap to either keep as a pet, or to play with for a day or two and then let go. I don't know why you're maximising this.

wango I think you're a nice guy, but I also think that you have a very 'structured' mind. I think you react moreso to "what something sounds like" rather than "what something is". At no point did I say in this thread that I was going to torture an animal -- that piece of information came from Honkey Kong's imagination.

Kimbo, if I thought you were dangerous, psychotic or anything else that others have labeled you here, or if I thought you simply were not a good guy, I wouldn’t bother posting or replying to you. At times we are all goofs, so I don’t like to judge. That said, I did that very thing and stand guilty.

I'm focusing on losing fat right now, I'm eating just 3 meals a day:
    Breakfast - 40g protein shake
    Lunch - 4 chicken drum sticks
    Dinner - beef steak

Awesome, doing the same myself. Good luck. Covid weight gain really got to me I’m afraid, but I am making some progress finally.

This thread though is about catching wild animals in a non-injurious trap.

Touché!

Have a great day Kimbo, always a pleasure.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Ahhhh....
    All this talk of "trapping animals", and I harken back to my misguided youth.

I was about 11 yo, and my parents wouldn't buy me a shotgun. So, somebody I met told me I should start trapping animals (totally legal, albeit inhumane by contemporary standards).

Off I went, as Jeremiah Johnson, on my big outdoor adventure.

I trapped furbearing animals, in steel leghold traps (currently banned, from what I can see, in many States in the US, and throughout the EU), and sold the pelts (furs), throughout my junior and senior hs years. It was great fun, at the time... Retrospectively, I must admit; it was a gruesome, bloody affaire. Clubbing the trapped animals to death with a sawed-off baseball bat (that was the preferred method of neutralization, as this left no holes in the hides), before I reached the age when my parents would buy me my first .22 rifle (and the long gun created problems, as I wasn't running my trapline in Alaska or Montana, where some young kid walking through the neighborhood would draw attention to himself), allowing me to dispatch my prey with the coup de grace. Of course, with water sets (traps set in or near a water source to capture furbearers that make a haven in these surroundings) the quarry would dive into the water, as a natural reaction and quickly succumb to the effects of drowning, saving the trapper the duty of putting him down.

I recall one opossum, which was caught at the beginning of my line, just on the embankment of the railroad tracks. I whacked him, numerous times (for those of you who know, you will concur; this animal is one tough mother fucker) and left him there, as I would recuperate my catch on my return, just before entering the neighborhood. Poor beast was still alive, growling and sneering at his tormenter through the sole eyeball that remained in socket... What my best friend and I were doing at that age and time, sickens me today, at the age of 55 yo...

So, I have a bit of experience, as regards the humanity, or the lack of such, when it comes to trapping... I consider myself, by no means an "expert", but as holds true for my life, "I really did the shit that I am talking about' I ain't talking out my ass".

FK, I didn't take the time to peruse the entire thread, so I don't know where site members have drawn the conclusion/s concerning your alleged psychosis. You certainly come up with some far out shit, I will give you that. I will say, when I posted a thread in the AS Questions and Answers section, regarding the minimal Tren A dosage, you were the only member who commented... I was like, what the fuck... I guess it was a bit of a stupid question, as "minimal" could be just that, and gauged by the user / abuser himself; so, you did contribute something of value... Hell, it takes all types to make the world turn, I guess...

Thanks for the moment here gents. I must say (as I am sure that you are all aware) these boards have been rather dead as of late. I have some ideas for threads concerning the current social climate, but I am sure that the topics are likely to go sideways in a heartbeat and get locked. Well, gone are the days of Obs and the non stop banter...

Ciao
    wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Ok then, it's settled. Kimbo says he meant no harm. Although I strongly dislike the term disposable pet, I am going to take him at his word and am hopefully not disappointed.

Let's all look at how much things have improved since we don't have certain individuals constantly cattle prodding topics or fanning toxic flames.

Sorry I am having to edit my post so much. Still not fully recovered from surgery, so y'all just bear with me.

Can we do that please, guys?
    How did it go? Success?
    almostgone likes this.

How did it go? Success?
    Surgery? We'll see if I get my left arm strength back. Hopefully the nerves will regenerate, but I think it only happens at the rate of ~25mm/ month. I'm up and have been walking a lot to encourage the vertebrae fusion. Have more PT ahead of me.

It will probably be close to a year before I see the optimal results. Theres clearance around the spinal cord now and a lot of the weird sensations on my left arm have diminished....tingling, feeling like water running down my arm, numbness, etc. Dexterity in the left hand still isn't the best but I've been using the heck out of Thera-Putty and making myself pick up small fasteners and things like that.

The relentless pain is much better. I still have some of my 1rst refill of Percocet left and am putting them into the apocalypse stash. Mainly using Robaxin/Methocarbamol ( muscle relaxer) now.

They kind of raped my C-spine. C2-C7 laminectomies. Fusion of C-3, C-4, and C-5 vertebrae. Have some hardware in....titanium support, stainless wires, I think a total of 21 screws including set screws, and a little bone dust. They removed the staples a couple of weeks ago; believe there was 20 or 21 of those. Initial recovery was unpleasant but I'm learning to adjust.

Thanks, H-K!
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-22-2021 at 05:37 PM.
    Honkey_Kong and XnavyHMCS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Ahhhh....
    All this talk of "trapping animals", and I harken back to my misguided youth.

I was about 11 yo, and my parents wouldn't buy me a shotgun. So, somebody I met told me I should start trapping animals (totally legal, albeit inhumane by contemporary standards).

Off I went, as Jeremiah Johnson, on my big outdoor adventure.

I trapped furbearing animals, in steel leghold traps (currently banned, from what I can see, in many States in the US, and throughout the EU), and sold the pelts (furs), throughout my junior and senior hs years. It was great fun, at the time... Retrospectively, I must admit; it was a gruesome, bloody affaire. Clubbing the trapped animals to death with a sawed-off baseball bat (that was the preferred method of neutralization, as this left no holes in the hides), before I reached the age when my parents would buy me my first .22 rifle (and the long gun created problems, as I wasn't running my trapline in Alaska or Montana, where some young kid walking through the neighborhood would draw attention to himself), allowing me to dispatch my prey with the coup de grace. Of course, with water sets (traps set in or near a water source to capture furbearers that make a haven in these surroundings) the quarry would dive into the water, as a natural reaction and quickly succumb to the effects of drowning, saving the trapper the duty of putting him down.

I recall one opossum, which was caught at the beginning of my line, just on the embankment of the railroad tracks. I whacked him, numerous times (for those of you who know, you will concur; this animal is one tough mother fucker) and left him there, as I would recuperate my catch on my return, just before entering the neighborhood. Poor beast was still alive, growling and sneering at his tormenter through the sole eyeball that remained in socket... What my best friend and I were doing at that age and time, sickens me today, at the age of 55 yo...

So, I have a bit of experience, as regards the humanity, or the lack of such, when it comes to trapping... I consider myself, by no means an "expert", but as holds true for my life, "I really did the shit that I am talking about' I ain't talking out my ass".

FK, I didn't take the time to peruse the entire thread, so I don't know where site members have drawn the conclusion/s concerning your alleged psychosis. You certainly come up with some far out shit, I will give you that. I will say, when I posted a thread in the AS Questions and Answers section, regarding the minimal Tren A dosage, you were the only member who commented... I was like, what the fuck... I guess it was a bit of a stupid question, as "minimal" could be just that, and gauged by the user / abuser himself; so, you did contribute something of value... Hell, it takes all types to make the world turn, I guess...

Thanks for the moment here gents. I must say (as I am sure that you are all aware) these boards have been rather dead as of late. I have some ideas for threads concerning the current social climate, but I am sure that the topics are likely to go sideways in a heartbeat and get locked. Well, gone are the days of Obs and the non stop banter...

Ciao
    I recall once in high school, one of my teammates on the basketball team thought a piranha would be a great pet. So, one night he told us he was starving the thing, but just bought a mouse to feed it. Being the dumb-ass teens we were we thought that it would be so cool to watch the piranha feed in a bloody frenzy. Seriously, sick right? I mean, we were good kids, but wtf?

So in the mouse went, and guess what, the piranha wasn’t remotely interested. But we thought eventually it would, so we let that poor mouse thrash away treading water. Yes, we let it drown and only then, I think it hit us.

Not a proud moment in our lives, I’ll never forgive myself.

This Obs guy, I heard that he was a hoot, lol. Come on, topics go sideways here ?
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

I recall once in high school, one of my teammates on the basketball team thought a piranha would be a great pet. So, one night he told us he was starving the thing, but just bought a mouse to feed it. Being the dumb-ass teens we were we thought that it would be so cool to watch the piranha feed in a bloody frenzy. Seriously, sick right? I mean, we were good kids, but wtf?

So in the mouse went, and guess what, the piranha wasn’t remotely interested. But we thought eventually it would, so we let that poor mouse thrash away treading water. Yes, we let it drown and only then, I think it hit us.

Not a proud moment in our lives, I’ll never forgive myself.

This Obs guy, I heard that he was a hoot, lol. Come on, topics go sideways here ?
    I think rodents are more along the line of reptile food.....unless you're really, really, hungry. My recall may be faulty, but I think it's the school mentality of piranha that sets them into a frenzy when they find an appropriate food source/ victim.

Not saying I wouldn't have done the same experiment in my younger years ..
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Surgery? We'll see if I get my left arm strength back. Hopefully the nerves will regenerate, but I think it only happens at the rate of ~25mm/ month. I'm up and have been walking a lot to encourage the vertebrae fusion. Have more PT ahead of me.

It will probably be close to a year before I see the optimal results. Theres clearance around the spinal cord now and a lot of the weird sensations on my left arm have diminished....tingling, feeling like water running down my arm, numbness, etc. Dexterity in the left hand still isn't the best but I've been using the heck out of Thera-Putty and making myself pick up small fasteners and things like that.

The relentless pain is much better. I still have some of my 1rst refill of Percocet left and am putting them into the apocalypse stash. Mainly using Robaxin/Methocarbamol ( muscle relaxer) now.

They kind of raped my C-spine. C2-C7 laminectomies. Fusion of C-3, C-4, and C-5 vertebrae. Have some hardware in....titanium support, stainless wires, I think a total of 21 screws including set screws, and a little bone dust. They removed the staples a couple of weeks ago; believe there was 20 or 21 of those. Initial recovery was unpleasant but I'm learning to adjust.

Thanks, H-K!
    Are you ever going to be able to bend your neck again?
    almostgone likes this.

Are you ever going to be able to bend your neck again?
    Oh definitely. I can bend it now to a degree w/ a rigid cervical collar on. My range of motion side to side almost the same as pre-surgery. Front to back is limited to a degree right now, but it's decent. Now if I'm outside looking for something, I have to slow my pace, because the neck rotation is slower, but that a plus since my eyes aren't quite as sharp compared to my younger years.

Used to be when I turned my neck or rolled my neck when it was tight, it would sound like somebody snapping chicken leg quarters apart.

The 3 fused joints help keep my neck in a proper orientation so I get the full benefit of having clearance around the spinal cord/nerves not being under pressure from the vertebrae.

Back squats may be out of the picture for a long time, but I'll use my leg press and I can also do hacks on my leg press. If needed, I'll make my squat rack a very heavy duty bench setup when I get my strength back. My left arm really decompensated/atrophied from the nerve damage.

It was a very weird drawn out event. The best way I can describe it is to imagine my brain dialed the phone number of my left biceps or left delts to tell them to do work, but the biceps or delts never answered the phone.

I was pretty active when I was in my 20s to early thirties. I think the combination of hectic environment, constantly carrying weight on your head and upper body, and just mileage in general initiated it. Then being on my feet for long periods on a concrete floor constantly looking down at a lathe, mill, grinder, or bent over doing weld repairs, etc. in my later years compounded the issue.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-23-2021 at 04:09 PM.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Oh definitely. I can bend it now to a degree w/ a rigid cervical collar on. My range of motion side to side almost the same as pre-surgery. Front to back is limited to a degree right now, but it's decent. Now if I'm outside looking for something, I have to slow my pace, because the neck rotation is slower, but that a plus since my eyes aren't quite as sharp compared to my younger years.

Used to be when I turned my neck or rolled my neck when it was tight, it would sound like somebody snapping chicken leg quarters apart.

The 3 fused joints help keep my neck in a proper orientation so I get the full benefit of having clearance around the spinal cord/nerves not being under pressure from the vertebrae.

Back squats may be out of the picture for a long time, but I'll use my leg press and I can also do hacks on my leg press. If needed, I'll make my squat rack a very heavy duty bench setup when I get my strength back. My left arm really decompensated/atrophied from the nerve damage.

It was a very weird drawn out event. The best way I can describe it is to imagine my brain dialed the phone number of my left biceps or left delts to tell them to do work, but the biceps or delts never answered the phone.

I was pretty active when I was in my 20s to early thirties. I think the combination of hectic environment, constantly carrying weight on your head and upper body, and just mileage in general initiated it. Then being on my feet for long periods on a concrete follow constantly looking down at a lathe, mill, grinder, or bent over doing weld repairs, etc. in my later years compounded the issue.
    Damn. I'm glad the nerve pain is fading away. So your range of motion is supposed to improve as time goes on?

Is the atrophy reversible now that your nerves aren't still being damaged? And are they going to give you growth hormone to help aid the regeneration?
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

The image is a rough representation of what I had done, but my laminectomies extended a vertebrae further on each end. They cut the spinous process andlaminae out to relieve the pressure it was putting on the nerves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wild rabbits at local park -- Disposable Pet-download.jpeg  
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-22-2021 at 11:03 PM.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Damn. I'm glad the nerve pain is fading away. So your range of motion is supposed to improve as time goes on?

Is the atrophy reversible now that your nerves aren't still being damaged? And are they going to give you growth hormone to help aid the regeneration?
    I was told there's a very good chance I'll get back to roughly 80% strength on my left biceps and delt ( triceps wasn't affected) but don't expect the total improvement until a year or so.
    As my arm strength improves, my ROM will improve. They aren't giving me GH, but I'm....uh....what's the term? Self-medicating. I have enough Serostim on hand to run ~2-3 iu for the next year.

They had an ultrasonic device headed my way to encourage vertabrae fusion, but UPS "oops'ed" it and can't locate it. If it doesn't show soon, I don't know that it will be of any benefit. At my 12 week checkup, I'm going to ask him how he feels about low dosage Anavar , but I'm not holding my breath. However, I can remedy the var situation on my own as well.

Right now it's lots of walking. The cervical collar is really more for protection than support, so walking allows the vertebrae to adapt to bearing the weight of my Charlie Brown head, which encourages the fusion of the 3 vertabrae.

From what I've read and been told multi-level fusion takes a little extra healing vs. single level fusion or a discectomy.

Yes sir, the relief from the pain is a huge blessing!! It had gotten to the point that it was a constant almost blinding/ can't concentrate type of pain.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango
    Yes, we let it drown and only then, I think it hit us.
    There's a few videos on YouTube of piranha tank owners feeding their fish. In one of them they feed a live adult bullfrog. For what it's worth, just now I can think of 4 people from my suicide bereavement group that drowned themselves, so maybe it's not as bad as it's sometimes made out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    I was told there's a very good chance I'll get back to roughly 80% strength on my left biceps and delt ( triceps wasn't affected) but don't expect the total improvement until a year or so.
    As my arm strength improves, my ROM will improve.
    If you have a local leisure centre near you then they probably have a "chair yoga" class on a weekday morning. It's a very easy yoga class where you can sit in a chair if you want -- I've attended it myself before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information