• 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By TheChosen1
  • 2 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 2 Post By warchild
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: RIP Mr Wonderful Paul Orndorff

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!

RIP Mr Wonderful Paul Orndorff

We keep losing them. Even though he was a bad guy, Paul was one of my heroes as a kid (I hated Hulk Hogan).

Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 07-12-2021 at 04:09 PM.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    One of my favs growing up. RIP air, please say hello to the Macho Man for me!
    almostgone and < <Samson> > like this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    RIP. He outlived most guys younger than him in the business. There’s a funny story on YouTube told by Stone Cold Steve Austin about when him, Orndorf, and Ric Rude went hog hunting. I recommend it.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    RIP old bastard - love that video clip too

He really was one of my faves when I first seen wresting - him, Ric Flair & the Macho Man - the Hulkster was always too on it

Made it to 71 - dang good for people in this field, but always too soon

Last time we seen the Macho man in anything was the first spider man

He sounds like me being a trainer - well, what I wish I could say. Lol - shit, thanks to all these new roids, I even look better
    Last edited by < <Samson> >; 07-13-2021 at 08:01 AM.

It’s funny, I have two boys (11 and 7) and they are wrestling freaks. We’ve been to summer slams, Monday night raw and a few other shows. They can’t get enough of it.

But even after all of their fandom for the modern era guys (Roman Reigns, Lesnar, Kingston, Styles) they love the classic 80’s, 90’s and some 2000 wrestlers the most. They sit in the basement and watch all of the classic matches (Hogan vs Andre, Dragon vs Macho Man, Michael’s vs Bret Hart and even the Rock vs Stone Cold). Makes me so proud that they love those guys and Mr Wonderful is included in that group.

I know as a kid I admired those guys so much and it was definitely an inspiration for wanting to have big muscles and have some swag. It’s so cool seeing that those legends all stand the test of time and their bad assness cross multiple generations!

Say what you want about wrestling but those are big strong men doing pretty incredible feats of athleticism!

RIP!

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Ya he was a great villian.

Have you guys watched the show about the Rock becoming president? Crazy all the wrestlers he grew up with.....Uncle Andre the Giant lol.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    It’s funny, I have two boys (11 and 7) and they are wrestling freaks. We’ve been to summer slams, Monday night raw and a few other shows. They can’t get enough of it.

But even after all of their fandom for the modern era guys (Roman Reigns, Lesnar, Kingston, Styles) they love the classic 80’s, 90’s and some 2000 wrestlers the most. They sit in the basement and watch all of the classic matches (Hogan vs Andre, Dragon vs Macho Man, Michael’s vs Bret Hart and even the Rock vs Stone Cold). Makes me so proud that they love those guys and Mr Wonderful is included in that group.

I know as a kid I admired those guys so much and it was definitely an inspiration for wanting to have big muscles and have some swag. It’s so cool seeing that those legends all stand the test of time and their bad assness cross multiple generations!

Say what you want about wrestling but those are big strong men doing pretty incredible feats of athleticism!

RIP!
    WWF in the 1980s was basically a live-action comic book with jacked up super heroes facing super villains. Every boy growing up back then was hooked. And yeah these guys played a role in inspiring me (and an entire generation) to get in to the gym and try to become like them. I remember watching I think Mid-Atlantic back in the 80's where The Warlord and Barbarian took on the Road Warriors in a bench press contest. The Barbarian does 475 without even trying.

I was like 5 or 6, when my dad told me that wrestling wasn't real. It was worse than finding out about Santa.

almostgone and TheChosen1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    RIP old bastard - love that video clip too

He really was one of my faves when I first seen wresting - him, Ric Flair & the Macho Man - the Hulkster was always too on it

Made it to 71 - dang good for people in this field, but always too soon

Last time we seen the Macho man in anything was the first spider man

He sounds like me being a trainer - well, what I wish I could say. Lol - shit, thanks to all these new roids, I even look better
    "I don't know if there's anything that can be done for her or not, if you wanna know the truth. she's so far overweight."
    < <Samson> > and DinAZ like this.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    WWF in the 1980s was basically a live-action comic book with jacked up super heroes facing super villains. Every boy growing up back then was hooked. And yeah these guys played a role in inspiring me (and an entire generation) to get in to the gym and try to become like them. I remember watching I think Mid-Atlantic back in the 80's where The Warlord and Barbarian took on the Road Warriors in a bench press contest. The Barbarian does 475 without even trying.

I was like 5 or 6, when my dad told me that wrestling wasn't real. It was worse than finding out about Santa.
    Watched a good interview w the warlord on YouTube and he talked about his steroid use . It was pretty good. The channel is Hannibal tv if you wanna check it out. Warlord is still alive and looks great.

What do you mean it’s not real??

haha. I mean it's totally real. Only normies would die if somebody picked them up and drove them head first in to the mat.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Hahaha the Rock called it fake when he was a little kid and they all turned and told him never say the "F" word. Then in high school he punched a kid for calling it fake.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

I told my 11 year old…

“Does it look fake when’s he doing a backflip off the 3rd turnbuckle and landing square on top of him”?

He said no

“Well there you go, it’s ain’t fake”!

I told my 11 year old…

“Does it look fake when’s he doing a backflip off the 3rd turnbuckle and landing square on top of him”?

He said no

“Well there you go, it’s ain’t fake”!
    I really think wrestlers should go back on gear. I watched a few minutes of it recently. Watching a bunch of ordinary-looking wimps doing gymnastics floor routines just isn't the same as the wrestling we grew up on and the larger-than-life wrestlers who went out there and beat the shit out of each other.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but it better back then.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Watched a good interview w the warlord on YouTube and he talked about his steroid use. It was pretty good. The channel is Hannibal tv if you wanna check it out. Warlord is still alive and looks great.
    Yeah I saw that. I believe him that they weren't doing crazy cycles back then. Warlord didn't do all the rec drugs like the other guys (that aren't here anymore) did.

I would've never guessed it, but I saw Greg Valentine do one of those "shoot" interviews and admit to being on deca for a good part of his career. He was using it for joint relief.
    warchild likes this.

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    I really think wrestlers should go back on gear. I watched a few minutes of it recently. Watching a bunch of ordinary-looking wimps doing gymnastics floor routines just isn't the same as the wrestling we grew up on and the larger-than-life wrestlers who went out there and beat the shit out of each other.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but it better back then.
    I don't watch much modern wrestling but I loved it as a kid. Ric Boogs/Eric Bugenhagen reminds me of some of the old school guys. Dude is ridiculously strong and I don't think he even goes that heavy on the juice from his look and progress over the years. I don't want to see dudes fighting that bench what I bench I want to see dudes who bench 450 fighting.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    I've been following the career of "Mr. #1derful" Paul Orndoff since his time in Mid-South Wrestling.
    Whether he was a heel or face, he was always a funny dude.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Blog Entries
    Just the franchise now is such a joke

Watching these guys/gals - I’m like, they don’t even look entertaining

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just the franchise now is such a joke

Watching these guys/gals - I’m like, they don’t even look entertaining
    Couldn’t agree more. Wrestling back in the day was honestly what got me into weight training to be a bigger guy and now they look like models with some muscle but no charisma or good characters. I don’t even watch anymore but the 80s and 90s were truly the best years for us fans.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Couldn’t agree more. Wrestling back in the day was honestly what got me into weight training to be a bigger guy and now they look like models with some muscle but no charisma or good characters. I don’t even watch anymore but the 80s and 90s were truly the best years for us fans.
    They used to come up with their own promos doing improv. They were their characters 24/7. Now they're just untalented douchebags, reading lines and playing a character on TV. They don't even try to give us a "suspension of disbelief."
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    And, they seriously look like total commoners - like wtf?!

I wanna see monsters to at least pretend to rip one another heads off
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

And, they seriously look like total commoners - like wtf?!

I wanna see monsters to at least pretend to rip one another heads off
    Yeah, nobody cares about two guys that look like they work at Jiffy Lube wrestling. And the ratings today prove it too.

I figure you guys would like this one:

The only person in the world The Barbarian was afraid of was his wife.
    DinAZ and SampsonandDelilah like this.

Thread Information