Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 6 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 4 Post By lovbyts
  • 4 Post By Davi Meireles

Thread: Inbreeding - narrowing down the gene pool

Fluidic Kimbo is online now Morale Officer (de facto)

Inbreeding - narrowing down the gene pool

About a year and a half ago, I bought two juvenile axolotls and I have them in a tank together.

Well it turns out that one was a male and one was a female, and they have bred together several times. I had 5 babies, and 3 of them survived, so now I have 5 axolotls.

I was so excited about successfully breeding animals for the first time in my life, that I messaged the lady I bought the original axolotls off to send a celebratory message. She replied to tell me that I need to separate those two creatures and not let them breed because they're related.

So I have two virile axolotls, one male and one female, and then three inbred axolotls. The three inbred specimens seem fine (but of course they could have deformity in their internal organs).

The three kids are nearly big enough to be put in with the adults. I'm thinking I'll just throw the 5 of them into a nice big tank together and let them all breed like crazy. As one generation goes by, and then a second, and then a third, the specimens with defective genes will die out, leaving just the specimens with good genes.

So I'm gonna start an inbred empire working toward genetic perfection. They only take a year to reach sexual maturity so I could have 8 generations over the next 10 years.

By the way, this has been done before. All of the grey squirrels in Europe are descended from ten specimens that were brought over from New Jersey, so there is very little genetic variation among them. They seem to be getting on fine here though, so presumably the one's with defective genes just died out.

All of my axolotls are either all-white or all-black. One of the kids was yellow and it was my favourite but the fucker died . . . I was attending a writing school that week from 8:30am to 11pm every day and I just couldn't keep up with the water changes.
    stocky121 likes this.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Another bullshit story from Mental Case Kimbo.
    stocky121, Cylon357, Cuz and 3 others like this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Is that how you ended up this way. Sounds like your grandparents did the same experiment with their kids and produced you as results. We all know how well that worked out.

Davi Meireles is offline Associate Member
    I thought I was the guy who posted the most shit on the forum! Hahahaha

Fluidic Kimbo is online now Morale Officer (de facto)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG20231203121725.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	182852

I have begun my empire in a 4-foot 240-litre tank

JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    another quality thread bro...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Inbreeding - narrowing down the gene pool-zdradae.jpg  

Thread Information