• 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By DCI
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 3 Post By Cylon357
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By DCI
  • 1 Post By wango

Thread: Anybody train grip strength here?

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET

Anybody train grip strength here?

Of the few active members left here, the OG’s , the legends…have you ever trained your grip?

Recently bought a cheap set of Chinese grippers or at least i think they are china made brand is called Logest . Anyway had them about three weeks now and bought the captain of crush #3 and holy fuck what a difference in the COC and the china gripper. My best with the #3 is about half a inch from closing it fully after setting it. It basically boils down to the pinky finger and I have a small weak pinky unfortunately fucking genetics but I think within a year ill be closing it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B68266F5-63F3-44F5-8D14-F597BB8BB358.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	422.2 KB 
ID:	182404
    Cylon357 and almostgone like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I used to and plan to again when my left arm is ready for it. The Captains of Crush grippers are awesome!

IMO, John Brookfield is the top guy on grip strength. He lives up in NC and his strength is phenomenal.

Magnus Samuelsson was damn good with the CoC. If I recall correctly, he used to tease Marius P by closing one of the heavier sets without breaking a sweat. He's one the few to close CoC #4
    Here's John B in the link below showing off back in the day.

Last edited by almostgone; 02-26-2023 at 11:00 AM.
    Cuz and songdog like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

If you're really getting into building Brookfield has a few books that I enjoyed reading. Definitely a good addition to your library.
    Cuz likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    My fave way of increasing grip strength is to hang off a bar and stretch out my back and hold my grip as hard as possible for as long as possible always gave me the greatest gains.

I also would do farmers walks in the gym with really heavy dbs which are also really good to keep you're grip strong imo
    Cuz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    My fave way of increasing grip strength is to hang off a bar and stretch out my back and hold my grip as hard as possible for as long as possible always gave me the greatest gains.

I also would do farmers walks in the gym with really heavy dbs which are also really good to keep you're grip strong imo
    There he is! good to see you, DCI!!!
    DCI likes this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Body weight hangs
    Deadlifts without straps
    Static holds like at the top of a deadlift with more than deadlift weight (rack pull sort of)
    Farmers carry
    Shrugs

Basically anything where you have to pick something up to waist height or pull yourself up.

Oh how could I forget the most powerful grip enhancer ever:

Get married. After 10+ years, you will have a grip like a vise.
    almostgone, songdog and Cuz like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I used to and plan to again when my left arm is ready for it. The Captains of Crush grippers are awesome!

IMO, John Brookfield is the top guy on grip strength. He lives up in NC and his strength is phenomenal.

Magnus Samuelsson was damn good with the CoC. If I recall correctly, he used to tease Marius P by closing one of the heavier sets without breaking a sweat. He's one the few to close CoC #4
    Here's John B in the link below showing off back in the day.

Ill have to check him out AG thank you. I figured you would chime in with your widespread knowledge.
    Magnus Samuelson was one of my favorite strong men even tho he only won one time he was in the finals more than anyone ever I think he has some of the strongest biceps too. He is the only man to rep the 4 gripper although there is a 19 yo kid that can close a 4 quite easily so i figure he will break that record soon
    almostgone likes this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    I like these. You can isolate each finger. I can barely do the light one with my little finger. You can also isolate the long finger flexors (move the tips of fingers as well as the mid and base of the fingers, but it’s interesting to see how weak just flexing the finger tips is). And you can use the shorter flexors that only move the mid & base portions.

When I used to play basketball, I would do drills gripping & picking up various sized medicine balls to work on palming the basketball with one hand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody train grip strength here?-634b5e85-4fb1-4bc7-a729-8a2dcafdcae1.jpg  

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you Really want to increase your grip just sign up for a season working on a crab boat. I swear those guys who work on boats pulling rope all day have the strongest grip

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    You could just practice picking up broken dumbbells like in this:

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post

LOL, picking a "blob" is difficult! You have to really be conditioned and have a decent hand width in addition to the hand strength. It's easy to sprain a thumb.
    Cuz and Honkey_Kong like this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    There he is! good to see you, DCI!!!
    Hey man it's been a minute�� lifes been wild but settled down thankfully gonna catch up with the site and logging in regularly
    Cuz and almostgone like this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post

Nothing beats these for basketball (and if you’re a receiver in football). But you need a healthy thumb-little finger spread/span.
    almostgone likes this.

Thread Information