Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ToTheBuckeT21

Thread: Gyno should be covered by insurance "Gender Dysphoria"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member

Gyno should be covered by insurance "Gender Dysphoria"

Apparently more and more insurance companies will be covering surgeries for people suffering for "Gender Dysphoria". So if I'm a man who believes I'm a woman and want to have breast implants insurance will now cover that. But if I'm a man, who identifies as a man who developed breast tissue and now has gynecomastia and would like it removed that is not covered... how does that make any sense at all???

We should put together some type of lawsuit for this. Or I wonder if doctors could start submitting this under "gender dysphoria" to have gyno surgery covered.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah man, it’s bullshit. I don’t understand either. Btw is this really called gender dysphoria or do you mean dysmorphia? I guess both can be used to mean the same thing.

Fluidic Kimbo is online now Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Btw is this really called gender dysphoria or do you mean dysmorphia?
    Unhappiness.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    Unhappiness.
    Yeah, I know. Dysmorphia also causes unhappiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Yeah, I know. Dysmorphia also causes unhappiness.
    What I meant is that people have for thousands of years come up with ways to say "I am not happy". Long after we're all dead and the steroid .com forum is done, people will still use old and new words in new ways to say "I'm unhappy".

Dysmorphia, dysphoria... I'm not denying that these words have a meaning that you can look up in a dictionary. What I am saying though is that if a person revokes their own license to be happy on account of the shape of their body, then the root of the problem is not their body (even though they 100% believe that it is).

I watched a subtitled French movie a few nights ago, "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly", it's about a guy who had a stroke and then for the rest of his life could only communicate by blinking one eye. He was determined to write a book with the blinks of his left eye, and he did, and it was published. The human spirit is durable. It can persevere past bodily injury and misshapenness. If you don't like something about your body then try change it -- I mean I've lost about 22 lbs of fat since July -- but while trying to implement this change, ya gotta be doing something else to address why you were so affected psychologically by something outside your mind. Our emotions and our view of our purpose in the world shouldn't be so delicate. I mean what the fuck are you gonna do when old age really kicks in -- are you gonna be 75 years of age and look in the mirror and think "how pathetic I am for deteriorating like this"?

I'm not trying to downplay the difficulties that other people have in their own personal variety on the human condition -- I'm not saying that gender dysphoria and body dysmorphia are not legitimate psychological maladies, but I don't like to tip-toe around the outer branches and leaves of the tree when we really should be looking at the roots.

Here's a competitive bodybuilder with locked-in syndrome. He communicates by the movement of his eyes:

Seriously fuck off telling me that even though this guy can be happy, other people with other problems can't.

Thread Information