Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wango

Thread: Friend's girlfriend gave me $300 ? ? ?

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)

Exclamation Friend's girlfriend gave me $300 ? ? ?

8 years ago, a friend of mine gave me $100 when I ran out of money.

We're really good friends and we've done all sorts of mad shit together like taking chase from the police on motorbikes, so we frequently talk semi-offensive nonsense back and forth to each other without paying too much attention to the fine details.

So just today he was talking to me about how I owe him $400. He says that 8 years ago, he told his girlfriend (who he still lives with to this day), to give me extra money after he himself gave me $100. His girlfriend says that she remembers meeting up with me and giving me money. She also said that I was hitting on her, like I was flirting with her when I got the money off her.

Well see here's the thing:
    I never met up with his girlfriend, and she never gave me any money.

So now I'm having a very interesting conversation with my friend, telling him that I think his gf kept the money for herself.

I don't think that my friend wants to believe that his gf deceived him. His last msg to me was:
    Man I don’t know if your memory has some issues or you’re missing time or you’re just dodging it even though I wasn’t asking for it it’s kind of annoying me now because I did it in good faith
    We have been sending messages back and forth, and he's now suggesting that I have a conversation over the phone with his girlfriend tomorrow. I said the first thing he should do is ask her two questions:
    (1) Where were you when you gave Thomas the cash?
    (2) What time of day was in when you gave Thomas the cash? Was it early morning, or was it dark in the evening?

I really think he doesn't want to believe that his gf lied to him and kept the money for herself. This happened 8 years ago and he's still living with her.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    If you are SURE it didn't happen, then there is nothing else to say. He should ask the questions of his GF, but he may not. You might also wonder why it is coming up 8 years after the fact...

If you are NOT sure it didn't happen, then maybe put your thinking cap on and listen to what the GF has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    If you are SURE it didn't happen, then there is nothing else to say. He should ask the questions of his GF, but he may not. You might also wonder why it is coming up 8 years after the fact...

If you are NOT sure it didn't happen, then maybe put your thinking cap on and listen to what the GF has to say.
    if you asked me now what did I eat when we went to McDonald's together 8 years ago, I might not be able to tell you. After 8 years, you don't remember the detail like that, like if you had a chicken burger or a beef burger.

But when you run out of money and you've already gotten $100 off one person and then you go on to sell your motorbike to pay for your flight home, you don't forget meeting up with your friend's girlfriend for her to give you cash.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    That's a good example. Use it when you talk to your friend.

You may be right about your friend's reluctance to mistrust his GF. Good luck getting over that hump...

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Question: if the guy is a “good” friend; why has he kept this to himself for 8 years?

When a guys gf or wife is involved, it’s a no-win scenario imo.
    Cylon357 likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Bottom line: Was it a gift or a loan? The 2 are entirely different transactions
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

He doesn't want me to pay him back, he says "I just wanted to help you out, and I'd like to think that someone would help me out if I were in a shit situation".

But now he's disgruntled because I'm denying she gave me money.

She's a little cunt for putting the icing on the cake by saying that I was also hitting on her / flirting with her when she gave me the money. That's Grade A psychological manipulation right there.

It would probably be a relationship-ender for me if I found out that my close friend had to sell his bike to get a plane ticket home because my gf kept the $300 for herself. The person I was 10 years ago would have went hiking in the mountains with her and semi-accidentally have her fall off the cliff.

Thread Information