• 3 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Too-$mall
  • 2 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By Too-$mall

Thread: I'm thinking about moving into an old ammo bunker to save $$$

Too-$mall is offline Member
    Blog Entries

I'm thinking about moving into an old ammo bunker to save $$$

I am thinking about moving into an old ammo bunker in order to save a ton of money and pay my vehicle off more quickly.

it has a steel door i can padlock and its hidden about 120 yards off of a trail that has a lot of other ammo bunkers. the other ammo bunkers near the path are sealed up. the one i found is open and clean inside. right outside the perimeter of this area is a parking lot next to dorms. if i went to and from my bunker in workout clothes people would think i was running the trail. the trai itself is also vehicle accessible, so at night i could drop things off in the bunker. I feel like it's better than living in a storage unit because it's a lot more private. i feel like i could pull this off if i stay really low key about it.

i would obviously put all my stuff into a storage unit. i have an apartment right now and i'm doing fine, but to have no overhead! i'd be raking in doe. my car could be paid off in i lil under a year. I'm only concerned about two things. spider bites, and getting caught. everything else doesn't concern me at all.

ok, so this is obviously a bad idea, but play devil's advocate with me here. lets talk about how this can work and what it would take. please write me your questions.
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 04-07-2022 at 08:11 PM.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    If it involves living on government property/ decommissioned base, I'd make damn sure they knew about it. A LOT of the older portions of posts/bases/forts are contaminated to some degree.

The government has a habit of naming the fee for offenses.... trespassing and otherwise.
    Too-$mall, lovbyts and songdog like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    lol, after some thought i think a Co-OP situation would be best. lol!!!! i was serious too! it sure would be peaceful though. i like simplicity at that level.
    BG likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxx17 View Post
    Moving anywhere is always interesting, but I haven't heard of a bunker at all yet. In any case, wherever you are moving you will need moving companies calgary at https://calgarymoverspro.ca which you can turn to at any time. Will move your stuff as fast as possible, even in a bunker! Lol. I would love to see how you would order a service like that and how surprised they would be at hauling your stuff to that den.
    Whats up kimbo?
    SampsonandDelilah and lovbyts like this.

neriwoods is offline New Member
    Sounds like a well-thought-out strategy. I've moved several times already. I every time expect that the place would be better, cheaper, or more convenient. It's not exactly the case, unfortunately. However, in any case, it is not worse. BTW, in case you'll need movers, I can suggest you https://expomovers.com. The last time I relocated I addressed them and I can say that I was left really satisfied with their service. They were quick, careful and professional. So it was the first time I I was not worried about the moving process.
    Last edited by neriwoods; 08-22-2022 at 11:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    I could honestly give it a try. i am moving out of my apartment at the end of SEP because before the end of this year i'm moving to one of the Carolina's, however. My GF (of 3+ years) told me i could stay with her. Staying with her is plan A. And i have a storage unit... That's plan B. So if the GF kicks me out, or i've gotten sick of her i have plan B-THE BUNKER. The bunker would allow me way more solititude. i really like that concept. MF would be so hot in this weather-miserabley hot. i would get used to it.

in all honesty, i could live in a bunker for years and be happy. just sayin. life is much more fun when it's simplied down to bare bones. i believe in that.
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 08-19-2022 at 06:55 PM.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Too-$mall View Post
    I could honestly give it a try. i am moving out of my apartment at the end of SEP because before the end of this year i'm moving to one of the Carolina's, however. My GF (of 3+ years) told me i could stay with her. Staying with her is plan A. And i have a storage unit... That's plan B. So if the GF kicks me out, or i've gotten sick of her i have plan B-THE BUNKER. The bunker would allow me way more solititude. i really like that concept. MF would be so hot in this weather-miserabley hot. i would get used to it.

in all honesty, i could live in a bunker for years and be happy. just sayin. life is much more fun when it's simplied down to bare bones. i believe in that.
    I think you should do it man. Be different, live in a bunker , prep food and materials, with the money u save u could put that towards food and ammo shit like that. Do it bro

Blog Entries
    lol, this crazy post just keeps getting attention. they already think i'm nuts. this would assure them. i could imagine the reaction if i were to fully dedicate to this. TBH i dont think i'd get into absolutely tons of trouble. probably wouldnt even get caught. in any case, i've got more comfortable options, GFs place, and my storage unit. I'm seriously considering RV sites though. i have a roof top tent on my truck. i wonder how long i could live in a camping type lifestyle. showering at the gym etc. the savings would be sweet. I could pay off my truck super fast.
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 08-20-2022 at 12:56 PM.

neriwoods is offline New Member
    I can only wish you luck!

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by Too-$mall View Post

So if the Bitch kicked you out you will move to Bunker and live free under uncle sam’s roof for free?

Blog Entries
    yea that was the plan!
    it was a great idea. i didn't do it. my life has to many moving parts and my dogs need a backyard. those breasts in your avatar are amazing BTW.

Blog Entries
    i love this thread! mind explaining why your not increasing the value of your house even though you're making improvements? old? you into even minor construction? it's fun. i dont see why your old house has to be shit because it's got some big years on it? how old we talking? and what's so old about it beside that roof. My father owns a small roofing company. roofing isn't hard. you can learn about it on youtube. every valley, every plumbing vent, attic vent, chimney, etc. have a special way they need to be roofed. just buy the materials and do it yourself. tearing a roof off is hard work, but a no brainer. fiber board, felt, shingle, accesories... rent a compressor hose and nail gun. buy a shit ton of nails. chalk line and hooked box cutter with tons of extra blades. all this is easy for me to say because i've done it so many times, but it's not complicated. i'm sure you can google "how to replace my roof."
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 04-03-2023 at 09:47 PM.
    lovbyts likes this.

Thread Information