• 2 Post By JaneDoe
  • 2 Post By wango
  • 2 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By wango
  • 3 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 4 Post By BG
  • 1 Post By charger69

Thread: Do you do better with Cardio Hiit or Liss?

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

Do you do better with Cardio Hiit or Liss?

Cylon357 likes this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I like both. I try to do one or two days of hiit per week, though usually 1. I'm not geared up like some are, but hey who can say what will happen when I add a 19nor to my trt? HIIT is almost always after a weight workout.

Anyhow, I also try to get 3 to 5 days of LISS, though I count walks before and after weights in that as well. In fact, I think I only have one day of dedicated LISS per week on my schedule right now. Some of my LISS can become MISS if I jog for more than 5 minutes at a time, but that's a different issue...

The aerobic exercise I really miss is swimming. I mean swimming laps, not just getting in the hot tub and splashing around. Zero joint stress and hard work... I mean, I have gone so hard before I pissed myself, but in a 100,000 gallon lap pool, nobody notices...

Anyhow with the easing of lock down here, I expect to be getting back in the pool soon
    Test Monsterone, wango and JaneDoe like this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I like both. I try to do one or two days of hiit per week, though usually 1. I'm not geared up like some are, but hey who can say what will happen when I add a 19nor to my trt? HIIT is almost always after a weight workout.

Anyhow, I also try to get 3 to 5 days of LISS, though I count walks before and after weights in that as well. In fact, I think I only have one day of dedicated LISS per week on my schedule right now. Some of my LISS can become MISS if I jog for more than 5 minutes at a time, but that's a different issue...

The aerobic exercise I really miss is swimming. I mean swimming laps, not just getting in the hot tub and splashing around. Zero joint stress and hard work... I mean, I have gone so hard before I pissed myself, but in a 100,000 gallon lap pool, nobody notices...

Anyhow with the easing of lock down here, I expect to be getting back in the pool soon
    I do liss every day 30 minutes walking!
    Cylon357 and wango like this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    LISS agrees better with my joints. That said, I have been going at the elliptical for shorter bouts of time more aggressively and mixing it into my workouts. The elliptical really agrees with my body & I am able to up the intensity comfortably.

That said, just finished a 4 mile nicely paced walk with my wife.
    Cylon357 and JaneDoe like this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Your source of energy is the difference. I personally switched to LISS and got better results prior to a show.
    HIIT will use carbohydrates as your source of energy. Your VO max- oxygen max concentration of 70% or higher will use anaerobic glycolysis. Less than that- similar to LISS- will have a lower VO max and use aerobic energy depletion which would burn fat.

Calories are calories so this will not necessarily effect weight, but it will effect your body composition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by charger69; 05-18-2022 at 04:12 PM.
    JaneDoe and Honkey_Kong like this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Your source of energy is the difference. I personally switched to LISS and got better results prior to a show.
    HIIT will use carbohydrates as your source of energy. Your VO max- oxygen max concentration of 70% or higher will use aerobic glycolysis. Less than that- similar to LISS- will have a lower VO max and use anaerobic energy depletion which would burn fat.

Calories are calories so this will not necessarily effect weight, but it will effect your body composition.

Anaerobic energy depletion happens quickly. In fact unless your muscle cells store an unusually high amount of ATP (varies from person to person) AND can handle the anaerobic glycolysis without shutting down to the acid buildup. Even the far majority of 400 meter champions are aerobic by the end of the 50 second race.

Edit/added: the key is how you personally can maximize beta-oxidation and that is not that consistent from person to person. Thus the debate.
    Last edited by wango; 05-18-2022 at 03:56 PM.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post

I’m doing 7 days a week of MISS. The only cardio I get is when my girlfriend’s over and I HIIT.
    Honkey_Kong, JaneDoe and Cylon357 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Anaerobic energy depletion happens quickly. In fact unless your muscle cells store an unusually high amount of ATP (varies from person to person) AND can handle the anaerobic glycolysis without shutting down to the acid buildup. Even the far majority of 400 meter champions are aerobic by the end of the 50 second race.

Edit/added: the key is how you personally can maximize beta-oxidation and that is not that consistent from person to person. Thus the debate.
    Definitely. The ranges they give to account for personal differences are huge.

JaneDoe likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    It’s HIIT or MISS with me.
    tarmyg, Cylon357, JaneDoe and 1 others like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    It’s HIIT or MISS with me.
    LMAO

BG likes this.

Thread Information