• 1 Post By wango
  • 2 Post By lovbyts
  • 4 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By songdog
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Obs

Thread: Joint Pain

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!

Joint Pain

My joints lately have been killing me. Normally, it's my knees, hips, back and elbows that are the main culprits. But this week, I can add to that my fingers, shoulders, wrists and even my ankles are pretty stiff.

I'm pretty sure it's arthritis catching up with me. The fact that the weather has changed from hot, sunny and dry to hot, overcast and humid hasn't been helping at all.

I'm on deca as part of my HRT and I take Aleve everyday (against doctor's orders), what are some of you older guys doing for relief of your joint pain?

Hot showers help a little. I've tried epsom salt baths too, but they more or less just give me soft skin than help with pain relief.
    Obs likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I'm scripted Voltaren tabs, but I don't think they are less risky than Naproxen.

On the days the pain is really rough, I'll do the hot/cold compresses or use an IR lamp.

The bad thing about widespread pain is it's hard to treat all of it.
    Obs, lovbyts, Honkey_Kong and 1 others like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Retire. I like to do my workouts in the morning. That way after I lunch I can take a nap for an hour and feel refreshed.

Possibly get yourself checked for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I mean now you’ve expanded your list to practically all of your joints being affected. I live where you live, our weather change hasn’t been that drastic. Talk with Obs, many times in the past he said he suffers from RA. Good luck.
    XnavyHMCS and Obs like this.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    1000 mg a day of glucosamine really helped for me when i was having the kind of shoulder pain that interferes training. I still take it every day all year round
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Unfortunately I just suffer and power through…

I’m arthritic as fuck too and the wheels come further off every year, but I’ll rest when I’m in the ground. It’s a sickness really and there isn’t a cure.

Hey, at least it’s not monkey pox
    XnavyHMCS and Booz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I'm scripted Voltaren tabs, but I don't think they are less risky than Naproxen.

On the days the pain is really rough, I'll do the hot/cold compresses or use an IR lamp.

I'm going to have to ask my doctor about that. My nephrologist told me not to take any NSAIDs at all due to my kidney condition (which I ignore and take Aleve anyways, because we all know what it's like living in pain).

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Retire. I like to do my workouts in the morning. That way after I lunch I can take a nap for an hour and feel refreshed.

Possibly get yourself checked for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I mean now you’ve expanded your list to practically all of your joints being affected. I live where you live, our weather change hasn’t been that drastic. Talk with Obs, many times in the past he said he suffers from RA. Good luck.
    I wish it was as easy as that. Even if money wasn't an issue, I don't think I could retire. I should get looked at for RA though. How exactly do they make a diagnosis?

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Unfortunately I just suffer and power through…

I’m arthritic as fuck too and the wheels come further off every year, but I’ll rest when I’m in the ground. It’s a sickness really and there isn’t a cure.

Hey, at least it’s not monkey pox

I've been pushing through the workouts too. I'm not ready to call it quits and I don't think I ever will be. There's got to be something that can be this breakthrough we're all looking for. The deca helped quite a bit for a while, but even that doesn't help much. I'm kind of afraid to see what I'd be like without it though.

At least with the monkey pox, it goes away and you're done with it.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I'm going to have to ask my doctor about that. My nephrologist told me not to take any NSAIDs at all due to my kidney condition (which I ignore and take Aleve anyways, because we all know what it's like living in pain).

I wish it was as easy as that. Even if money wasn't an issue, I don't think I could retire. I should get looked at for RA though. How exactly do they make a diagnosis?

I've been pushing through the workouts too. I'm not ready to call it quits and I don't think I ever will be. There's got to be something that can be this breakthrough we're all looking for. The deca helped quite a bit for a while, but even that doesn't help much. I'm kind of afraid to see what I'd be like without it though.

At least with the monkey pox, it goes away and you're done with it.
    I’ve never had joint relief with Deca, none that I’m aware of anyways. No feelings of improvement over baseline. NSAIDS and glucosamine haven’t helped and the only relief I’ve had has been when I back off the heavy presses. Unfortunately that’s what I enjoy the most so it’s a double edged sword. At some point the juice won’t be worth the squeeze but until then I just silently suffer (I’m my own worst enemy). If you find the answer, I’m all ears. Comes with the territory I think, but ya, it’s not my favorite part of this lifestyle. My fingers have been bothering me the post lately, heavy dumbbells make the scream and hopping gets tough due to inflammation in the knuckles, the struggle is real!
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Here’s some info HK. Good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joint Pain-06f2ddce-4d90-42ff-86c3-b0c19338d46e.jpeg  
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

I can't live without Diclofenac. I went on a cruise without it once. Took 3x my moral amount of hydrocodone and still didn't help.

I use the Diclofenac/Valtoren cream also. It helps a little.

I've had tons of arthritis test tone, all negative. It's fibromyalgie.

Softer the bed the more it hurts when I sleep. Need to keep moving a little or the joints get stiff.
    almostgone and Honkey_Kong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I can't live without Diclofenac. I went on a cruise without it once. Took 3x my moral amount of hydrocodone and still didn't help.

I use the Diclofenac/Valtoren cream also. It helps a little.

I've had tons of arthritis test tone, all negative. It's fibromyalgie.

Softer the bed the more it hurts when I sleep. Need to keep moving a little or the joints get stiff.
    I'm pretty dilapidated myself. Both RA and OA.....some days are so so, some days it's a shit show. Just try to keep on rolling with it.
    Rheumatologist thought a had a bout of PR, but it only happened once. Most definitely wasn't gout. They've got those biologic injections now, but I'm leery of them. I do enough damage to my body as it is.

Soft beds or a worn out mattress is devastation for me as well. I'd rather sleep on the ground as long as it isn't cold.

I've been looking at the Plank ultrafirm mattresses, but the wife is a side sleeper and is going to have a hip replacement at some point. Right now she just gets by on Tylenol and the occasional gummy or two.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    Make sure your RBC's, hemoglobin/hematocrit, are in check also.
    Last edited by -Ender-; 08-12-2022 at 06:37 AM.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    My joints lately have been killing me. Normally, it's my knees, hips, back and elbows that are the main culprits. But this week, I can add to that my fingers, shoulders, wrists and even my ankles are pretty stiff.

I'm pretty sure it's arthritis catching up with me. The fact that the weather has changed from hot, sunny and dry to hot, overcast and humid hasn't been helping at all.

I'm on deca as part of my HRT and I take Aleve everyday (against doctor's orders), what are some of you older guys doing for relief of your joint pain?

Hot showers help a little. I've tried epsom salt baths too, but they more or less just give me soft skin than help with pain relief.
    I take 4 Ibuprofen when I need it seems to work.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    My joints are falling apart. Epsom salt baths don't help me either. I've taken voltaren naproxen ibuprofen Meloxicam tramadol voltaren injections cortisone injections and anymore nothing really works. I think I am gonna start working 2 days on one day off.

I felt better when I was on deca heavy and drinking a butt ton of milk but that may just be before I did the last couple years of damage to myself.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    My joints are falling apart. Epsom salt baths don't help me either. I've taken voltaren naproxen ibuprofen Meloxicam tramadol voltaren injections cortisone injections and anymore nothing really works. I think I am gonna start working 2 days on one day off.

I felt better when I was on deca heavy and drinking a butt ton of milk but that may just be before I did the last couple years of damage to myself.
    Deca and a lot of milk is one of the best old school cycles!
    Obs and Honkey_Kong like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Deca and a lot of milk is one of the best old school cycles!
    Used to drink a gallon a day. It changed my skeletal structure.
    almostgone likes this.

dwiwill is offline New Member
    When my knee already hurts, Diclofenac and Ibuprofen save me when needed. However, I try to avoid taking too much meds, and always check side effects at the Canadian pharmacy website. That's why I always remember about "RICE" rule. Rest, ice, compression, and elevation. That is the better, natural way that my knees need to struggle pain.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-31-2022 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dwiwill View Post
    Diclofenac and Ibuprofen save me when needed.
    I've taken prescription strength ibuprofen pills and it hasn't done anything for me.

When I hurt my back last year, I got a shot of Toradol at the ER. Within minutes that relieved my back pain, but good luck getting an RX to administer it at home.

Ol_Wolf is offline Junior Member
    Home tanning bed tends to help my joints. I live in Michigan so in the winter I barely see sunlight. The tanning bed helps with vitamin D and my overall mood.

wellshii is offline Member
    Ive taken bpc and tb500 with good results.

Read about hgh but I guess thats harder to come by and expensive. My shoulder has been giving me hell and I cant afford more shit
    Plus the company I bought the peptides from last time does have the injectable right now . I actually have An infrared pad on it right now. Lets see if it helps.

Thread Information