• 2 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By wango
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By wango
  • 4 Post By almostgone
  • 4 Post By songdog
  • 2 Post By lovbyts

Thread: Beyond Meat Cookout Veggie Burgers. Any thoughts on this? I list the nutrition label-

NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member

Beyond Meat Cookout Veggie Burgers. Any thoughts on this? I list the nutrition label-

Title: Beyond Meat Cookout Veggie Burgers. Any thoughts on this? I list the nutrition label-

So has anyone tried this?

They taste pretty good (almost like a real burger), and you have to actually cook it (no microwaving), so it's not processed

I think they may use tomatos and some beans in there as they do get bloody

Here's the basics of the nutrition label:

8 servings per container
    (serving size: 1 patty)
    22 grams of total Fat
    0 (zero) Trans fat
    4gs of polyunsaturated fat
    9 grms of monounsaturated fat

and is this may be the most important number: 0 zero Chloresterol

any thoughts on this?

Still healthy?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beyond Meat Cookout Veggie Burgers. Any thoughts on this? I list the nutrition label--beyond-burger-pic-1.jpg   Beyond Meat Cookout Veggie Burgers. Any thoughts on this? I list the nutrition label--beyond-burger-pic-2.jpg  

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuyResearcher View Post
    Title: Beyond Meat Cookout Veggie Burgers. Any thoughts on this? I list the nutrition label-

So has anyone tried this?

They taste pretty good (almost like a real burger), and you have to actually cook it (no microwaving), so it's not processed

I think they may use tomatos and some beans in there as they do get bloody

Here's the basics of the nutrition label:

8 servings per container
    (serving size: 1 patty)
    22 grams of total Fat
    0 (zero) Trans fat
    4gs of polyunsaturated fat
    9 grms of monounsaturated fat

and is this may be the most important number: 0 zero Chloresterol

any thoughts on this?

Still healthy?

Thanks in advance
    This may rely upon soy as the protein source. That might or might not be a problem, depending on which article you believe.

Also, "refined" may be a synonym for "processed" and thus isn't something you want to see in a health food ingredient list

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I prefer what's in the picture below, but it's not processed pseudo- meat.I just don't trust that process yet. It's just the way I'm wired.

Getting ready to sear some leeks and asparagus now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beyond Meat Cookout Veggie Burgers. Any thoughts on this? I list the nutrition label--img_20221126_171810.jpg  
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    This may rely upon soy as the protein source. That might or might not be a problem, depending on which article you believe.

Also, "refined" may be a synonym for "processed" and thus isn't something you want to see in a health food ingredient list
    A lot of my reservations are based on what Cy posted.

What did they do to make the veggies have the meat/beef flavor and texture.

Also, unless you have an issue with out of control lipids, not all fats are necessarily bad. Trans fats/ hydrogenated oils, I try to minimize.

For the people that like it and are satisfied with it, I congratulate them and "More power to them"!

Setting phytoestrogens aise, One more thing concerning soy content is my body just doesn't tolerate soy very well.Soy based shakes? That's an almost immediate trip to the crapper.

Edit: I did try BKs Invisible Whopper or whatever it was and have tried the soy based breakfast sausage. It had the usual result. An instant demand to hit the toilet.
    Last edited by almostgone; 11-26-2022 at 04:55 PM.
    Cylon357 and Honkey_Kong like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Every so often tofu ain’t that horrific, but won’t touch the alternate meat stuff because red meat (preferably rare) & killer seafood just can’t be beat. On a somewhat related note, grilled my first peach over the summer & was shocked how good it was.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I really don't have a problem with vegetarians or vegans (not my thing). What I have a problem with is that they're using this crap right now normalize not eating meat. In fact if you go to restaurants now, a lot of times instead of saying "meat" at restaurants, they're calling it "protein."

As time goes on and this fake meat crap becomes further normalized, it'll have a growing presence at stores and menus until meat is "the alternative." And then eventually, you won't be able to get real meats.

But yeah, if I went to a BBQ and they were only serving this fake shit, I'd probably skip eating and stop at a fast food place on the way home.
    songdog and NiceGuyResearcher like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Every so often tofu ain’t that horrific, but won’t touch the alternate meat stuff because red meat (preferably rare) & killer seafood just can’t be beat. On a somewhat related note, grilled my first peach over the summer & was shocked how good it was.
    That's the weird thing, I can occasionally eat (and enjoy) tofu grilled alone or with steamed veggies on the side and I have no problems. Edamame? I occasionally eat a serving or two.

Maybe it's the methylcellulose they cram in some foods? It's pretty much a disguised laxative.
    NiceGuyResearcher likes this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    That's the weird thing, I can occasionally eat (and enjoy) tofu grilled alone or with steamed veggies on the side and I have no problems. Edamame? I occasionally eat a serving or two.

Maybe it's the methylcellulose they cram in some foods? It's pretty much a disguised laxative.
    I love my Edamame pods that I steam in the microwave. I’d prefer a huge bowl of chips honestly, but those are getting to be a decent replacement.

We found this place close to the Phoenix airport going buy the thousands of positive reviews. The cheddar cheese and pepper grits were life changing & that smoked brisket was the best I had ever eaten ever. We’re buying a small smoker to sit on top of the grill.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beyond Meat Cookout Veggie Burgers. Any thoughts on this? I list the nutrition label--8a9091d7-b50f-47c2-bbc4-10758476d74b.jpeg  

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    I love my Edamame pods that I steam in the microwave. I’d prefer a huge bowl of chips honestly, but those are getting to be a decent replacement.

We found this place close to the Phoenix airport going buy the thousands of positive reviews. The cheddar cheese and pepper grits were life changing & that smoked brisket was the best I had ever eaten ever. We’re buying a small smoker to sit on top of the grill.
    They've got their brisket pretty well nailed! The didn't trim too much fat before smoking ( that's bad manners and loss of pure flavor), color is right, and the bark looks good.

Smoking brisket and take some time, but is well worth it!
    The whole plate looks good, but brisket is one of the BBQ world's "tell-alls" about the skills of the pitmaster. I think beef ribs are the next in line.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Farms are getting to be a thing of the past.You only see the big one's now.I believe they are getting us ready for wat will be in our future.Me personally I love my red meat!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Like I said in another post. If being a vegetarian or vegan is so good why do they try to make everything taste like meat?
    wango and Honkey_Kong like this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Farms are getting to be a thing of the past.You only see the big one's now.I believe they are getting us ready for wat will be in our future.Me personally I love my red meat!
    Thats because like everything else the government wants to control everything. Most small businesses are a thing of the past also. Most are now franchises. Ive been saying for over 20 years we need a big meteor to hit the earth and take out our governments so we can start over.

Thread Information