Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 2 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By Cuz

Thread: Pillow

  1. #1
    Quester's Avatar
    Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    NC Highlands
    Posts
    2,616

    Pillow

    Finding a comfortable pillow is hard.
    -
    Side sleeper here and can't train myself to sleep on my back
    -
    Anybody have suggestions?

    What I've tried: MyPillow (too narrow unless you tie an end with a rubber band but then its more round than thick),
    Gel (Bullshit),
    Flat towels under pillows (not bad but can't put arms under pillow),
    two pillows (they slide off each other),
    two pillows in the same case (rounds the pillow to much),
    neck stretcher connected to door (this feels great but I need a pillow),
    A Log (NO shit, in the USMC I can sleep with a log under my head but if I do that in the sleep number bed I'll get splinters),
    -
    ?
    almostgone likes this.

  2. #2
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Finding a comfortable pillow is hard.
    -
    Side sleeper here and can't train myself to sleep on my back
    -
    Anybody have suggestions?

    What I've tried: MyPillow (too narrow unless you tie an end with a rubber band but then its more round than thick),
    Gel (Bullshit),
    Flat towels under pillows (not bad but can't put arms under pillow),
    two pillows (they slide off each other),
    two pillows in the same case (rounds the pillow to much),
    neck stretcher connected to door (this feels great but I need a pillow),
    A Log (NO shit, in the USMC I can sleep with a log under my head but if I do that in the sleep number bed I'll get splinters),
    -
    ?
    You didn't like MyPillow? I thought it was the best pillow I've ever bought. In fact, as much as I hate Mike Lindell, I can't take away from him that makes good stuff.
    almostgone likes this.

  3. #3
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    7,980
    Bought a tempurpedic pillow one side is gell the other is foam a couple years back. Absolutely hated it but still chose it over the other pillows and weve tried them all.

    I will say after buying a tempurpedic mattress it has finally helped in combination with the pillows I dont know it just seems like it needed to pair with the mattress. Im finally starting to get better sleep. Although its still nothing like it was when i was way lighter

    Just having a bigger back neck and shoulders especially shoulders makes sleeping fucking hard one draw back of being big
    Honkey_Kong and almostgone like this.

  4. #4
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Finding a comfortable pillow is hard.
    -
    Side sleeper here and can't train myself to sleep on my back
    -
    Anybody have suggestions?

    What I've tried: MyPillow (too narrow unless you tie an end with a rubber band but then its more round than thick),
    Gel (Bullshit),
    Flat towels under pillows (not bad but can't put arms under pillow),
    two pillows (they slide off each other),
    two pillows in the same case (rounds the pillow to much),
    neck stretcher connected to door (this feels great but I need a pillow),
    A Log (NO shit, in the USMC I can sleep with a log under my head but if I do that in the sleep number bed I'll get splinters),-
    ?

    I've used a cervical pillow for last couple of years, but recently transitioned to a MyPillow. I did have to adjust it some like Quester mentioned. I pushed all of the filling to one end then applied a "pillow tourniquet" to hold the stuffing in place.




    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Bought a tempurpedic pillow one side is gell the other is foam a couple years back. Absolutely hated it but still chose it over the other pillows and weve tried them all.

    I will say after buying a tempurpedic mattress it has finally helped in combination with the pillows I dont know it just seems like it needed to pair with the mattress. Im finally starting to get better sleep. Although its still nothing like it was when i was way lighter

    Just having a bigger back neck and shoulders especially shoulders makes sleeping fucking hard one draw back of being big
    I like the MyPillow after I tied it off. I agree with you Cuz. Traps and neck are large and then add a Charlie Brown head to the mix and it's a ckusterfvck. When I was a kid I didn't even use a pillow most of the time. Occasionally dId use a flat ass feather pillow, but now I have to have a pillow.
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-27-2023 at 05:12 AM.
    Cuz likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  5. #5
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30,214
    Ive been having neck issue off and on for several years and this last time I just could not get comfortable at all and even my almost flat pillow was uncomfortable.
    I got this one off Amazon about 8 months ago and it has been the most comfortable pillow I have used. Once in a while I will turn it around because one side is slightly contoured different but both feel good.
    Im not a side sleeper because my arms go numb quickly especially on the right side but this has also improved that greatly.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pillow.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	182408

  6. #6
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,001
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Ive been having neck issue off and on for several years and this last time I just could not get comfortable at all and even my almost flat pillow was uncomfortable.
    I got this one off Amazon about 8 months ago and it has been the most comfortable pillow I have used. Once in a while I will turn it around because one side is slightly contoured different but both feel good.
    Im not a side sleeper because my arms go numb quickly especially on the right side but this has also improved that greatly.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pillow.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	182408
    Do you know if they have a version of that pillow with the part past her head missing? It looks like it'd be pretty good, but my feet already hang over the edge of the bed.

    I'm pretty limited in positions I can sleep. If I sleep with my arms bent at the elbows, my pinky, ring and half of my middle finger go numb (happens if I keep my elbows bent for an extended period of time while awake too).
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 02-26-2023 at 11:12 PM.

  7. #7
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30,214
    Its not as big as it looks in the picture, she must be tiny. lol Mine only goes maybe a couple inches past the top of my head and Im not huge, 5' 8". Those pictures make it look almost 2x the normal size.

    Im not usually one to buy or promote odd ball things like this but this works for me and it was less than $40 Thats a lot more than I would normally spend on a pillow but I was getting desperate and had to try something. Im glad I did, its the best Ive used so far.
    Honkey_Kong and almostgone like this.

  8. #8
    Test Monsterone's Avatar
    Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,939
    Wondersleep premium adjustable pillow on Amazon. I get the king. It comes with 2 for $80.

    Guys - I have gone thorough many pillows. This is the only one I buy now. It’s perfect. Honestly so glad I found these. Perfect balance of support and comfort. And they have a tiny zipper that allows you to pull out some of the filling if you want it softer.

  9. #9
    Quester's Avatar
    Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    NC Highlands
    Posts
    2,616
    Thanks everyone. I'm gonna get one of everything because this sucks. I feel like my traps and neck muscles get more of a workout in my sleep, most pillows should be marketed as "sonambul neck machines." You know, for all the improvements with regard to mattresses...
    TBH, I could use a little time in "the darkness."
    almostgone likes this.

  10. #10
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    11,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Odessaholland View Post
    Finding the right pillow can indeed be a challenge, especially for side sleepers. Here are a few suggestions that may help:

    Memory foam pillow: Consider trying a memory foam pillow that contours to the shape of your head and neck, providing support and relieving pressure points. Look for a pillow with a higher loft to maintain proper alignment of your spine.

    Firm or extra-firm pillow: Side sleepers often benefit from a firmer pillow that provides sufficient support and prevents the head from sinking too far into the pillow. Look for pillows labeled as "side sleeper" or "firm" to find suitable options.

    Adjustable pillow: Look for pillows with adjustable fill or inserts that allow you to customize the height and firmness to your preference. This way, you can find the right balance for your specific needs.
    A nice knee pillow helps me sleep. If I'm on my side, it's between my legs at my knee. If I'm sleeping on my back it's on the back of my knees relieving pressure on my back.

  11. #11
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    7,980
    Quote Originally Posted by amyst View Post
    I just got my perfect (super soft) pillow from Bed Bath and Beyond.
    They are going out of business

  12. #12
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    They are going out of business
    Speaking of pillows, I had to drop the MyPillow for right now. Something about the way I've got filll tied with a zip tie has been giving me major grief. So, it's back to the cervical pillow.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  13. #13
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    7,980
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Speaking of pillows, I had to drop the MyPillow for right now. Something about the way I've got filll tied with a zip tie has been giving me major grief. So, it's back to the cervical pillow.
    Man i tell ya I im havin such a shit time getting comfortable these days. Had five pillows last night and was finally comfortable then old hag kept bitching so i had to give one up. Got 2 tempurpedics a bamboo and 2 foam filled ones
    almostgone likes this.

  14. #14
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Man i tell ya I im havin such a shit time getting comfortable these days. Had five pillows last night and was finally comfortable then old hag kept bitching so i had to give one up. Got 2 tempurpedics a bamboo and 2 foam filled ones

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •