• 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By Cuz
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong

Thread: Kept getting worse and worse......

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

Kept getting worse and worse......

DADDYDBOL likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Qualifiers starts in ~ 3 days @ Myrtle Beach.
    songdog likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Bad times.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kept getting worse and worse......-1cb748d8-bc6d-4a44-894b-9e18632272a2.jpeg  

Shaw seems to be really doing well. Lots of solid competitors though and they're all packed up pretty close!

https://barbend.com/2023-worlds-strongest-man-results/

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    He sat on the videos of him in the hospital for a couple months before he showed them. In fact, the videos on his YouTube channel training for this WSM happened after he got out of the hospital.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    He sat on the videos of him in the hospital for a couple months before he showed them. In fact, the videos on his YouTube channel training for this WSM happened after he got out of the hospital.
    I was wondering if that's why the timeline didn't add up.

Looks like he's recovered well. He rocked the loading event, the keg deadlift, and one other event today. Would really like to see him win for his retirement. He's done ton for strength sports and is a virtual walking encyclopedia of strength history.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I was wondering if that's why the timeline didn't add up.

Looks like he's recovered well. He rocked the loading event, the keg deadlift, and one other event today. Would really like to see him win for his retirement. He's done ton for strength sports and is a virtual walking encyclopedia of strength history.
    He looks like he very well could win it. With how he's doing and how he's pacing himself. But even if all he does is makes the finals, it's a still a win.
    almostgone likes this.

He looks like he very well could win it. With how he's doing and how he's pacing himself. But even if all he does is makes the finals, it's a still a win.
    True. I hope he at least makes the podium though. Seems to be one hell of a good guy and has a great family, too.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

True. I hope he at least makes the podium though. Seems to be one hell of a good guy and has a great family, too.
    He's done a lot for Strongman. I was hoping that he, Nick Best and Eddie Hall could give it one more go against one another at a WSM.
    almostgone likes this.

Did you see him do the log presses? He didn't even rest the logs on his chest before he pressed them until like the last one.
    almostgone likes this.

Damn, Mark Felix said this will be his 18th and final WSM competition. He just turned 57.
    That man has one strong back, too.

I saw Nick Best's post on IG recently. He was flying over to SC for the competition/support everyone. He said he's at about 80% after his nephrectomy, so he's doing pretty dang good!
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-20-2023 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Typo.....

Did you see him do the log presses? He didn't even rest the logs on his chest before he pressed them until like the last one.
    He's a freight train, man!!
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Damn, Mark Felix said this will be his 18th and final WSM competition. He just turned 57.
    That man has one string back, too.

I saw Nick Best's post on IG recently. He was flying over to SC for the competition/support everyone. He said he's at about 80% after his nephrectomy, so he's doing pretty dang good!
    I wish him the best (no pun intended). Unfortunately, strongman/powerlifting isn't the best lifestyle on your kidneys and he's got one left now. I hope he does more to preserve his remaining renal function than I did.

He's a freight train, man!!
    The way he's going, I think he has another WSM left in him.
    almostgone likes this.

The way he's going, I think he has another WSM left in him.
    Same here. He's really done some hard work this past off season plus dealt with the leg infection.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

I wish him the best (no pun intended). Unfortunately, strongman/powerlifting isn't the best lifestyle on your kidneys and he's got one left now. I hope he does more to preserve his remaining renal function than I did.
    I think he's going to limit it to PL events instead of full blown strongman. I'm sure that when this happened, his wife and he probably had a serious conversation about future plans.
    You remember she lost her first husband, Jesse Marunde, at a young age. He was a firecracker, too. Extremely agile for his size.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Looks like Shaw and a guy from S. Africa are in the finals. They're both in group 4. Luke and Tom Stoltman are also both in the finals. Stoltman brothers are in Group 1 and Group 2, respectively. Bobby Thompson made third in Group 1, so not a finalist, but pretty damn impressive.

Edit: ....and no disrespect intended to any of the guys I didn't post. Just being eligible for the qualifying heats is ridiculously impressive. I just am not familiar with all of the competitors names this year.
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-20-2023 at 07:08 PM.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Looks like Shaw and a guy from S. Africa are in the finals. They're both in group 4. Luke and Tom Stoltman are also both in the finals. Stoltman brothers are in Group 1 and Group 2, respectively. Bobby Thompson made third in Group 1, so not a finalist, but pretty damn impressive.

Edit: ....and no disrespect intended to any of the guys I didn't post. Just being eligible for the qualifying heats is ridiculously impressive. I just am not familiar with all of the competitors names this year.

Dude Mitchell Hooper is going to be the Brian Shaw of his generation. He's not the biggest guy out there, but holy fvuking shit can he deadlift. He's young too. I expect him to not even hit his prime for another few years and he destroyed the qualifiers. I can't say he's going to be a beast. He's already there. WSM is probably going to end up kicking him out of it to let other guys win it. I think he's going to be that dominant, especially if he puts a little more weight on.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 04-21-2023 at 03:50 AM.
    almostgone likes this.

Dude Mitchell Hooper is going to be the Brian Shaw of his generation. He's not the biggest guy out there, but holy fvuking shit can he deadlift. He's young too. I expect him to not even hit his prime for another few years and he destroyed the qualifiers. I can't say he's going to be a beast. He's already there. WSM is probably going to end up kicking him out of it to let other guys win it. I think he's going to be that dominant, especially if he puts a little more weight on.
    Completely overlooked him, but very impressive deads of 475 kg and an overhead press of 195kg @ 6'3" and 308 lb. is world class in my book!
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Looks like Brian got 6th maybe according to what im seeing on YouTube. One of the greatest strong men of all time what a beast
    Honkey_Kong and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Looks like Brian got 6th maybe according to what im seeing on YouTube. One of the greatest strong men of all time what a beast
    It was a little disappointing to see him get 7th. But he was more interested in having fun with Eddie Hall and interacting with the fans than the was in winning it. And I was watching him train on his YouTube channel going to this. It just seemed like he didn't give it his all and didn't take the event seriously.
    Cuz and almostgone like this.

Thread Information