• 1 Post By XnavyHMCS
  • 1 Post By s1nc1ty
  • 1 Post By s1nc1ty
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 2 Post By Mooseman33

Thread: shark attacks

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member

shark attacks

Have you guys seen these recent shark incidents? One this 18 year old kid Cameron Robbins is on one of those day cruises for teens where they take them out to the bahamas to drink and party and bring them back the same night. Well, he apparently jumps into the water (to impress his friends or girls) where it is believed sharks were present and he just disappears. There is footage of him, it's pretty creepy. You can kind of see him swatting at something, then swimming away from the bouy they threw for him. Then it's like he gets pulled under and he's gone.

Second one is a 23 year old Vladimir Popov. He's in the Red Sea at a resort in Egypt, maybe 40 yards from the shore and a tiger sharks starts mauling him as everyone watches. There's a video. Incredibly tragic. The poor kid yells out for his "pappa." You can see the water turn red as he's repeatedly attacked until the shark takes him under and devours him. The shark ends up staying in that area feeding on his body for 2 hours and the locals trap the shark in a net and bring him to shore. Then, they local fishermen and the kid's dad beat the shark to death. The shark was opened up and they found the kid's body parts in his stomach. I didn't even realize the Red Sea had big sharks like that. I assumed a lot of the seas (mediterranean, adriatic, red sea, etc.) don't have large sharks, but I guess not.

This kind of shit makes me never want to go in the water again. When I was about 13 years old, I was in the Dominican republic with my family and some friends. One windy day they had the red flag up, which means don't go in the water. I didn't see or didn't care and went snorkeling in the shallow water. Maybe 3-4 feet deep. From the surface you can't tell anything is up... in the water there are thousands of schooling fish. On the perimiter are these bigger fish, like 3 feet long. I'm swimming, thinking how cool this is for like 30 min. An hour or so later we booked an excursion on a small glass-bottom boat. Everyone is looking over the edge at the ocean and I'm looking down in the middle where the glass bottom is. This 8-9 foot tiger shark just swims under the boat. Of course, nobody else saw it by the time they turned around. I was like, damn, that mf was probably lurking about and made all those little fish swim close to shore to avoid getting eaten.. and there I was, not even realizing when I was swimming. Anyway, sorry for the long ass post - sharks are fascinating and scary as hell to me. I don't understand how people just go into the open waters like that thinking everything's cool... like there are literal monsters swimming all around them without them even realizing.
    s1nc1ty and XnavyHMCS like this.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Watched the video of the russian guy.. sad. Imagine being him. Being young and in your prime and on vacation suddenly being ripped to death by a shark. The shock of the situation and its finality must be so great that you dont have nothing else to do then scream for your papa and hope he miracolously hears and comes save you. Fuck this shit next time im on vacation im taking a divers knife with me when i go to swim in open water so i can stab the sharks and anyone else who wants to feed on my carcass in the eye.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

That’s a good idea to carry a knife. They also have some type of wearable device that emits a frequency that sharks don’t like. Next time I’m going in the ocean I’m gonna have everything. Sword, machine gun, chain mail armor…

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Diving in kelp, in water that doesn’t have the greatest visibility to start with is some creepy stuff. You’re just waiting for something to jump out at you. Did it twice, ain’t doing it again.

Here’s another cuddly diving buddy . . .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shark attacks-d5bff3c6-f177-400b-b749-ca06b1f34d73.jpg  
    Last edited by wango; 06-17-2023 at 11:37 AM.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Swim by the shore no problem. I’m not living in fear of sharks I love the ocean.
    XnavyHMCS and Honkey_Kong like this.

They should put a net around these resort beaches. I know some do, but not many. Btw apparently shark attacks close to shore are much more likely to be deadly than those in the open. In the open, sharks attacks are usually territorial or they come to check you out. By the shore, if they're attacking, it's cause they're hungry. Many have been killed in just a few feet of water. The shark will drag the body into the ocean. Also guys, don't pee in the ocean either - people have been killed while urinating in the ocean. Shark was like "not in my house, bitch."

JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    the ocean is not the place for humans to be, we are out of our element there.

i do like sharks and find them interesting to watch on tv, but i would not want to get in the water with them. maybe id feel differently if i had some kind of high power semi auto spear gun, but that would be expensive. id rather go hiking in the mountains with my .308 aero M5 knowing that if a predator tried to eat me id fuk it up.

i didnt spend decades in the gym just to be a snack for some animal
    Test Monsterone and XnavyHMCS like this.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    I didn't hear about / see the one attack and disappearance of the high school kid; tragic, to say the least. I read that he jumped into the water on a dare from friends... I guess that most of us guys have been there and done the same thing, minus the fatal consequences.

The young Russian man, he had apparently been "vacationing" in Egypt for upwards of a year (Wish I could afford to live in a resort hotel, as one must assume these were his accommodations, Egypt on land, in the cities, is likely to be way more dangerous than the sea.) with his father and his girlfriend. I read that he was in fact absconding from the Russian recruiting services. Probably was a Ukrainian shark... I would imagine that he didn't feel a lot of pain (perhaps) with the adrenaline rush; but the terror for those fleeting seconds, knowing that you are totally fucked...

I spent some time in Djibouti, at the chokepoint entrance to the Red Sea, and we were told that the area, the sea, was infested with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    I didn't hear about / see the one attack and disappearance of the high school kid; tragic, to say the least. I read that he jumped into the water on a dare from friends... I guess that most of us guys have been there and done the same thing, minus the fatal consequences.

The young Russian man, he had apparently been "vacationing" in Egypt for upwards of a year (Wish I could afford to live in a resort hotel, as one must assume these were his accommodations, Egypt on land, in the cities, is likely to be way more dangerous than the sea.) with his father and his girlfriend. I read that he was in fact absconding from the Russian recruiting services. Probably was a Ukrainian shark... I would imagine that he didn't feel a lot of pain (perhaps) with the adrenaline rush; but the terror for those fleeting seconds, knowing that you are totally fucked...

I spent some time in Djibouti, at the chokepoint entrance to the Red Sea, and we were told that the area, the sea, was infested with sharks.
    Egypt is fucking cheap. My mom and grandma are moving there to live like queens from theyr pension. Here in estonia, you can rent shit apartment for 500 eur per month + 300 heating and electricity etc in the winter. There they got an awesome place there with a pool for 250 a month, no heating needed obviosly. I think average salary is like 200 eur per month there or something so they pretty rich there with european pensions
    Last edited by s1nc1ty; 06-18-2023 at 02:01 AM.
    XnavyHMCS and Test Monsterone like this.

Yes, a lot of my family from Europe vacation in Greece and Egypt because it’s cheaper than their own country. If they go to the Black Sea it will be more expensive and crowded.

Xnavy, I read from someone who was supposedly on that boat that there were kids trying to stop him from jumping. We’ve all done dumb shit trying to impress friends. We just weren’t on a boat in the Bahamas with shark infested waters. The kid was adopted, so what a waste for the family who took him in and raised him.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s1nc1ty View Post
    Egypt is fucking cheap. My mom and grandma are moving there to live like queens from theyr pension. Here in estonia, you can rent shit apartment for 500 eur per month + 300 heating and electricity etc in the winter. There they got an awesome place there with a pool for 250 a month, no heating needed obviosly. I think average salary is like 200 eur per month there or something so they pretty rich there with european pensions
    Wow...!!!???
    I would never have imagined that people would consider retiring in Egypt; again, due to the security risks faced by foreigners.
    wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Wow...!!!???
    I would never have imagined that people would consider retiring in Egypt; again, due to the security risks faced by foreigners.
    Security risks? They 2 old ladies.. nothing to steal from them and noone wants to rape them so theyl be fine i hope. My mom knows some other estonians who live there too. So far noones been killed. Only sharks to worry about
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    They should put a net around these resort beaches. I know some do, but not many. Btw apparently shark attacks close to shore are much more likely to be deadly than those in the open. In the open, sharks attacks are usually territorial or they come to check you out. By the shore, if they're attacking, it's cause they're hungry. Many have been killed in just a few feet of water. The shark will drag the body into the ocean. Also guys, don't pee in the ocean either - people have been killed while urinating in the ocean. Shark was like "not in my house, bitch."
    I wander tho if they got killed while pissing in the ocean. How did the people find out that he was pissing before the shark attacked. Did they collect water samples after? Or maybe he pissed himself when the shark was killing him dead. Seems as good as reason as any to piss your pants
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    And, you got this . Best not leave the house any more . . . .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shark attacks-e51921af-2ed8-467d-a555-b799118474db.jpeg  

Quote Originally Posted by s1nc1ty View Post
    I wander tho if they got killed while pissing in the ocean. How did the people find out that he was pissing before the shark attacked. Did they collect water samples after? Or maybe he pissed himself when the shark was killing him dead. Seems as good as reason as any to piss your pants
    There’s a YouTube channel, Sharks Happen. This is where I got it from. Some Brazilian guy was drunk and told his friends he’s going to pee in the ocean. Other people didn’t get killed but stated they were peeing when the attack went down.
    s1nc1ty likes this.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    fellas I dive very often and am in the ocean weekly.

It is like anything else, play stupid games and win stupid prizes. The kid in The Bahamas was plain fucking stupid. Don't fuck around in the Bahamas waters, bulls and tigers are everywhere.

very rarely do divers get attacked, the beach area is the danger zone. that's where the bait fish run.

getting my 10 year old certified. The ocean is amazing
    XnavyHMCS and lovbyts like this.

Thread Information