• 2 Post By XnavyHMCS
  • 2 Post By Mooseman33
  • 3 Post By Davi Meireles
  • 1 Post By XnavyHMCS
  • 1 Post By Mooseman33

Thread: The war on the red sea

Davi Meireles is offline Associate Member

The war on the red sea

The topic is open! I learned that before the turn of the year an American vessel was after the HUTHIS of Yemen, a radical group supported by the Iranian government. Looks like the weather got warmer that day , I learned that Iran prevented the passage of the American ship for 1 hour by standing face to face and also shortly after that the Iranian government decided to create a naval blockade to prevent it from catching the Huthis.

The Houthis are sinking ships in the Red Sea. Since the start of the conflict between Israel and Hamas in October 2023, the Houthis, an Iranian-backed Yemeni rebel group, have carried out a series of attacks on commercial ships in the Red Sea.

The Houthis' attacks are aimed at pressuring Israel to send aid to Gaza, but they could also have broader consequences. The Red Sea is an important trade route that connects Europe, Asia, and Africa. A blockade of the Red Sea could have a significant impact on global trade, raising the prices of goods and services and harming the global economy.

In addition, the Houthis' attacks could lead to an escalation of violence in the region. The United States and its allies have already responded to the Houthis' attacks, sinking three Houthi boats in December 2023. An escalation of violence in the Red Sea could lead to a wider conflict with unpredictable consequences.

Here are some of the specific consequences that the Houthis' attacks on the Red Sea could bring:

Increase in prices of goods and services: The Red Sea is an important route for transporting oil, natural gas, and other basic commodities. A blockade of the Red Sea could lead to a reduction in the supply of these commodities, which would raise prices.
    Harm to the global economy: Global trade is dependent on the Red Sea. A blockade of the Red Sea could lead to a reduction in trade, which would harm the global economy.
    Escalation of violence in the region: The United States and its allies have already responded to the Houthis' attacks. An escalation of violence in the Red Sea could lead to a wider conflict.
    It is important to note that the consequences of the Houthis' attacks on the Red Sea are not yet fully clear. However, it is clear that these attacks represent a significant threat to global security and the global economy.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    An additional very smart diversion courtesy of Russian funded Iran imo.

Regarding Iran and I never thought I’d say this - nice job ISIS!
    Last edited by wango; 01-04-2024 at 01:06 PM.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davi Meireles View Post
    The Houthis are sinking ships in the Red Sea.
    This is not true. The rebel movement are trying to board or sink some vessels in the Red Sea, but they have yet to be successful. I doubt that their efforts will bear any fruit; they are facing insurmountable odds, on the water and in the air. There is truth in the unofficial US Navy motto: The Sea is Ours

A blockade of the Red Sea could have a significant impact on global trade, raising the prices of goods and services and harming the global economy.
    This is true; if any nation or coalition were to successfully blockade the sea... Good luck. Not only would the aggressive nation/s have the US Navy to contend with, but also our partner forces (as insignificant as they may be in comparison) fleets which would likely join the fray. Iran, as underhandedly aligned as she may be with the Houthis; she lacks sufficient naval assets to confront the USN.

It is important to note that the consequences of the Houthis' attacks on the Red Sea are not yet fully clear. However, it is clear that these attacks represent a significant threat to global security and the global economy.
    I agree with the opening here, but not the closing. I don't believe that the west will let them develop their attacks to the point of igniting a global crisis... Basically; who the fuck are the Houthis...???
    Davi Meireles likes this.

The statement that the Houthis are not sinking ships in the Red Sea is technically correct. The Houthis have attempted to board or sink ships in the Red Sea on several occasions, but they have not yet been successful. However, these attacks represent a significant threat to global security and the global economy.

The United States Navy has a significant presence in the Red Sea, and it is unlikely that the Houthis will be able to sink a ship without facing a military response from the United States. However, even if the Houthis are not able to sink ships, their attacks continue to be a cause for concern.

The Houthis' attacks can increase the cost of maritime transportation, which can lead to higher prices for goods and services. The attacks can also disrupt global trade, which can have a negative impact on the global economy.

It is important to note that the Houthis are not the only threat to security in the Red Sea. The region is also contested by other armed groups, including the Islamic State (IS). IS also has the capability to attack ships in the Red Sea, which could have an even more significant impact on global trade.

In conclusion, the Houthis' attacks in the Red Sea represent a significant threat to global security and the global economy. Even if the Houthis are not able to sink ships, their attacks continue to be a cause for concern.

"It is true that the Houthis have not yet been able to sink a ship in the Red Sea. However, their attacks represent a significant threat to global security and the global economy. The attacks can increase the cost of maritime transportation, which can lead to higher prices for goods and services. The attacks can also disrupt global trade, which can have a negative impact on the global economy."
    "The Houthis are not the only threat to security in the Red Sea. The region is also contested by other armed groups, including the Islamic State (IS). IS also has the capability to attack ships in the Red Sea, which could have an even more significant impact on global trade."
    "It is important to note that the Houthis' attacks are not just a problem for the United States. They represent a threat to all countries that rely on maritime trade."
    Last edited by Davi Meireles; 01-04-2024 at 02:19 PM.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

You’re not wrong Davi, there is potential there. Just more shenanigans courtesy of Iran.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The war on the red sea-1f5e5cf1-bc70-40f2-a514-936dc44addcb.jpeg  
    Davi Meireles and XnavyHMCS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    You’re not wrong Davi, there is potential there. Just more shenanigans courtesy of Iran.
    In lieu of the facts and figures presented in Wango's attachment, I underscore my thesis that the West, the Americans and our partners, cannot and will not let this "wrinkle" get out of hand. I don't believe that the Houthis will achieve even a fraction of what the Somali pirates accomplished during their time... There are far too many assets at the West's disposal to tolerate any mischief on the high seas.
    wango and Davi Meireles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    In lieu of the facts and figures presented in Wango's attachment, I underscore my thesis that the West, the Americans and our partners, cannot and will not let this "wrinkle" get out of hand. I don't believe that the Houthis will achieve even a fraction of what the Somali pirates accomplished during their time... There are far too many assets at the West's disposal to tolerate any mischief on the high seas.
    Just pulled some easy stuff from the internet, but the same percentages seemed to keep popping up.

I don’t foresee catastrophic effects, but envision it more as a possible economic nuisance that can affect funding for Israel and Ukraine, both of course who Iran does not favor. Is there a link between the Red Sea’s bs & the others, who knows, but, it seems completely feasible to me.
    Davi Meireles and XnavyHMCS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Just pulled some easy stuff from the internet, but the same percentages seemed to keep popping up.

I don’t foresee catastrophic effects, but envision it more as a possible economic nuisance that can affect funding for Israel and Ukraine, both of course who Iran does not favor. Is there a link between the Red Sea’s bs & the others, who knows, but, it seems completely feasible to me.

I still think this is going to get serious, the Russians are supporting Iran so I just hope this doesn't cause even greater confusion. We must remember that the Russians hated the military support that the US gave to Ukraine all this time. . So I think yes, the world needs attention so that the conflict does not expand on a global level

I still think this is going to get serious, the Russians are supporting Iran so I just hope this doesn't cause even greater confusion. We must remember that the Russians hated the military support that the US gave to Ukraine all this time. . So I think yes, the world needs attention so that the conflict does not expand on a global level
    Well, it is already serious. There are two pretty sizable conflicts going on & tens of thousands of civilians are dead with more on the way.

Currently, we are keeping focused on the major offenders and to me the Houthis are like little flies at a picnic. If they start landing on the food too much, they’ll get swatted.

I hope your new year is going well and you’re not worrying too much about this stuff. Are you training well?
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/two-navy-...182546354.html

Add this in there with the Red Sea actions, currently underway.

Fingers crossed for these two intrepid sailors.
    wango and almostgone like this.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Davi, quick question.
    What do you do for a living? what is your job?

reason I ask is these topics requires a shit ton of thought and research. When do u have time for this?
    Cylon357 and Davi Meireles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    Davi, quick question.
    What do you do for a living? what is your job?

reason I ask is these topics requires a shit ton of thought and research. When do u have time for this?
    I work in a warehouse, I go in at 5:00am and leave at 2:00pm. I'm a guy who really likes current affairs .I even had a Brazilian politics page on Instagram during the election period, but I was censored and had this Instagram account banned for preaching the truth about the dirty Brazilian left. I also confess that I have always been a fan of the military world and history, so these wars that are happening around the world catch my attention a lot. I wanted to be a career soldier Military but I didn't achieve that because I unfortunately didn't pursue it.
    lovbyts, XnavyHMCS and wango like this.

I work in a warehouse, I go in at 5:00am and leave at 2:00pm. I'm a guy who really likes current affairs .I even had a Brazilian politics page on Instagram during the election period, but I was censored and had this Instagram account banned for preaching the truth about the dirty Brazilian left. I also confess that I have always been a fan of the military world and history, so these wars that are happening around the world catch my attention a lot. I wanted to be a career soldier Military but I didn't achieve that because I unfortunately didn't pursue it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIGKlicb8n0

Some of us who are a bit more "long in the tooth" will remember this one...
    wango likes this.

Great work hours.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    amazing work hours
    Davi Meireles likes this.

Thread Information