Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)

Lightbulb Red squirrel sticker in the window for youth

I'm currently going through the approval process to be a foster carer, and I'm toying with the following idea:

Youth clubs, such as boxing clubs, or soccer clubs, or brass bands, or the scouts, could put a sticker in their front window of a red squirrel to indicate that foster children don't pay.

Foster children move from placement to placement, i.e. from home to home, and I think maybe their life would be a little easier if, when they arrive in a new town, they could just walk into a boxing club or an ice rink without worrying about where the money's coming from.

Some activities cannot be provided for free, I mean a horse riding school needs to take care of the horses and clean up all the poo, and they can't afford to let children come for free, so maybe a sticker of a grey squirrel could indicate a discount for foster kids.

red squirrel = free
    grey squirrel = discounted

Of course there are other children in need in society, such as the children of immigrants and refugees, and also there are local children who come from poor families, and so I don't want to be like "I'm only helping the foster kids", but I think this could at least be a start.

Maybe children from poor families or refugee families could apply for a 'squirrel card' so that they can avail of the same benefits as foster kids.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm currently going through the approval process to be a foster carer, and I'm toying with the following idea:

Youth clubs, such as boxing clubs, or soccer clubs, or brass bands, or the scouts, could put a sticker in their front window of a red squirrel to indicate that foster children don't pay.

Pay?

I wort's in this industry and no, there' s now money to walk into... I no, look, it's like the Waltons, people who addopt or foster are better than myself
    Foster children move from placement to placement, i.e. from home to home, and I think maybe their life would be a little easier if, when they arrive in a new town, they could just walk into a boxing club or an ice rink without worrying about where the money's coming from.

Some activities cannot be provided for free, I mean a horse riding school needs to take care of the horses and clean up all the poo, and they can't afford to let children come for free, so maybe a sticker of a grey squirrel could indicate a discount for foster kids.

red squirrel = free
    grey squirrel = discounted

Of course there are other children in need in society, such as the children of immigrants and refugees, and also there are local children who come from poor families, and so I don't want to be like "I'm only helping the foster kids", but I think this could at least be a start.

Maybe children from poor families or refugee families could apply for a 'squirrel card' so that they can avail of the same benefits as foster kids.
    Can we agree to disagree, at leat

Give me some reason\way to recognise your value as a humnan?

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Give me some reason\way to recognise your value as a humnan?
    Equality.

No such thing. Social Justice is Bullshit. I give my heart out everyday to those most negatively affected from the ills of pour society and go home happy, nothing left on the table, job well done. If I gotta go back, re-educate my co-workers or otherwise insure my tracks are properly placed into the clay, I do so without remorse. When I go to places where they fail to be human but never doubt their value on social equity, I fight the good fight, I make them care for people like you, Fluidic Kimbo, and people like me, or I give it my best and then walk away. I do not carry on any bullshit into other realms, speak of my philosophies as if I hadn't left it on the table, a good days work. The word "I" comes up a lot here but I use it because when I speak to people like you, I speak to power. I do the deed, ya'll speak the word

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    No such thing. Social Justice is Bullshit. I give my heart out everyday to those most negatively affected from the ills of pour society and go home happy, nothing left on the table, job well done. If I gotta go back, re-educate my co-workers or otherwise insure my tracks are properly placed into the clay, I do so without remorse. When I go to places where they fail to be human but never doubt their value on social equity, I fight the good fight, I make them care for people like you, Fluidic Kimbo, and people like me, or I give it my best and then walk away. I do not carry on any bullshit into other realms, speak of my philosophies as if I hadn't left it on the table, a good days work. The word "I" comes up a lot here but I use it because when I speak to people like you, I speak to power. I do the deed, ya'll speak the word
    And that's why you should start a charity, Quester, and make what difference you can while you're here and breathing.

Thread Information