Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired

Anyone play golf? small golf story...

I have been hitting rage balls for the past few weeks. I havent practiced in 9 months and man its fun again. I have put on some size since the last time i played so its harder to swing. I just have to get used to it i guess. well i went to the local range today and out there they have a huge dich and a soccer feild on the other end. the ditch is about 290 out and the soccer feild is just on the other bank. so im starting to get my swing back to where i can swing really hard. So i start seeing if i can fly that ditch.... I guess the manager saw me doing it and saw watching me really hard. well i got into a groove and hit about 4 out of 6 balls in the soccer feild then he cam over and told me unless i want to go pick them up id better change clubs 320 yards on the fly... gotta love that! And range balls suck, they dont fly as far as a regalr ball, about 10-20 yards less. so all in all it was a fun time!

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Bro, I happen to love golf.............haven't played in a while but I shot in the low 80's. My best club in the bag is my driver and tall irons. So I'm with you on how it feels to knock the hell out of that ball. I average around 280 yards with the driver.

Alright now the real trick is can you make that ball hook, fade and slice when you want it too? My hook is not bad but my fade is better.

I'll be a "one digit midgit from the back" one day. Keep hitting them bro!

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    Bro, I happen to love golf.............haven't played in a while but I shot in the low 80's.

So jugg what's your score on the second hole.

Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    So jugg what's your score on the second hole.
    Who said anything about the round..............I'm talking about the driving range! hahaha

Who said anything about the round..............I'm talking about the driving range! hahaha
    Ow my bad bro...........low 80's on the driving range.........that's a good temp. for throwing golfballs..........think I might take up golf........it's not the debil is it....

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Is pocket ball close to golf?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Is pocket ball close to golf?
    That does it.....DB when we head down to see Mass............you ride in the back for sure.

That does it.....DB when we head down to see Mass............you ride in the back for sure.
    Sure,put me in the back like a dog in heat

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Sure,put me in the back like a dog in heat
    U calling it like we see it bro.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Jugg just wants Peam all to himself........Pretty slick playing it off like that Jugg

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Jugg just wants Peam all to himself........Pretty slick playing it off like that Jugg
    On the other hand,Brandon boys don't have a wide selection

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I love golf. I lived in the Golf capital of the world. Pinehurst NC. Courses are unreal!

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh yeah, I suck!

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Oh yeah, I suck!
    LMAO......... Pocket ball is easier

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Alright now the real trick is can you make that ball hook, fade and slice when you want it too?
    Actually neither I draw the ball, I heard it give you more distance.

Whats your driver? I use a Ping TISI with UST shaft, its a stiff flex. When I bought it it was plenty, now I flex it about 5 inches. I need XX stiff one now...

If I can get out there more I might try some long drive contests. I play with a really soft ball so I avg 300, some times 280 other times 330 and that was last year when I played. Wonder how far I can hit a pinnalce or some other distance ball? guess ill have to go find out

My driver is a King Cobra Ti as well as my 3 wood. I don't own any other woods..never needed them. My irons are Liquid Metal. I throw them in a past it's prime bag, they don't look like they would cost more than a 20 spot................at least that's what I'm hopeing everyone thinks.

You are correct a draw will travel further............forgot that one. If you can do any of these shots when you want too, you can drop serious strokes, not to mention upsetting your opponent.

I have a home course I love to play, where I run too when my game goes south...........something to get you back on path. Anycase this course has a 631 yard par 6 on the front nine................you get par on this one is like getting a birdie. If you don't have the hammer off the box for this one you'll be lucky to get by with only a bogie.

Keep in mind; Drive for show, putt for dough. Half your score is on the green. Not to mention, all your cash if you can't.

Hell yes check into long drive comps. There a blast........my best was 427 yards. Yes I actually had the wind on my back and hit a water sprinkler. hahaha

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    Does mini golf count ? lol

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    Real golf is for girls. Let me know when yall want to play some PGA Tour Championship on the arcade.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle

If I can get out there more I might try some long drive contests. I play with a really soft ball so I avg 300, some times 280 other times 330 and that was last year when I played.
    They had one of those contests on ESPN before, it was unreal seeing some 6'4 250lb dudes with an insanely long shaft(get your mind out of the gutter) just drive em 350yds time after time. Not all the contenders were huge but several were.

They had some kids that were like in jr high or something like that, and they were hittin high 2's and low 3's, pretty good for a kid.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    dudes with an insanely long shaft(get your mind out of the gutter)
    that's hilarious...

I played regularly when i was a kid...i hit mid 200's by age 12 or so (i was fat...so had lots of "potential energy" and knew how to use it ) I probably don't even drive it that far now, almost 11 years later...

of course, i haven't played in about a year...so that might explain it

I still say pocket pool is more fun and I'm sticking to it

Thread Information