Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Did You Know?

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    I don't know how to give the "link" but its either on the CODOH website or in this article, Los Angeles Times on January 7, 2000 by Kim Murphy, i just finished a paper nailing a professor to the correct number.
    i'll still see if i can get the exact page.

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    http://www.codoh.com/newsdesk/000107.html

Some revisions in Holocaust history have been generally accepted. Stories that Jewish remains were manufactured into soap and lampshades have been dismissed as myth. There were, most historians now agree, no human gasings at Dachau. Deaths at Auschwitz, once estimated, based on the testimony of Nazi commanders, at up to 3 million have been scaled back to about 1.1 million. Even the widely accepted figure of 6 million Jewish dead all over Europe has been questioned in recent years by some of the world's most prominent Holocaust scholars.

Raul Hilberg and Robert Jan van Pelt, two of the leading authorities, now believe the figure is probably closer to 5.1 million.

Danger in Denying Holocaust?
    By Kim Murphy, Times Staff Writer

Los Angeles Times
    Jan. 7, 2000

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    http://www.codoh.com/newsdesk/000107.html

Some revisions in Holocaust history have been generally accepted. Stories that Jewish remains were manufactured into soap and lampshades have been dismissed as myth. There were, most historians now agree, no human gasings at Dachau. Deaths at Auschwitz, once estimated, based on the testimony of Nazi commanders, at up to 3 million have been scaled back to about 1.1 million. Even the widely accepted figure of 6 million Jewish dead all over Europe has been questioned in recent years by some of the world's most prominent Holocaust scholars.

Raul Hilberg and Robert Jan van Pelt, two of the leading authorities, now believe the figure is probably closer to 5.1 million.

Danger in Denying Holocaust?
    By Kim Murphy, Times Staff Writer

Los Angeles Times
    Jan. 7, 2000
    thank you very much

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    thank you very much
    look... now I got u using the elephant, isn't that sweet?

Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    look... now I got u using the elephant, isn't that sweet?

hossy poo getting that post count up once more egh?

Superhuman is offline Banned
    you know, that girl in your avatar looks a little bit like my ex-girlfriend

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Ogpackin this is going to sound extremely ignorant and stupid... your here bitching at everyone that has an even a vague negative view of Jewish people... PEOPLE DONT LIKE PEOPLE... sometimes those people happen to be Jewish... but noooo its not cause they're annoying as ****, or they are incompetent at what they do, or because their just not a nice person, its cause the person who opens their mouth about it is anti-Semitic.. I have a number of Jewish friends but as soon as something they do is wrong and someone points it out to them their anti-Semitic. Please stop your bitching. Hitler killed six million Jews in the holocaust but then again the total number is close to 40 million. The slave trade killed nearly 4 million Africans, rock to shackle to 30 people and overboard they go... so why is the holocaust more or a tragic event then that..? Yet Jews ride that out till high heavens... I'm polish in origin and I have been to Auschwitz-Birkenau and yes it’s a horrible place but this doesn’t not give you an excuse to take over the Palestinian land (UN resolution 151) for no apparent reason... As I stated above this a stupid post and I do not mean to offend anyone by it...

Ok u fukin asshole! Where in the hell does the holocaust come into play in this thread?!? Or any other thread thats on here dealing with the subject of Hezbollah and terrorists?!? I didnt mentioned it once and i cant remember anyone else mentioning it, except ur sorry piece of **** ass! SO WHATS UR FUKIN POINT!! AND WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH THIS THREAD!!!! I swear to god, people like u make me sick!

Ok so u want to say 5.1 million jewish people died in the holocaust instead of 6 million. WOW thats 900,000 less. How dare we say 6 million then. I cant believe we would make up such lies. ARE U FUKIN KIDDING ME!!! Actually its all lies. There was never any holocaust, no jewish people died at all. They are all living in New York and Miami now. Ohh and dont forget we have horns too.

OG

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Ok u fukin asshole! Where in the hell does the holocaust come into play in this thread?!? Or any other thread thats on here dealing with the subject of Hezbollah and terrorists?!? I didnt mentioned it once and i cant remember anyone else mentioning it, except ur sorry piece of **** ass! SO WHATS UR FUKIN POINT!! AND WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH THIS THREAD!!!! I swear to god, people like u make me sick!

Ok so u want to say 5.1 million jewish people died in the holocaust instead of 6 million. WOW thats 900,000 less. How dare we say 6 million then. I cant believe we would make up such lies. ARE U FUKIN KIDDING ME!!! Actually its all lies. There was never any holocaust, no jewish people died at all. They are all living in New York and Miami now. Ohh and dont forget we have horns too.

OG

wow.. such hostilty.. my point was that not everyone who you belive is anti-semitic is acctully anti-semitic.. for example i dont like you cause you BITCH AND WHINE all the time how israel is the greatest ****en thing ever created.. NEWS ****EN FLASH its not.. your killing INNOCENT PEOPLE who DONT have an ARMY and fight back THE ONLY ****EN wAY they know how.. It is a sad thought civilians do die and in no way i condone that.. but then again its not like Israel doesnt do the same thing..

OG

Wow.. i never argued with the statistics.. at first i said 6 million then someone bought it to my attention that its less then that.. so please let thoes people rest in peace..

OG
    you see how you become so defensive...? i never said jewish people are bad.. no no total opposite like i said i have a lot of jewish friends who are bringht and very sucessful.. the only thing that bothers me about them is the fact that everytime something is pointed out to them about a wronging about thier actions or the actions of israel they scream ANTI SEMATISM!@#!#@ or

wow.. such hostilty.. my point was that not everyone who you belive is anti-semitic is acctully anti-semitic.. for example i dont like you cause you BITCH AND WHINE all the time how israel is the greatest ****en thing ever created.. NEWS ****EN FLASH its not.. your killing INNOCENT PEOPLE who DONT have an ARMY and fight back THE ONLY ****EN wAY they know how.. It is a sad thought civilians do die and in no way i condone that.. but then again its not like Israel doesnt do the same thing..

The hostility is because i still dont see ur point in bring up the holocaust in this thread or any other thread for that matter. Annnnd i accused bdtr and maybe one other person of making comments that have anti-semitic overtures. Who else am i "bitching and whining" about and where have i "bitched and whined" about Israel being the "greatest"?!? Iv simply defended Israel and the US from someone posting anti US and Israeli propaganda.

OG

Wow.. i never argued with the statistics.. at first i said 6 million then someone bought it to my attention that its less then that.. so please let thoes people rest in peace..

U said "thank you very much" when he posted the number. What does that imply?!? IMO it says....see i toldya so. Like a little bitch!

OG

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

OG
    get your tone in order or you will not be able to post in the lounge anymore

He states his facts, you state yours - not attack with nothing but your dick in your hand

and who cares if it is 5.1 or 6 million? although accuracy is of course important - its still a LOT of jews - of course, Stalin wiped out a lot more russians - but the Germans were so rather perverse about their methods

U said "thank you very much" when he posted the number. What does that imply?!? IMO it says....see i toldya so. Like a little bitch!

OG

no it doesnt imply "see i told you soo".. that was cause i learned something from all this.. and if we're not here learn then what are we here for?

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    get your tone in order or you will not be able to post in the lounge anymore

He states his facts, you state yours - not attack with nothing but your dick in your hand
    thank you cyclone for being fair on the matter

you see how you become so defensive...? i never said jewish people are bad.. no no total opposite like i said i have a lot of jewish friends who are bringht and very sucessful.. the only thing that bothers me about them is the fact that everytime something is pointed out to them about a wronging about thier actions or the actions of israel they scream ANTI SEMATISM!@#!#@ or
    hmmmm....i bet ud be mad if a black man called u racist for calling him the "N" word huh?

Oh so if u accuse them of farting they call u anti-semitic! Come on get a grip! How do u know what was said cant be conveyed as anti-semitic to a jewish person. Or for that matter how do u know whats considered racist to a black person or Asian. Just because u think its not doesnt mean someone else doesnt. Or hasnt ur parents taught u that growing up?!?

OG

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    OGP - havent your parents taught you to deal with arguments with facts? - and frankly, he didnt call you anything - unless I missed it - he simply presented a section of data that you seem to disagree with - so refute it

The hostility is because i still dont see ur point in bring up the holocaust in this thread or any other thread for that matter. Annnnd i accused bdtr and maybe one other person of making comments that have anti-semitic overtures. Who else am i "bitching and whining" about and where have i "bitched and whined" about Israel being the "greatest"?!? Iv simply defended Israel and the US from someone posting anti US and Israeli propaganda.

OG

no wait you called BTRD Hitler.. i mean you cant really go any lower then that.. as for as your bitching and whinning goes please refare to post 2 or 3.. and dont call it propoganda.. at lease most of them are proven facts just cause they dont coincide with your views doesnt make them propoganda.. i for one did know 1/2 of the stuff he was talking about and learned some new things that i havnt been able to confirm yet.. so to me since im nutral on the issue and can care less for either side its just new knowlage..

hmmmm....i bet ud be mad if a black man called u racist for calling him the "N" word huh?

Oh so if u accuse them of farting they call u anti-semitic! Come on get a grip! How do u know what was said cant be conveyed as anti-semitic to a jewish person. Or for that matter how do u know whats considered racist to a black person or Asian. Just because u think its not doesnt mean someone else doesnt. Or hasnt ur parents taught u that growing up?!?

OG

So calling a Jewish person a Jew is like calling a Black person a the N word? i never used any deragotory terms in this post or hardly ever in real life UNLESS im in a company of friends who TAKE it as it is ment, a Joke.. i would never call someone a racial slur cause of a past sterotype..

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    OGP - havent your parents taught you to deal with arguments with facts? - and frankly, he didnt call you anything - unless I missed it - he simply presented a section of data that you seem to disagree with - so refute it

I dont think i called him anything beside the actions of "bitching and whining"

no wait you called BTRD Hitler.. i mean you cant really go any lower then that.. as for as your bitching and whinning goes please refare to post 2 or 3.. and dont call it propoganda.. at lease most of them are proven facts just cause they dont coincide with your views doesnt make them propoganda.. i for one did know 1/2 of the stuff he was talking about and learned some new things that i havnt been able to confirm yet.. so to me since im nutral on the issue and can care less for either side its just new knowlage..

Ok first of all i know what i said to bdtr because i said it! I said "what ur saying iv heard someone else say it before, Hitler" I NEVER called him Hitler so lets get ur facts straight. Why cant i call it propaganda? Even if its all true its still can be considered propaganda.

Definition of - The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.

Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause: wartime propaganda.

So as u can read it doesnt say propaganda is all true or all false. So by definition its propaganda.

OG

Okay that is a very vague defenition.. is it not..? it can mean that me saying

America being the most economicly and military wise powerful nation is the land of the free..

Its a fact yet it can be called propoganda... please show me how israel SOLDIERS killing palestinian civilians is difrent form palestians MILITANTS (NO THEY ARE NOT SOLDIES SINCE THEY DO NOT HAVE AN ARMY) killing isrealie civilans?

So calling a Jewish person a Jew is like calling a Black person a the N word? i never used any deragotory terms in this post or hardly ever in real life UNLESS im in a company of friends who TAKE it as it is ment, a Joke.. i would never call someone a racial slur cause of a past sterotype..

Ok ur losing me here. I was making a point. More of an analogy between u saying ur "jewish friends" cry anti-semitic when anyone says anything bad about jewish people. And if u said the "N' word or anything bad to a black man would u have issues with him calling u racist.

The point im trying to make is, just because u think its not anti-semitic or its not racist doesnt mean someone else doesnt.

OG

America being the most economicly and military wise powerful nation is the land of the free..

Its a fact yet it can be called propoganda... please show me how israel SOLDIERS killing palestinian civilians is difrent form palestians MILITANTS (NO THEY ARE NOT SOLDIES SINCE THEY DO NOT HAVE AN ARMY) killing isrealie civilans?

Hey buddy if u have issues with the definition take it up with http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=propaganda because thats where it came from.

I will not respond to ur last paragraph because its been answered many, many times throughout these threads. Go back and read by replys!

OG

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge

I lean a little toward Israel, so my oppinions lean that way.
    Palestinians are taught that I srael has no right to exist and should be overtaken. The natural hate that comes from these teachings as children is what makes it hard for me to believe that they care if civilians die or not. If someone attacksw this country the way that the palistinians attack Israel I hope we react the same as they do. Children should never be killed in my oppinion but in war people die. Yes I consider what is going on ov er there as war.

Ok ur losing me here. I was making a point. More of an analogy between u saying ur "jewish friends" cry anti-semitic when anyone says anything bad about jewish people. And if u said the "N' word or anything bad to a black man would u have issues with him calling u racist.

The point im trying to make is, just because u think its not anti-semitic or its not racist doesnt mean someone else doesnt.

OG

no no i never said it was in any way shape of for racist.. let me give you an example; me, me friend Ariel and some Asian kid went to a job interview.. the Asian fellow was WAAAAAAAAAY over qualified then both of use put together times 4.. yet when we were leaving the human resource building my buddy goes.. man the only reason i didnt get the job is because i was wearing a yamaka and he probobly doesnt like jews.. I mean lets be realistc here.. the asian fellow was a shoe in for the job while my friend was under qualified.. yet he see's it as the person being anti-sematic..

Quote Originally Posted by mart651
    Palestinians are taught that I srael has no right to exist and should be overtaken. The natural hate that comes from these teachings as children is what makes it hard for me to believe that they care if civilians die or not. If someone attacksw this country the way that the palistinians attack Israel I hope we react the same as they do. Children should never be killed in my oppinion but in war people die. Yes I consider what is going on ov er there as war.

Very well said!

OG

Hey buddy if u have issues with the definition take it up with http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=propaganda because thats where it came from.

I will not respond to ur last paragraph because its been answered many, many times throughout these threads. Go back and read by replys!

OG

well yeah i got the deffenition from the same page, thus why i asked if you thought (not what the page said) it seemed very vauge to you..

and please do show me a place where it has been explained where an israel civilian is more valued then a palestinian civilian.. and please bring facts this time..

yes i mart i do agree with you.. yet thier land was TAKEN from them via un resolution 151 circa 1948 if im correct..? so please put your self in their shoes.. you let someone into you house you treat them with all the love and respect you would treat your brother then out of nowhere they are kicking you out of your own 3 acers of land.. and yes people do die druing war.. Casulties of war happen every single day its just sad fact that some of them happen to be children..

no no i never said it was in any way shape of for racist.. let me give you an example; me, me friend Ariel and some Asian kid went to a job interview.. the Asian fellow was WAAAAAAAAAY over qualified then both of use put together times 4.. yet when we were leaving the human resource building my buddy goes.. man the only reason i didnt get the job is because i was wearing a yamaka and he probobly doesnt like jews.. I mean lets be realistc here.. the asian fellow was a shoe in for the job while my friend was under qualified.. yet he see's it as the person being anti-sematic..

Let me let u in on a little secret. Ur friend doesnt speak for all Jewish people. Just because he said that doesnt give u the right to say "all" jewish people feel that way. Does it? Hes one person, and his views and thoughts are his own. He does not speak for me.

OG

Let me let u in on a little secret. Ur friend doesnt speak for all Jewish people. Just because he said that doesnt give u the right to say "all" jewish people feel that way. Does it? Hes one person, and his views and thoughts are his own. He does not speak for me.

OG

when did i ever said all jewish people are like that..? i said some of them are and i see you as one of them.. since you rank on anyone who has a slightly impure vision of israel.. and yes out of the 7 or 8 jewish friends i have 3-4 of them are like that..

yes i mart i do agree with you.. yet thier land was TAKEN from them via un resolution 151 circa 1948 if im correct..? so please put your self in their shoes.. you let someone into you house you treat them with all the love and respect you would treat your brother then out of nowhere they are kicking you out of your own 3 acers of land.. and yes people do die druing war.. Casulties of war happen every single day its just sad fact that some of them happen to be children..
    If youn go back far enough that land was originaly the Jewish peoples, well not originaly but at one time.

I see where you are coming from on the in ocent people thing and believe it or not I agree. Apalistinians life is just as good as a Israely. I don't believe that there is any other way to fight the terrorism that comes from Palistinians other than the way the Israel is handling it.

If youn go back far enough that land was originaly the Jewish peoples, well not originaly but at one time.

I see where you are coming from on the in ocent people thing and believe it or not I agree. Apalistinians life is just as good as a Israely. I don't believe that there is any other way to fight the terrorism that comes from Palistinians other than the way the Israel is handling it.

Constantine owned most of europe at one time.. and Ganghis Khan conquerd most of the interconnecting world.. does that mean turkey can get most of europe back..?

And yes isrealies are handeling terrorism in upmost fashion and i cant dispute that.. The killing of the hamas leader is a great step foward.. but im talking about MASSACERS in refugee camps.. not to mention bulldozers knocking houses down with people still in them..

well yeah i got the deffenition from the same page, thus why i asked if you thought (not what the page said) it seemed very vauge to you..

and please do show me a place where it has been explained where an israel civilian is more valued then a palestinian civilian.. and please bring facts this time..

Is it vague? I dont really think so. Where are u coming up with ur questions and statements? U want facts huh? Where have i said an Israeli civilian is more valued then a palestinian? Iv made it clear throughout all my posts on this subject that i dont hold any ill feelings towards palestinians as a people. Just the ones who strap explosives to their bodies and kill innocent men, women, and children.

Im not sure where ur personal attacks on me are coming from, but ur waaaay off base here. I again ask that u go back and READ all the posts that have been posted on this subject and u will see where im coming from. Because obviously with ur responses u havent read any of them.

OG
    Last edited by OGPackin; 03-24-2004 at 09:54 AM.

Is it vague? I dont really think so. Where are u coming up with ur questions and statements? U want facts huh? Where have i said an Israeli civilian is more valued then a palestinian? Iv made it clear there are throughout all my posts on this subject that i dont hold any ill feelings towards palestinians as a people. Just the ones who strap explosives to their bodies and kill innocent men, women, and children.

Im not sure where ur personal attacks on me are coming from, but ur waaaay off base here. I again ask that u go back and READ all the posts that have been posted on this subject and u will see where im coming from. Because obviously with ur responses u havent read any of them.

OG

do you ever re read things you write.. Where have i stated that you said that isrealies are more valuble then palestians.. you said that it has been pointed out in other threads.. i have read most of them and havn't seen a good enought explanation so i asked you TO POINT me to thoes threads..

Then again i dont hold any grief for thoes who strap them selves with bombs and go bomb something.. but then again that is the only line of defence they have to get thier points accross.. i dont condone it but its true.. they do not have an army, a navy or an air force.. all they have is some old guns from the USSR era, C4 and rocks.. and its mighty tought going against a tank with a rock..

when did i ever said all jewish people are like that..? i said some of them are and i see you as one of them.. since you rank on anyone who has a slightly impure vision of israel.. and yes out of the 7 or 8 jewish friends i have 3-4 of them are like that..

Im one of them huh. Well, i challenge u to go back and find where im calling all these people anti-semitic. Like i said before i said bdtr's responses have anti-semitic overtures and maybe one other persons. If that qualifies me to be added to ur list then so be it!

OG

OG

and please dont get this mixed up with it being a personal attack.. the only thing that bothers me about you is taht you BITCH AND MOAN with no facts or any thing and yet rant on anyone who disagrees with you.. Tock has in my eyes been one of the most reasonable posters i have ever read.. and you call him your lil chipmonk... and your the one talking about personal attacks..?!

Im one of them huh. Well, i challenge u to go back and find where im calling all these people anti-semitic. Like i said before i said bdtr's responses have anti-semitic overtures and maybe one other persons. If that qualifies me to be added to ur list then so be it!

OG

okay comparing anyone to hitler isnt a strong enought statement..?

That means U my gay misguided chipmunk.

OG
    speaking of person attacks or insults..

do you ever re read things you write.. Where have i stated that you said that isrealies are more valuble then palestians.. you said that it has been pointed out in other threads.. i have read most of them and havn't seen a good enought explanation so i asked you TO POINT me to thoes threads..

Then again i dont hold any grief for thoes who strap them selves with bombs and go bomb something.. but then again that is the only line of defence they have to get thier points accross.. i dont condone it but its true.. they do not have an army, a navy or an air force.. all they have is some old guns from the USSR era, C4 and rocks.. and its mighty tought going against a tank with a rock..

I think you are a little off. Strapping bombs to themselves and going and blowing up a Mcdonalds full of people is not the only way to get the point across. You can just as easy plan things and kill army members.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information