Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    39 posts and 346 views, not bad for a newbie. anyone else wanna cry about this topic?? im enjoying it deeply.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by enid_sprinter
    i see ive got everyone a lil excited huh?
    You were serious because you have a new dumb theory every week. Why dont you take the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth so you can learn something son. OK buddy boy.

im sorry that you all cant use alchohol and still be successfull. im sorry that you have to be so tight on your diet that you cant enjoy life with a little beer sometimes.

im sorry that you all cant use alchohol and still be successfull. im sorry that you have to be so tight on your diet that you cant enjoy life with a little beer sometimes.
    I am sorry your brain is about as useful as a beer on cycle.

Ive heard its good to drink, just not heavily, i mean why not- it boosts your calories your carbs, and gives you a great nites sleep. Just make sure you drink water or gatorade during breaks from drinking, and only drink when you have an off day the next day. And limit it to prolly once a week. Ive had more than one profesional athlete tell me this.

yes i was very serious. im looking at my post again, i guess your having problems reading it. it says ive heard, and tell me this. i never said it worked. but i do drink. oh yes i do, and i guess you dont. everyone seems deeply offended by this topic, im very dissapointed in you all.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    yes i was very serious. im looking at my post again, i guess your having problems reading it. it says ive heard, and tell me this. i never said it worked. but i do drink. oh yes i do, and i guess you dont. everyone seems deeply offended by this topic, im very dissapointed in you all.
    The reason why everyone seems offended is because this is a dumb topic and should be in the lounge as a joke. It isnt even worth debating because anyone with the IQ of a monkey will tell you alcohol is catabolic.

Paingain is offline Banned
    Hey everybody, look at his profile, he's 24 years old and he claims he's been training since he was like 9.

not bodybuilding since i was 9. ive been running competitive track on a national level since 4th grade.

you bout nailed me tho stud.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Can you name one pro BB who uses GHB?
    hey check out my new thread about GHB you will enjoy it.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Yall got that alcohol raises estrogen levels and decreases appetite?

I guess runners dont have to worry about bulking though, maybe not eating IS better for you. Personally I'd rather be a big mother fvcker and not HAVE to run away from something.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoi83
    im seeing too many of threads. non drinkers know that drinking is not good for you. drinkers are always looking for articles, opions, advice ect. to make them not feel guilty about getting drunk or drinking. if u wanna do it then just do it dont make it seem as though its not bad for you. no flame bro cause i still drink on cycle. a lot less then usual but i do and its never gonna be good for you.
    My gains are best when I drink *nothing*. I cant lift as much weights, etc after drinking and even just a little bit.

Also here is something to put in your pipe and smoke it. There are 3 worst pssible foods that cause MASSIVE conversion of testosterone into estrogen. These are foods you NEVER want to eat rather you are on steroids or not! They are:

soy products
    products containing hops
    licorish

The above products can convert as much as 90% of the free testosterone in your body to estrogen. Note products containing hops includes BEER. If you are doing LOTS of testosterone and drink beer, you'll end up with LOTS of estrogen! For vegens, this is horrible news because soy milk is the most converting of testosterone to estrogen of any food you can eat, followed closely by tofu. Guys eating soy products and beer drinkers end up with bad cases of female pattern fat storage and also are famous for being guys with little or no sex drive. The so-called beer belly is a primary example of female pattern fat storage.

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Yall got that alcohol raises estrogen levels and decreases appetite?

I guess runners dont have to worry about bulking though, maybe not eating IS better for you. Personally I'd rather be a big mother fvcker and not HAVE to run away from something.
    I actually respect runners. I am curious though. What steroids actually improve a runners ability? I hear about them taking Winny but that doesnt make sense to me due to the fact it dries out the joints.

wow that sucks. I ate a package of licorish today

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Ive heard its good to drink, just not heavily, i mean why not- it boosts your calories your carbs, and gives you a great nites sleep. Just make sure you drink water or gatorade during breaks from drinking, and only drink when you have an off day the next day. And limit it to prolly once a week. Ive had more than one profesional athlete tell me this.

Wow, I'm going to dissect this one.

Ive heard its good to drink.
    If you're on cycle, or not... its not good to drink

why not- it boosts your calories your carbs .
    For starters, these are not the type of calories or carbs you should be feeding your body... nor the time or place.

If you need calories/carbs, take a protein shake.

Just make sure you drink water or gatorade during breaks from drinking, ..
    You should be drinking plenty of water all the time, drinking or not.

and only drink when you have an off day the next day..
    This is the best part.... your off day is for your body to rest and recoup... not for you to destroy and set it back by a night at the bar drinking.

Ive had more than one profesional athlete tell me this.
    No you havent
    Last edited by EastCoaster; 08-09-2004 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    My gains are best when I drink *nothing*. I cant lift as much weights, etc after drinking and even just a little bit.

Also here is something to put in your pipe and smoke it. There are 3 worst pssible foods that cause MASSIVE conversion of testosterone into estrogen. These are foods you NEVER want to eat rather you are on steroids or not! They are:

soy products
    products containing hops
    licorish

The above products can convert as much as 90% of the free testosterone in your body to estrogen. Note products containing hops includes BEER. If you are doing LOTS of testosterone and drink beer, you'll end up with LOTS of estrogen! For vegens, this is horrible news because soy milk is the most converting of testosterone to estrogen of any food you can eat, followed closely by tofu. Guys eating soy products and beer drinkers end up with bad cases of female pattern fat storage and also are famous for being guys with little or no sex drive. The so-called beer belly is a primary example of female pattern fat storage.
    Oh I forgot to add.... NA (non-alcoholic beers) are supposed to be JUST AS BAD as the real beer when it comes to converting testosterone to estrogen.

eastcoaster- actually yes i have had more than one pro athlete tell me this. it may be hard to believe but i have competed in some of the largest track meets in the world. i train with pro's, i stay in hotels with pro's, my coaches are ex-pro's.

andf6969- what are we running away from? most elite sprinters are starting to resemble ben johnson-my picture-and have very little to run from. and by the way, im not white if anyone was wondering, i am a 100-200-400-long jumper.

im not white if anyone was wondering
    ooooooooook. That was important because???????

i recieved 10 points for this thread. not sure what that means tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    ooooooooook. That was important because???????
    LOL, yeah I'm glad we got that cleared up. This changes EVERYTHING!!

well im off to bed to recieve me good 8+ hours of sleep so i can have the best body i can possibly have!! have fun chattin the nite away boyz!!

eastcoaster- actually yes i have had more than one pro athlete tell me this. it may be hard to believe but i have competed in some of the largest track meets in the world. i train with pro's, i stay in hotels with pro's, my coaches are ex-pro's.

Wow congratulations, I've been around many pros as well. I played college football and run track (with many who went on to the pros) I was never told by coaches or teamates to drink. The idea is ludicrous. You're ludicrous.

sooners04 is online now Senior Member
    I just read an article that speaks about foods that lower testosterone . The hops ingredient in beer just happens to be one herb that lowers test.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    well im off to bed to recieve me good 8+ hours of sleep so i can have the best body i can possibly have!! have fun chattin the nite away boyz!!
    OHHH THANK CHRIST

Lemme guess ... I'll bet the GAINING DRINKER is gonna get his 8+ hours on a bed of NAILS

wow, u truly are amazing and a real ASSet to this board YO

Im off to chug down some JD

Something is not right with this guy.... he's been a member for a less than a week and he already has over 100 posts.

I dunno, maybe its just me but I think I see trouble in the making
    Last edited by EastCoaster; 08-09-2004 at 12:22 AM.

Don't forget to skip the shake and funnel some coors light so you get a good sleep!

Why would a sprinter come in here and talk to a bunch of bodybuilders like he knows what's up? It's 2 totally different sports to begin with. Also, what the hell does not being white have to do with anything? And by pro athletes, are you talking about bodybuilders you talk to? I seriously doubt a professional bodybuilder is even going to take the time to talk to a sprinter about nutrition and what he does to get size.

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    OHHH THANK CHRIST

Lemme guess ... I'll bet the GAINING DRINKER is gonna get his 8+ hours on a bed of NAILS

wow, u truly are amazing and a real ASSet to this board YO

Im off to chug down some JD
    I am like only drink 2 times a year type of guy, most recently when in Mexico of course gotta drink some tequila while there. I was suprised I used to be easier to get drunk, but I put on so much weight in the past year, I was really suprised at how much more I can drink now before I start feeling alcohol buzz.

Its not that we are a bunch of non-drinking nerds, but its serious stuff to mess with steroids and you have to be careful what else you are doing along with the steroids. There are other dehydration problems to consider for body builders, like if doing creatine and drinking, makes you extra vulnerable to heat stroke, so if you do landscaping, roofer, etc and also a drinking body builder on steroids and creatine - you are in TROUBLE. I think if you HAD to have a drink every so often, I would suggest it NOT be beer, and not a good idea to drink NA beers either.

Wine or low carb beer if you gotta drink. Hard liquor has many more calories per ounce than beer does.

i cant sleep so im gonna hammer some beers--

Drink, moderately, to good health

Two studies support benefits of drinking.

May 18, 2004 - Doctors in the Netherlands have found that moderate drinking may boost levels of a hormone that is believed to help protect against artery disease. "People consuming alcohol in moderate amounts may have a healthier hormone status," Dr. Henk F.J. Hendriks at TNO Nutrition and Food Research.

A separate report from Kaiser Permanente report shows that people who drink moderately report better health than people who don't drink at all - and the benefits are especially strong in women.

"Women are more sensitive to alcohol," including the apparent benefits of moderate drinking, said Carla Green, a sociologist who conducted the study for Kaiser Permanente. Women tend toward body fat, while men tend toward body water, she said. That tends to boost the concentration of blood alcohol in women, compared with men, who can dilute that alcohol in the body's water.

The research in the Netherlands supports growing evidence that sex hormones also may be involved in the development artery disease. Some studies suggest that high levels of a hormone called DHEAS, or dehydroepiandrosterone, may help keep blood vessels healthy. Levels of DHEAS naturally decline with age.

In Hendriks' study, those who drank regular beer for three weeks showed blood levels of DHEAS that were almost 17% higher than after drinking nonalcoholic beer. The increase in DHEAS was similar in men and women.

Levels of HDL cholesterol, which is associated with better cardiovascular health, increased about 12 percent in both men and women.

Testosterone levels have been proven to drop from alchohol, but only during the period the alchohol is in your body. Long term test levels are affected when alchohol is abused, but not in moderation.

Levels of HDL cholesterol, which is associated with better cardiovascular health, increased about 12 percent in both men and women.
    Interesting to know that increased levels of HDL cholesterol is also associated with increased levels of ESTROGEN. HA.

georgie24 is offline Member
    the most repolsive thread ive read here in a while....this guy needs a good flame

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    I just read an article that speaks about foods that lower testosterone. The hops ingredient in beer just happens to be one herb that lowers test.
    If you can please PM the article!

Quote Originally Posted by bor
    If you can please PM the article!
    i would like for you to pm it to me too oklahoma sooner.

570 views, nice...

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    im very dissapointed in you all.
    The retarded newbie is disappointed in me, I'm crushed!

hey check out my new thread about GHB you will enjoy it.
    The one that got locked because you don't know how to read and broke the rules.

i recieved 10 points for this thread. not sure what that means tho.
    You didn't receive anything for this thread genius (except much deserved ridicule). It's just a point system for the mods to give people warnings. Try using the search button next time, like before you go starting new threads with articles that have already been posted (aka clen handbook).

2dsl4u is offline Junior Member
    i figured id have a bunch of winey babies crying about this topic. it works for me. i cant eat as much as i should and it helps me boost my cals, and it helps me sleep real good on friday nite. prolly my best sleep of the week. and im gonna go with the opinions of people that have competed at an international level than you guys. thanks tho

My dad drives a Dodge!!!!!!!

weightshead is offline Associate Member
    YOU ARE WRONG ENID

its a common myth that alcohol promotes a good night sleep. actualy what happens is that when under the effects of this depressant you find it easier to fall asleep. but it increases the amount of REM sleep, thus reducing the amount of time spent in the _more restful_ SWS sleep. this is particularly true in whats known as the second half of sleep - and aside from getting less restful sleep people often sleep lighter during this period and as a consequence awaken earlier.

futhermore just drinking once can induce a disruption in the body's normal phases of sleep for a number of nights after the alcohol has left the body.

all this applies to non-alcoholics...

some studies:
    Landolt, H.-P., et al. Late-afternoon ethanol intake affects nocturnal sleep and the sleep EEG in middle-aged men. J Clin Psychopharmacol 16(6):428-436, 1996.

Vitiello, M.V. Sleep, alcohol and alcohol abuse. Addict Biol (2):151-158, 1997.

Drink, moderately, to good health

Two studies support benefits of drinking.
    as stated earlier most docs take moderation to be 1/2 - 1 glass of red wine per day.

thats assuming your NOT ON A CYCLE!
    Last edited by weightshead; 08-09-2004 at 05:50 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information