Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skoal and roids

rainjack is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Read the thread newbie. No one is attacking anyone. I dipped for over 20 years. I do not pass judgement as I was just as guilty. I am stating scientific fact. Now instead of making your childish comments you should take some advice from an old Shakespeare line..."Tis best to remain silent and thought the fool than ope thy lips and remove all doubt."
    When someone has the audacity to call into question my intelligence, and then follow it up with a condescending "son" I'm gonna fire back. I'm not your son.

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rainjack
    When someone has the audacity to call into question my intelligence, and then follow it up with a condescending "son" I'm gonna fire back. I'm not your son.
    Lol...OK, point taken. Hearing facts about the danger of tabacco called "scare tactics" by you brought on my condecending side. My apologies, I thought you were some young kid with the immortality issue of thinking nothing will harm you. I never questioned your intelligence, just education about the facts. I have known many intelligent people that were not well educated in many areas. However, part of the addiction is justification but like I said, I am not judging anyone...just hoping someone will think twice and maybe make it over to the other side and quit. Hardest thing I ever did...never felt better and more than happy to help or motivate anyone to beat the bear.
    Last edited by toolman; 01-22-2005 at 04:27 PM.

rainjack is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Lol...OK, point taken. Hearing facts about the danger of tabacco called "scare tactics" by you brought on my condecending side. My apologies, I thought you were some young kid with the immortality issue of thinking nothing will harm you. I never questioned your intelligence, just education about the facts. I have known many intelligent people that were not well educated in many areas. However, part of the addiction is justification but like I said, I am not judging anyone...just hoping someone will think twice and maybe make it over to the other side and quit. Hardest thing I ever did...never felt better and more than happy to help or motivate anyone to beat the bear.
    I've dipped for 23 years. I've heard the 'facts' for so long that I equate them with scare tactics. I need to quit. I want to quit. But the pure pleasure of dipping has overridden any attempts to quit.

I'm not trying to offer excuses - there are none. When my desire to quit exceeds my desire to keep going - then I'll quit for good.

Did you quit cold turkey?

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rainjack
    I've dipped for 23 years. I've heard the 'facts' for so long that I equate them with scare tactics. I need to quit. I want to quit. But the pure pleasure of dipping has overridden any attempts to quit.

I'm not trying to offer excuses - there are none. When my desire to quit exceeds my desire to keep going - then I'll quit for good.

Did you quit cold turkey?
    I dipped 2 tins a day when I finally quit. Yup, it was cold turkey and was the most difficult thing. Like climbing a mountain though, stupid to put yourself through it but no better feeling of accomplishment. I was the same as most guys on this thread, loved my dip and no one was going to convince me otherwise. Until I went for my first physical in years and my BP was through the roof. I started reading up on everything and quit the next day.

You said something that is absolutely true. You have to want to quit. You can't be scared into it or quit for anyone but yourself. If that time ever comes for you, use the website www.quitsmokeless.org. There is all this help out there to quit smoking and this site has a bunch of guys on a forum like this going through the process of quitting dip. I tried to quit many times but always started again. I learned about nicotine addiction on the site, how it is more addictive than heroin and once you are an addict, you are for life. No more...I'll only dip tonight since I am drinking with friends or fishing or whatever... Plus they have this day counter and when you log in it shows the days you quit but more importantly how much you have saved in dip money. Amazing to see how many thousands you spend on it a year.

Besides, for a few months into the quitting process, your wife will be so happy you are quitting, you get just about anything you want...and if your an older guy like me...that means a great back rub, not just sex.

Like I said, if you ever want to quit, go for it and PM me anytime if you need any help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information