turbolag87 is offline Associate Member

may I be overtraining?

hey guys im on week 7 1/2 of my cycle and I'm starting to really get tired at teh gym. Seems like iI cannot push teh weights like I used to, strenght it still there but it seems like I dont have the energy anymore. I was thinking of doing a week of low intensity workouts I.E 12reps without going to fail... What do you guys think? I have not changed my diet or anything

Thanks in Advace.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turbolag87
    hey guys im on week 7 1/2 of my cycle and I'm starting to really get tired at teh gym. Seems like iI cannot push teh weights like I used to, strenght it still there but it seems like I dont have the energy anymore. I was thinking of doing a week of low intensity workouts I.E 12reps without going to fail... What do you guys think? I have not changed my diet or anything

Thanks in Advace.
    get more sleep and do some cardio in the morning. Go to fail on the weights even if you lower weight.

GrantC5 is offline Associate Member
    Pyramid for three weeks and get your strength up and then go back to heavy low rep low set like 3x6,8. Pyramid like this with medium weight 5 x 15, 12, 10, 8,6 for your big movements and for your arms, neck etc. do 4 x 12,10,8,8. Do this for 3 weeks and then go back to 3x6,8, HEAVY you will see the difference. One other thing I should mention if your using energy drinks eventually you will build a tolerance and they will make you tired, try to stay away from them. JMO good luck

I dont know if i can do anymore cardio. I play hockey 2-3 times a week and trust me guys its really intense in the running dept. I play hockey for an avg of 6hrs a week and im not sure if its helping in the overtraining dept. My workout routine is Supersets in every exersice. I.E

Flat bench Dumbells

120lbs x 8
    95lbs x8
    70lbs x8

All of them done quickly after the other set is done. I do 3 sets of those and so on for other exersices. Should i stop doing these supersets as they may be killing my recovery time? IM literally breathless for 5min after these sets as I LOVE to train hard all the time so far i have gained 28lbs in these 7weeks or so, but like I said, ive hit a brick wall at 213lbs .

btw guys, I really appreciate your replies Thanks a ton, I'm always learning from this forum.

Definitly Get Enough Rest.....whats Your Diet Like? Do You Have Something Before You Go To The Gym For Energy....

Breafask - 125ml of egg whites with 2 whole egges,WW bagel on the side with some yogurt

Snack- Protein shake , Yogurt fat free of course

Lunch- Tuna sandwich with 4 slices of toasted WW bread, 1 cup of skim milk and a granny smith apple

Snack- 6 slices Lean turkey sandwich with 3 slices of WW bread and an apple

PPWO- Shake

Gym - lots of water and screaming

PWO- Shake with a banana

Dinner - Pasta with tuna

Snack- Shake once again with yogurt and apple

Before bed - sometimes shake, sometimes tuna salad with 2 slices of ww bread.

Mind you in the morning i take my omega 3/6/9, Vit c/ multi vit and b6 and at lunch i take another omega 3/6/9.

(Saturdays) On my cheat days...well I cheat with a double cheeseburger meal, lots of Rice with chicken and some ice cream and whatever i like.

carmine09 is offline Associate Member
    I dont know if i can do anymore cardio. I play hockey 2-3 times a week and trust me guys its really intense in the running dept. I play hockey for an avg of 6hrs a week and im not sure if its helping in the overtraining dept. My workout routine is Supersets in every exersice. I.E

Flat bench Dumbells

120lbs x 8
    95lbs x8
    70lbs x8

All of them done quickly after the other set is done. I do 3 sets of those and so on for other exersices. Should i stop doing these supersets as they may be killing my recovery time? IM literally breathless for 5min after these sets as I LOVE to train hard all the time so far i have gained 28lbs in these 7weeks or so, but like I said, ive hit a brick wall at 213lbs .
    it seems that with the hockey and training you may be over working your body. because with hockey you are still using all of your body. i played ice for 15 years and had alot of trouble with my gains. since i only play here or there and concentrate alot more on bb my gains have been nothing but progress. and i get alot of rest. it is key. and you did not hit a brick wall at 213. 28lbs.that is alot of weight gain. you will prob. loose some of that when you finish. water retention. dont always judge by your weight. look in the mirror. i have not really stepped on the scale for awhile. i stay at a staedy 203. it does go up when on aas but i really have a good diet and tend not to hold alot of water. and follow the advise of pyrimiding. good luck!

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGPAPAPUMP77
    Definitly Get Enough Rest.....whats Your Diet Like? Do You Have Something Before You Go To The Gym For Energy....
    Your typing gives me a headache. Any reason for the capital letters starting every word?

what does your cycle look like!

400mg of deca durabolin EOD
    500mg of Sust EOD
    Femera EOD @ 5drops

Those are Total amounts throughout the week And god **** im bloating like a balloon now...looks like im getting fat , but its mostly water retention even with femera.

400mg of deca durabolin EOD
    500mg of Sust EOD
    Femera EOD @ 5drops

Those are Total amounts throughout the week And god **** im bloating like a balloon now...looks like im getting fat , but its mostly water retention even with femera.
    i am guessing by your cycle you are def. buliking! so keep on eating! your diet looks pretty good! and lift lift lift! get enough rest. and if you want to keep water down. hit up cardio. just dont be a track star. stay at a fat burning pace. but with you hockey that should help as well! good luck!

Thanks for the help guys

Ill post a pic up later on.. just a quick one

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Breafask - 125ml of egg whites with 2 whole egges,WW bagel on the side with some yogurt

Snack- Protein shake , Yogurt fat free of course

Lunch- Tuna sandwich with 4 slices of toasted WW bread, 1 cup of skim milk and a granny smith apple

Snack- 6 slices Lean turkey sandwich with 3 slices of WW bread and an apple

PPWO- Shake

Gym - lots of water and screaming

PWO- Shake with a banana

Dinner - Pasta with tuna

Snack- Shake once again with yogurt and apple

Before bed - sometimes shake, sometimes tuna salad with 2 slices of ww bread.

Mind you in the morning i take my omega 3/6/9, Vit c/ multi vit and b6 and at lunch i take another omega 3/6/9.

(Saturdays) On my cheat days...well I cheat with a double cheeseburger meal, lots of Rice with chicken and some ice cream and whatever i like.
    Way to much bread in there..some of those meals should be pro/fat and not all just pro/carb like you have it...get some flax seed oil and almonds

Mutant is offline Banned
    Taking a few days off from everything never fails. A while ago I lost 14 pounds and found out that it was from overtraining. I took a couple days off and started training again with more rest, and within a few months I was up 20 pounds. So try rest, you will miss the gym and come back with power!

Quote Originally Posted by bigrob33
    Way to much bread in there..some of those meals should be pro/fat and not all just pro/carb like you have it...get some flax seed oil and almonds

Well I do take 3 omega 3/6/9 pills which consist of 1.2 grams of fat per each pill. Sometimes i substitute some bread with rice and oatmeal here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant
    Taking a few days off from everything never fails. A while ago I lost 14 pounds and found out that it was from overtraining. I took a couple days off and started training again with more rest, and within a few months I was up 20 pounds. So try rest, you will miss the gym and come back with power!

Well today will be my 3rd day since ive gone to the gym, so will see how I will feel tonight

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Well I do take 3 omega 3/6/9 pills which consist of 1.2 grams of fat per each pill. Sometimes i substitute some bread with rice and oatmeal here and there.
    Oatmeal and brown rice should be your main source of carbs..not bread.

why whats wrong with bread? not like i eat much of it anyways.

Chookster is offline Associate Member
    Try A Pre-workout Supp. I Drink No-xplode 30 Mins Before On Empty Stomach And Really Noticed A Huge Difference In My Work Out Intensity.

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    Are you getting enough sleep your body has to recoup squeeze in a couple of extra hours on the weekend it should make a hell of a difference

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    Yeah taking a few days off never fails for me either...i always come back stronger and feeling good! That is alot of gear to be running!!!! 1400mg per wk of deca and 1750mg per week of test....WOW. Good luck bro!

Quote Originally Posted by XxElitexX
    Yeah taking a few days off never fails for me either...i always come back stronger and feeling good! That is alot of gear to be running!!!! 1400mg per wk of deca and 1750mg per week of test....WOW. Good luck bro!

lol no no, im running 400mg of deca and 500mg of test

Thread Information