Thread: t4

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

t4

how you dosing t4?
    Last edited by marcus300; 05-24-2006 at 01:17 AM.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    no, i wouldnt use it as its quite hard to tell how much of it the body actually converts to t3, t3 is best for what you want, i would lose the t4 and find some t3, its guestimated that 3x 4x more t4 is needed than t3

peace

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    You are better off using t3, like Jason mentioned.

Scooby1 is offline Member
    but the good thing about T4 is there no natural suppression that would be caused by T3.

1. TGB-(thyroglobulin B--a storage form--of thyroid hormone) is synthesized continuously inside cells lining the thyroid gland's follicles. TGB consists of about 5000 animo acid residues, more than 100 of these are the amino acid tyrosine.

2. TGB is released into the lumen of the thyriod follicles.

3. Within TGB one or two iodine atoms are attached to each tryosine molecule.

4. Tyrosine molecules within TGB link to form thyriod hormone containing three iodine atoms(T3 or triodothyronine) or containing four iodine atoms(T4 or tetraiodothyronine, also called thyroxine)

5. When needed, after having been stored in the lumen, TGB moves into follicluar cells where T3 and T4 are cleaved from it.

6. T3 and T4, the final forms of the thyroid hormone are transported in the blood combined with thyroxine binding globulin.

7. T4 increases general meatabloic rate.

- Bio Med Core
    *hopefully you can figure out your therory with this.

T3 is more powerful(4x) than T4, however an elevation of T3 will hen cause a negitive feedback reponse-T3 inhibits release of TSH and TRH form the hypothalamus. Doctors recommend(my doc) syn-throid(T4) due to this bad reaction for T3. This is why most cycle it. As for the uses- they are the same. Th eonly difference (minus the iodine atom) is the homostasis response of the body(the body's response in order to maintain the same). Hope this helps clarify.

t4 converts to t3 so i dont see why it would have no negative effect on tsh?? its like you are saying that you can use as much t4 as you want with no negative effects on teh bodys production, which we all know is b/s or it would be the wonder drug, which it isnt

taken from this post

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...9&highlight=t4

What about T4?

Bodybuilders should not use T4. It's a much weaker drug designed for long term use in patients with chronic thyroid disease. 100mcg of T4 corresponds to 25mcg of T3 and offers equivalent thyroid support; however, this does not translate to equal weight loss benefits. It has made itself on sources' lists simply because it is widely available and extremely cheap.

thanks for the advice,conflicting opinions tho.. ive got plenty of t4 so prob give it a try with hgh

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby1
    1. TGB-(thyroglobulin B--a storage form--of thyroid hormone) is synthesized continuously inside cells lining the thyroid gland's follicles. TGB consists of about 5000 animo acid residues, more than 100 of these are the amino acid tyrosine.

2. TGB is released into the lumen of the thyriod follicles.

3. Within TGB one or two iodine atoms are attached to each tryosine molecule.

4. Tyrosine molecules within TGB link to form thyriod hormone containing three iodine atoms(T3 or triodothyronine) or containing four iodine atoms(T4 or tetraiodothyronine, also called thyroxine)

5. When needed, after having been stored in the lumen, TGB moves into follicluar cells where T3 and T4 are cleaved from it.

6. T3 and T4, the final forms of the thyroid hormone are transported in the blood combined with thyroxine binding globulin.

7. T4 increases general meatabloic rate.

- Bio Med Core
    *hopefully you can figure out your therory with this.

T3 is more powerful(4x) than T4, however an elevation of T3 will then cause a negitive feedback reponse-T3 inhibits release of TSH and TRH form the hypothalamus. Doctors recommend(my doc) syn-throid(T4) due to this bad reaction for T3. This is why most cycle it. As for the uses- they are the same. The only difference (minus the iodine atom) is the homostasis response of the body(the body's response in order to maintain the same). Hope this helps clarify.
    I got this exact quote from my Biomed Core Text. I had my professor explain it as well.

using it with hgh? and dose it x4 of t3 dose
    Last edited by marcus300; 08-25-2006 at 09:28 AM.

i think you need to look at it from a bodybuilding point of view as has been said...

i think if t4 worked like that without effecting the tsh and bodies own production, it would simply mean that

you could use huge amount of t4 cut loads of fat, stop dead and have no rebound, we all know its not true.

Simply said, if you can, find t3

peace

the thing is here (IMO) is that studies have shown that there is a GREATER negitive response in the body to prolonged use of T3 as opposed to T4. Think about this too...you absorb "x" amount of T4 into your endocrine system(ie. the thyroid gland). Absorbtion does not equal amount Used. You are right T3 is MUCH more powerful than T4(hence the greater homostatic repsonse), but we all know that the body has so many pathways for maintaining homeostasis that of course it is not "the wonder drug".

~I am not arguing here, I am just giving the facts that have been presented to me from my text(s). I know that I am somewhat contradictive in this statement, but only because there is no SOLID fact or statements that seem to join into a firm stand on T3 and T4.

im not arguing either, i like to use t3 and im somewhat uneducated here, although i have my fair share of ideas, just like to discuss whats what, to help me and others.

I think mallet is the person who knows about about thyroid, perhaps drop him a pm if hes around ask to comment

peace

Thanks Jason.

Scooby1 Let Us Know If You Get Any More Info On T4, Thanks For All Advice

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    i just got t4 myself,..I hear t3 burns more fat,..but also works so well that it burns off your hard earned muscle. They recomend t4 for first time users aswell so that you see how these methods will effect your body. T4 will burn fat,..not muscle,,,

Wrongun is offline New Member
    The two main thyroid hormones are T4 (thyroxin) and T3 (levo-Triiodothyronine). The thyroid gland mainly produces T4 which is later converted by a deiodinase enzyme to T3. The interesting thing is that T3 is about five times more potent at
    raising the Basal Metabolic Rate than T4. In a dieting situation, the body produces less deiodinase enzyme, therefore producing less T3.
    Without the effects of the more potent T3 the Basal Metabolic Rate decreases. Of course, there is plenty of T4 but it’s just not potent enough to
    maintain the metabolism. With a lowered metabolism, less calories are burned on a daily basis and the diet ceases to work.

Wrongun!

Thread Information