Thread: MBE box

jbrand is offline Member

Thumbs down MBE box

I was always under the impression that the advantage of having a MBE box was that they would sign for your packages and you have access to the box to shadily pick them up 24 hours a day. My first package came a few days ago, and all that was in the box was a slip -- which in turn I signed and was given the box behind the counter, this box could have easily fit in the actual mailbox, hence the reason I paid for the largest box. I asked the employee if this meant that I could not pick up such a package when the store was closed due to the verification/signature and he said all was true. I'm just curious if I have a fucked up store or if this is indeed the policy?

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    this is the policy of the mbe in my town. sucks...

caseylee is offline Junior Member
    so what do you guys use, i once heard that you could use a business mail box because you didn't have to have a id, you just put it in the business's name, any one else heard about that, i even think i read it on this board

jbrand is offline Member
    i also wanted to note that I needed two picture IDs to sign up for this box. I whipped out the distorted college ID.

BIG_GUNS_21 is offline Member
    I have NEVER had to sign for a pack at my MBE! this is all news to me. All I get if its too big is a slip saying you have a package and I pick it up at the front, no signing or what not.

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    no, the mbe in my town won't make me sign, but it's always a slip in my box no matter the size of my package and i have to actually pick it up.

lethalppl is offline Associate Member
    man that must be scary/thrilling going into post office knowing that package u picking up is full with candy. HEHE it like Xmas all over again hehe

Redneck is offline Junior Member
    This is just an Idea, but it always works for us college kids. I've heard of places where you can buy fake Ids that are even scanable. This is a serious investment it cost inbetween 75-120 bucks but if your in this for the long run it might be worth the investment. That way you can just present the fakes that have different address.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    And the Redneck from Texas pulls thru in the clutch. What the hell are you doing up anyaway??? Did you just get home from a party too???

That is a good idea redneck, if they are indeed high quality. But remember, you need two forms of id. So, make sure to get two, maybe one from one state where you 'live' out of school, and one from the state where you attend school. Just a thought. Or just get em sent to the house, and freak out if the mailman pulls up, followed by a Black, Tinted Lincoln....with two men in black suits wearing sunglasses with ear phones. . .

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    I think it is the policy of the store owner.

At mine, the previous owner would make me sign for just about anything. For he it was more proof that I had picked it up from HER, than for anything official.

For the current owner, she is a little more relaxed about it and will leave stuff in my box for me.

sniper is offline New Member
    i think there is alot of misinformation out there.the best thing to do is have it sent to home address with a name that receives mail at that address.make sure the place is clean and if there is a computer that know info. is on it at all!.even if you have to sign,no problem,if you got a package and did'nt know what was in it you would sign and open it,thats what most would do.doesnt prove anything.if they are waiting they just want the sig.so they have cause to search.if they find nothing in house they never prosecute for the package.your good to go.you lost that gear but you were going to lose that anyway.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    That sounds kinda risky Sniper. YOu have stuff sent in your name and sign for it if the mailman comes to the door??? What can they do to you if it's not in your name and you don't sign for it? They can't search your house can they?

Thread Information