Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Short and Powerful

28 20.44%
  • Tall and Strong

109 79.56%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    I'm 5'9", I can dunk, & I've had my way with a lot of hot girls...So I'm not complainin about the height thing, Theres only been 1 girl I had to "Rule out" for being too tall. That's not much JMO. I'd like to be maybe 5'11" but the verdict: Short/Powerful

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2wire
    Tall by a long shot...

Id rather be 6'5 and a scrawny bag of bones in fact rather than be the 5'10 I am and really buff (Which I am not buff... yet)

Height means everything, plain and simple. You can make up a LITTLE by getting muscular, thats why I am, but you can never fully replace the height. Tall + strong is even better, but hell tall and scrawny is still way better than short and buff.
    Well, I'm 6'5" and used to be 165 (now about 240) and I felt pretty awful about how I looked then. I'm not complaining but I'm always wishing I was about 6'1" or so -whenever I'm on a long flight, whenever I try to get into a sports car, whenever I try to buy clothes, whenever I'm in a crowd, whenever I meet women I find attractive but too short (which happens a LOT), whenever I hit my head on a low door, just for a few examples.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    i'm 6"4 and a half and now at the tender age of 25 I finally have grown to like my height. I use to weigh 175 pounds and it was miserable when I was younger. I think the perfect height is 6"2, but anything over 6 feet is pretty good. 6"6 and up is when it gets freakishly tall, unless your an athlete or superstar. I wouldn't want to be under 6 feet, so I'd rather be tall and strong.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    i have no choice on this im Short and powerful

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    tall and strong!!

im 6 3 and all the chicks I have ever known have said little men....well, look like little men.

its pretty universal .....chicks want a tall manly man. Just like we want and nice petite little woman.

I thanks geebus that Im at least as tall as I am, my little stubby friends I've seen standin beside me at the bar on their little tippy toes....now thats fukkin funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    tall and strong!!

im 6 3 and all the chicks I have ever known have said little men....well, look like little men.

its pretty universal .....chicks want a tall manly man. Just like we want and nice petite little woman.

I thanks geebus that Im at least as tall as I am, my little stubby friends I've seen standin beside me at the bar on their little tippy toes....now thats fukkin funny!
    ^---- Very true. 99% of chicks i been with don't want no short short man. Although I am pretty tall, I prefer women in the range of 5"4-5"7. I don't like extremely tall women, but I don't discriminate

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    I'm realativly short in my family and I'm 5'11" I would definitly want to be tall and strong................

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    im only 6'0 .... but i would prefer to be 6'4 at about 240ish

TCEL300 is offline Member
    I will take being short anyday...it is a lot easier to look bigger..plus i think its personally a better look being short and thick...im 5'7 185 give or take right now and i hope to et around 195 and then start to cut down and ripp up around 180-185 ripped..I think its harder for taller guys to get the look like shorter guys do

Rebel Yell is offline Associate Member
    Short and buff. Cards I got dealt, I'm ready to play.

But this question is also in the same vein as saying, would you rather be handsome or hung. Just some have both, some have one and some not even one. Just have to make best of what you got and change what you CAN change. Easier said then done, I'm no exception.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by TCEL300
    I think its harder for taller guys to get the look like shorter guys do

yah your right ....Arnold looked like shit compared to all of those shorter stumpier men.

TRICK is offline Associate Member
    these poll questions are killin me. i'd rather be rich and infamous.

Quote Originally Posted by TCEL300
    I will take being short anyday...it is a lot easier to look bigger..plus i think its personally a better look being short and thick...im 5'7 185 give or take right now and i hope to et around 195 and then start to cut down and ripp up around 180-185 ripped..I think its harder for taller guys to get the look like shorter guys do

Bullsh*t dude. You see how silly Columbu looks next to Arnold or any short bodybuilder in general. Guys like Columbu, Priest, Shawn Ray just don't get my respect when on stage because they have a clear cut advantage over taller bodybuilders in putting muscle mass on quicker and easier. Nowadays you really don't see any bodybuilders over 6"2. I guess Greg Kovacs would be the only guy I can think of that is 6"3. Ferrigno was one of the tallest and greatest bodybuilding competitors of all time along with Arnold. You're telling me you'd rather take a Priest or Columbu's body over Arnold or Lou's? Gimme a break.

Gaucho77 is offline Associate Member
    I love being tall, happy at 6'2

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    i'm 5'9 and happy with my hieght.. that being said, i don't see to many tall and strong guys, not including men still in high school.. seems like people with height(over 6'1) don't take full advantage it.. most tall guys i see are too skinny or way way too fat.. seriously, when i go to south padre beach all the guys with there shirts off are shorter than 6'.

those of you that are tall and work out will probably have success and women, but there's enough to go around, even if we do have to work a little harder for it

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    I would like to look like Frank Zane at his peak. That was a look of grace and refinement. Strength and mass are relatively easy compared to getting "the look".

--
    NO PMs for SOURCES!
    NO PMs for questions that should be asked on the board!
    NO "Thank You" PMs, please.
    PMs are for personal or sensitive questions or information, or for stuff that is not allowed to be posted on the board.
    Inappropriate PMs will not be read or acknowledged. Repeat offenders will be reported.
    -The Baron-

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lfrisbee
    Well... after being told how lucky I am to be tall my whole life (I'm 6'4") I guess I'm happy with where I'm at... You wouldn't believe how many girls will come up to you and tell you "You're Tall!" as if you don't already know that.

Yeah, and then they ask; "Do you lift weights or something?"

Duhhhhh!

BigLittleTim

RoidGut is offline Member
    I am 5'6" and 200 lbs....wouldn't have it any other way. As for those that say short guys can't get the girls, remeber this.....it is all the same when you are lying horizontal!! heheheh.

As far as intimidation goes, yes, tall does usually get the nod, but unless you are a ronnie coleman, you can't usually match the thickness of a short guy.

And for the guy that made the comment short guys don't have to work as hard to get big....I disagree 1000%.

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    i think i'm going to have to go short on this one since i'm 5'7". i would consider myself far from a powerlifter i plan on obtaining some serious size in the near future.

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim
    Yeah, and then they ask; "Do you lift weights or something?"

Duhhhhh!

BigLittleTim
    Haha - no doubt man... even my mom when I see her will tell me "You're so TALL!" just because she's been around when people have come up to tell me that. Its rather funny.

Liftgod84 is offline Associate Member
    For you tall guys. . .You do know that it is d@mn near impossible to get as strong as us shorter guys. Even with the aid of AAS, I can still put on more mass and be a lot stronger then anyone over 6'2". Sorry fellas. I think it should be. . .Tall and Look Good or Short and a Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftgod84
    For you tall guys. . .You do know that it is d@mn near impossible to get as strong as us shorter guys. Even with the aid of AAS, I can still put on more mass and be a lot stronger then anyone over 6'2". Sorry fellas. I think it should be. . .Tall and Look Good or Short and a Beast.
    Not true. Why are all the World's Strong man all over 6"2 then? I know alot of tall guys especially one in particular 6"7 that has pure brutal strength and can take a majority of masive short guys in any lift.

Quote Originally Posted by smak dat puzz
    Not true. Why are all the World's Strong man all over 6"2 then? I know alot of tall guys especially one in particular 6"7 that has pure brutal strength and can take a majority of masive short guys in any lift.
    I would like to meet him. . .In all my experience in strongman, I have never met anyone over 6'2" who is exceptionally strong. How heavy is he? And can you define pure brutal strength.

He's 6"7 300 pounds. Dude's a monster and has pretty long ass arms too.

Quote Originally Posted by smak dat puzz
    He's 6"7 300 pounds. Dude's a monster and has pretty long ass arms too.
    That's all well and good, but how strong is he? I am 285. So telling me he is 300 lbs isn't that impressive.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    i have no choice on this im Short and powerful
    HAHA, me too 5'7" 190 lbs, but would love to be taller, shit 6' ide be 250.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    HAHA, me too 5'7" 190 lbs, but would love to be taller, shit 6' ide be 250.
    Yeah buddy, I am 5'9" and 285. . .if I was say 6', I would be 315. And I have no problem with that.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    guys...taller people are obviously at a disadvantage when it comes to bodybuilding..

shorter guys have shorter limbs, making it easier to lift MORE
    shorter guys have to eat LESS than a tall guy would..etc etc

no ones saying if your tall you CANT be big, but of course its harder...hello
    why does that offend the tall guys? if your getting big then thats badass cause its even harder for you

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    I would like to be 6'3and be as strong as I am right now. I am 5'9.5 and I always wish I was at least 6'3. When somone is talller they are always more intimidating. Guys arent intimidated by me no matter how big I get because I am not that tall I mean as far is throwing blows with someone. 6'3 would be sick, shit I would even take 6ft.

spoonta66 is offline Associate Member
    i am 6'6" and 295+ and I would love to be 7' and 360+ like a big shaq but white! I have issues with short guys. All my training partners aree shorter than me and they all gain much easier that I do cause I have long arms and legs (6'10" wingspan) but I can still push much harder than all of them and my gains seem to be much more solid if I have time off. They seen to get fat and lose muscle within weeks of taking time off.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonta66
    i am 6'6" and 295+ and I would love to be 7' and 360+ like a big shaq but white! I have issues with short guys. All my training partners aree shorter than me and they all gain much easier that I do cause I have long arms and legs (6'10" wingspan) but I can still push much harder than all of them and my gains seem to be much more solid if I have time off. They seen to get fat and lose muscle within weeks of taking time off.
    Thats why shorter guys should never take time off. I have that problem, and I am significantly shorter then you, 9" to be exact. But, since I never take time off, in the gym lifting 7 days a week, been doing in for 8 years, and I never plan on taking time off, I would be stronger. What are your lifts like? Bench? Squat? Deadlift?

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    I would like to meet him. . .In all my experience in strongman, I have never met anyone over 6'2" who is exceptionally strong. How heavy is he? And can you define pure brutal strength.
    One of my college friends is 6'6 305 and has 22" biceps. Can bench 500 for 5reps. Sqaut 650 for 6reps. And can only use the leg press when no one else is in the gym because he a total of 30 plates 26 45plates, and 4 100pound plates for a couple reps. He has not done it in a while.

RoidGut is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew
    guys...taller people are obviously at a disadvantage when it comes to bodybuilding..

shorter guys have shorter limbs, making it easier to lift MORE
    shorter guys have to eat LESS than a tall guy would..etc etc

no ones saying if your tall you CANT be big, but of course its harder...hello
    why does that offend the tall guys? if your getting big then thats badass cause its even harder for you
    tell that to poor Lee Priest who seems to lose due to his being "vertically challenged". Like he said in his video...."I have the same measurments of guys that are a foot taller than me.....what's up with that?"

But I do agree shorter guys can move the weight easier....partly due to shorter range of motion

Luminaire is offline Associate Member
    im 5'7, Im happy with the way i look and ive never had problem pulling in hot girls... but of course i wouldnt mind a few extra inches...

just curious but are there any ways to increase height after your done growing? I heard about some procedure where you break the legs and stretch them out, but thats kinda painful sounding....

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire
    im 5'7, Im happy with the way i look and ive never had problem pulling in hot girls... but of course i wouldnt mind a few extra inches...

just curious but are there any ways to increase height after your done growing? I heard about some procedure where you break the legs and stretch them out, but thats kinda painful sounding....

wtf ???? ... who would wanna do that ?? ... lol

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm 5'10" and my friends the same heigth as me use to do the same thing years back. We would buy these black boots that kind of look like Doc Martins and wear them with jeans or whatever. They actually looked pretty cool and in style. The bonus was that they had about 2 - 2.5" thick ass heels but the boot was so big it blended in. Whola, 5'10" to 6'0" by slipping on some boots. Us average/short guys gotta do what we gotta do....hehe.... Good looks is really the most important to get looks but no shorter than 5'9" really. Chicks look at hands a lot then eyes. Take care of your skin, that's a huge turn off for the women. Don't have the roid acne ruining your game....I hate the bloated moon face. That is the worst and it just makes you look fat. Jawline is nice. Thank god for juice otherwise the ugly dudes wouldn't get laid at all...
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 08-04-2005 at 10:40 PM.

spoonta66 is offline Associate Member
    Thats why shorter guys should never take time off. I have that problem, and I am significantly shorter then you, 9" to be exact. But, since I never take time off, in the gym lifting 7 days a week, been doing in for 8 years, and I never plan on taking time off, I would be stronger. What are your lifts like? Bench? Squat? Deadlift?
    I'm no good at bench due to a bad wrist but do 150lb flat db press for 3 sets of 8 reps (still limited due to wrist but better than bb). Deads are at 450 for 3 sets of 8 reps and Squats are about 400lbs 3 sets of 8 repsfor

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member

What would the use to fuse the bone back together then have it heal with the added bone? Take bone from your hip? That sounds crazy but it's probably possible these days. It's amazing what can be done...I know they got the hair transplant deal down with the right Drs... Watch those Dr 90210 and Swan show and see where this has gone. Incredible. It just takes money....

Super_saijan is offline New Member
    Mmm I'm already 6'0 and strong so I'll stick with that.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member

i heard about that procedure.. it's for extremely short people, no doctor would perform it on a person with average height.. they screw in braces to the bones in your legs, at various points.. the doctor then streches them a few cm at a time, enough to break the bones a little.. then as the bones heal, you actually grow new bone where your split.. then they break 'em again and again, adding a few cm every time.. to gain a couple inches, you'de have to walk around for years with metal braces sticking out of your legs..

wow, i knew all those hours of watchig the discovery channel would come in handy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information