allen70 is offline New Member

Anyone with a degree?

Who on here has a degree, particularly one with significance to the chemistry we talked about here. I'm just wondering because I'm trying to decide my path of study. I was going to go to pharmacy school, but I let my grades slip a little too much in the past and didn't get accepted. I'm planning on studying Biochemistry and if my interests are the same in four years go to Grad school for pharmacology or something of the sort. What is the best degree to earn so that I can be doing research on and creating supplements for a living? Thanks

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    I did a pharmacology honors degree, and now I'm a medical student. If you're looking to design neutraceuticals, pharmacology is the place to be, moreso than biochemistry. Drug companies and neutraceutical companies start scouting pharmacology students early, so if your grades are there and you're a pleasant dude, they'll snap you up and off you go. I'd recommend doing a business minor with your science degree too, if your school offers it. It doesn't take any longer than a normal degree and the employers love it.

Montgomery

allen70 is offline New Member
    Yeah I was planning on the business minor. The thing is my grades aren't good enough to get into pharmacy type studies and the school I'm going to play football at doesn't have a pharmacology program. They had pharmacy but its a 0/6 program and my grades weren't good enough and I can't transfer in, I actually have to start in liberal arts and then transfer to the sciences. What pisses me off is I could have easily gotten into most schools in the country but I kinda messed up in high school (depression and a few friends dyin kinda killed my grades). Now I figured I'd take the biochem and go into pharmacology in Graduate school. Pharmacology is an advanced program anyway right? So it will take at least 6 years? I may be delaying things about 2 years on my route right?

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    no, not an advanced program in all school. In fact, most schools I know of offer it as an undergraduate degree, as a specialization science degree. This is Canada though.

Montgomery

EdMan2 is offline Associate Member
    I will have a degree in Molecular Biology/Biochemistry in about a semester.

Thread Information