Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    b12 works for me withe headaches and pressurized feeling....
    -wild

Auto54 is offline Member
    Abuse reported
    Last edited by Auto54; 02-12-2009 at 06:09 PM.

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead947
    Bro, if it thins the blood (which it does) it will lower BP. Correct that line of thinking if I'm wrong.

http://www.bcbswny.com/kbase/topic/s...3spec/sec1.htm

Who should take low-dose aspirin?

Some experts recommend an aspirin a day to prevent heart problems for:

Men older than 40 years.
    Postmenopausal women, which begins 1 year after the last menstrual period.
    Men younger than 40 or premenopausal women who have high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, or a history of smoking.
    First:
    "Thining the blood" means preventing platelets from sticking together (coagulating). Hence anticoagulant. It doesn't mean it somehow lowers BP.

Here (notice the title "Aspirin: How does it Thin Blood"):

"Aspirin prolongs the time that it takes for your blood to stop oozing (bleeding time), and therefore can predispose to surgical bleeding complications. Aspirin does this by decreasing the ability of billions of tiny cells in the bloodstream to stick to each other. These cells are called platelets."

http://www.drdaveanddee.com/aspirin1.html

Second:
    You are misunderstanding the point of the paragraph you quoted. They are not saying aspirin reduces BP. They are saying you should take aspirin for heart problems AND if you have those other medical conditions according to your age catergory. The reasoning is...those other medical conditions have a greater association with heart problems. Otherwise, by your understanding, aspirin also helps with diabetes and high chloestrol, NOT.

Finally:
    I don't know how else to make it clear for you. Call your family doctor if you need to. It's plain and simple. The first response I gave you was abundantly clear enough.....I cited a doctor who SPECIFICALLY stated that aspirin is NOT a treatment for lowering BP.

Knight1811

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Knight is absolutely right.. actually aspirin doenst really thin the blood (=more plasma in contrast to RBC) but it inhibits coagulation as knight said and it used in in normal speech as thining of blood (which is wrong when dot f...ing). Im pretty sure of this..
    Last edited by stupidhippo; 02-21-2006 at 04:18 AM.

since if u have those preexisting conditions that make u vulnerable to a heart attcack aspirin is taken to "thin" the blood.. i.e to stop blood clots from forming since they cause heart attacks.. Im way oversimplifying but bottomline Knight said ti right. The aspirin is not taken to lower BP!

another thing.. people here seem to always suggest BP as the reason for headaches. It might be the case sometimes but there are many other reasons that cause it and in no means can u make the conclusion I have a headache hence I have high BP...

Auto54 is offline Member
    Abuse reported

I think u should re-read ur links.. really.. some suggest taht it might lower BP a little if taken by night and followed by with correct diet. All those links pretty much state what we said, aspirin is used to reduce the risk of possible complications of high BP.

it states though that it might possibly lower BP a little but that is new information and aspirin is not used because of that and that is certainly not because it "thins" the blood.

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    Wow...I started a real battle here...

Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    another thing.. people here seem to always suggest BP as the reason for headaches. It might be the case sometimes but there are many other reasons that cause it and in no means can u make the conclusion I have a headache hence I have high BP...
    I've only noticed people saying this while they are on cycle. Its a known fact that AAS raises BP. If headaches are noticed to only come during the cycle one can presume BP plays a factor.
    But other than that ur correlation is correct.
    -Wild

Auto54 is offline Member
    Abuse reported
    Last edited by Auto54; 02-12-2009 at 06:12 PM.

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead947
    Which one?

The first one that is based on a study published in the Sept. 20 issue of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology that states Not only may daily Aspirin prevent a heart attack, it could also lower blood pressure -- especially if taken at night, researchers have found.

Maybe the second one that says, Your doctor also can tell you whether you should take aspirin while you are taking medication to lower your high blood pressure to prevent heart attack or stroke.

Of course, the third one again refers to the same study as the first link where it says, Taking aspirin at night may help lower blood pressure more than taking aspirin in the morning, new research shows.

And I'm sure read the next link that said, Taking aspirin before bedtime - but not at other times of the day - may help lower blood pressure in patients with mild hypertension...

Oh, and lets not forget the last link that is a complete study on low dose aspirin. I'd cut and past, but the way it's written I'd have to paste the whole darn thing. Basically it says that, based on the fact that aspirin lowers BP, that patients with lower BP have a lower rate of cardiovascular events... which is a good thing.

Um, NO, they don't. You point blank said (and continue to say) aspirin does NOT lower BP. But again and again right in the links I posted it says ASPIRIN LOWERS BP!

I'm not going to argue with you anymore about this. I know these are fairly new studies. But geez, I post five links repeating what I said and you want to argue with them. Fine. Don't take aspirin. I really don't care.

Later bro!

Copperhead,

I’m sure you mean well and you did spend time to look up documentation to support that aspirin lowers BP. However, your links do not support your statement that aspirin lowers BP via thinning the blood. Nowhere does it say in any of your links that the mechanism by which aspirin lowers BP is via blood thinning.

Also, if it is so well documented that low dose aspirin lowers BP then why is it so novel of a study? Doctor Messerli (Franz Messerli, MD, FACC, in a journal editorial) on your link said it best:

“Many questions need to be answered before low-dose bedtime aspirin can be routinely recommended for high blood pressure, notes Messerli.”
    "As provocative as these findings are, they originate from a single source only," he writes, calling for "extreme caution" in interpreting the results.”
    http://www.webmd.com/content/Article...m?pagenumber=2

The site states within the first few paragraphs that it’s the first study of its kind. The study was done in September 2005.

“It's the first finding of its kind. More studies are needed to check the results before recommendations can be made.”

http://www.webmd.com/content/Article...m?pagenumber=1

The other links are a farce at best. The Bayer website NEVER says low dose aspirin is used to treat hypertension or to lower BP. NEVER. What it does say is:

“Your doctor also can tell you whether you should take aspirin while you are taking medication to lower your high blood pressure to prevent heart attack or stroke.”

http://www.bayeraspirin.com/hd_hbp.htm

That means take another med to lower BP and then use aspirin in conjunction with it to help prevent heart attacks and stroke.

The Pubmed site: What can I say? It does say there is a lowering of BP and aspirin was used…HOWEVER did you miss the part about Felodipine!!!! Felodipine is a BP lowering drug that you get from a doctor’s prescription!!!!

Here you can read about Felodipine:
    http://www.medicinenet.com/felodipine/article.htm

Again, low dose aspirin is not a treatment for lowering BP. The one study you cited is a good find, however it’s just that…THE ONLY ONE. And the study comes with a warning as quoted above. It is too isolated of a study to correlate the use of low dose aspirin to treat high blood pressure. It’s not as pervasive as you would lead us to believe and nowhere does it show/state that the lowering of BP with low dose Aspirin is via the blood thinning mechanism.

Knight1811

Auto54 is offline Member
    Abuse reported

thats not the point at all... IMO it might be a good idea to take some aspirin while on cycle.. It reduces the risk of a blood clot (which would lead to a heart attack possibly) BUT it does increase the risk of a gastric ulcer.. so I dont know. But as for aspirin reducing BP its a new thing and they say maybe - and its effect is really small anyway. Secondly it certainly has nothing to do with its blood "thinning" effect. Its all good man... Im not arguing here weather or not its useful or cheap and hence cost effective... It does have benefits and some negative sides too.

ShnouzedUp is offline Banned
    so hows the blood pressure comin

Quote Originally Posted by ShnouzedUp
    so hows the blood pressure comin
    huh? what is your question?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information