BigBrad330 is offline Associate Member

what classifies a steroid being a steroid?

what exactly classifies a steroid being a steroid and a supplement being a supplement?

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    anabolic (muscle building) hormones

so what about supplements that build muscle

Are they hormones?

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO a steroid is a substnace with the steroid ring in it... this includes also hormones that arent anabolic at all.. for example cortisol is a steroid hormone for sure.

why do so many people argue about superdrol being a steroid and others saying no its not, and if it were it would be illegal?

It IS a steroid , its an anabolic hormone that requires no conversion in your body, (if it did convert it would be a prohormone and not a steroid). Just because its legal doesnt mean its not as steroid. Its a loophole in the system that makes it legal.

were other steroids like this, where they were legal at a point and then turned illegal? also do you think superdrol will be illegal soon

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    IMO a steroid is a substnace with the steroid ring in it... this includes also hormones that arent anabolic at all.. for example cortisol is a steroid hormone for sure.
    This also includes ALL hormones. Insulin is a steroid , thyroid is a steroid, there are steroids that asthmatics use to stop an asthma attack. Melatonin, seritonin, etc are also steroids, adrend****, too.

Milky87 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    This also includes ALL hormones. Insulin is a steroid, thyroid is a steroid, there are steroids that asthmatics use to stop an asthma attack. Melatonin, seritonin, etc are also steroids, adrend****, too.
    WRONG!

Those are hormones. Steroids are chemicals based on the sterane skeleton, thats it. I have attatched a picture of sterane so you can see what im talking about
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails what classifies a steroid being a steroid?-sterane2.gif  

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    This also includes ALL hormones. Insulin is a steroid, thyroid is a steroid, there are steroids that asthmatics use to stop an asthma attack. Melatonin, seritonin, etc are also steroids, adrend****, too.
    it sure doesnt... insulin is a peptide hormone, the hormones asthmatics use are peptide hormones and they also use some steroid hormoes too (similar to cortisol), but those are not used in an acute attack.. Melatonin and serotonin are not steroid hormones. Adrenal cortex produces several steoid hormones, u are right in that. Thyroid is a gland and the hormones it produces are aminoacid derivatives.. The sterane skeleton thing is right... steroid hormones are based on cortisol..

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Milky87
    WRONG!

Those are hormones. Steroids are chemicals based on the sterane skeleton, thats it. I have attatched a picture of sterane so you can see what im talking about
    this is correct. steroids don't just mean anabolic steroids.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrad330
    what exactly classifies a steroid being a steroid and a supplement being a supplement?

synthetic hormone bro, thats what a steroid is. most legal supps are not like this at all. there are exceptios though, like superdrol and halodrol but thoses are technically hormones too

joeben22 is offline Associate Member
    Congress

ugghhh, i hate cortisol... that sh_t is all bad. id much rather have fat test levels in my system

were other steroids like this, where they were legal at a point and then turned illegal? also do you think superdrol will be illegal soon

yea bro, all kinds of sh_t used to be legal back in the day. you could literally walk into a longs or something and buy dbol and test. btw, i definately believe that superdrol and halodrol will eventually be illegal. i hope that halodrol stays legal long enough for me to at least try it though

halodrol is good sh_t bro, its supposedly just like turinibol. ive never tried it but it sounds fun

why do so many people argue about superdrol being a steroid and others saying no its not, and if it were it would be illegal?

superdrol is relatively similar to andro and 1-test. apparently its a certain molecular structure that didn't make the recent list of banned pro hormone supps that our genious president decided to make illegal. btw, ive heard that it is relatively similar to masteron

Thyroid is a gland and the hormones it produces are aminoacid derivatives.. The sterane skeleton thing is right... steroid hormones are based on cortisol..

ive heard that if your thyroid system get fu_ked up enough, you cant control your bowl movements... thats just all bad bro

oops.. made a mistake there.. meant to say all steroid hormones are based on cholesterol not cortisol...

oops.. made a mistake there.. meant to say all steroid hormones are based on cholesterol not cortisol...

yea. that kinda sucks. i feel like i shouldn't be shooting up essentially liquid cholesterol... but i love the gains so much

=) hehe

=) hehe

good sh_t bro. popping dbol tabs, and loading up a syringe with test and equi, then shooting it into my leg is definately a nice feeling.

Geodogg is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    good sh_t bro. popping dbol tabs, and loading up a syringe with test and equi, then shooting it into my leg is definately a nice feeling.

I agree.

Thread Information