Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member

did roids make my friend crazy?

So last year me and my buddy started using.. We've done two cycles in the time since. I set everything up for him, even made him a little calender of when to take everything, how much, pct.. you name it. we've both gotten awesome results.. only thing is that i don't think he has followed his pct right. And lately, prob for the last like 3 months he has just been like compeletly messed up. He gets depressed about shit, he talks about suicide, hes had like 2 mental breakdowns apparently, and he doesn't trust anyone.. I can't even be friends with him anymore cause his trust issues get taken out on me and i can't stand it . Is it at all possible that the juice did this or not running a proper pct? we did the same exact cycles other then this last one he wanted to add var and i didn't have the money, but i'm perfectly fine other then still being shut down from the damn deca .. I'm just tryin to figure out were the hell my friend went.

PLAYA4LIFE is offline Associate Member
    don't think it is from the aas but it sounds like he has his own problems you might not know about.

HUNTER1 is offline Member
    i agree, i don't see how that could have that much of a negative effect congnitively on your friend. If anything the increased physical traits from the AAS should have enhanced his confidence/trust/mental aspects. just my opinion though.

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    I agree, there must be some
    other stuff going on in his life
    that you dont know about.
    I wouldnt walk away from him,
    best thing he could use right
    now sounds like a good friend.

Sounds like your freind needs some professional help, and is not the type of person who should use steroids again. And I believe you've done all you can to help by the sounds of your post. I'd just stay away from him, he may come back around someday, but for now you dont need his negativity and burden w/ ridiculous talks of suicide. If you've done all you can, then you've done all you can. If he was to harm himself in any way, just remember that you tried your best to help.

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    i'm not saying it is, and i'm not saying it isn't, but things tend to affect people differently. if you're looking for a concrete answer, i'm 99% sure no one can give you a definite answer. just don't give up on him

tvd220 is offline Member
    i had a family member that was depressed, and he ended up killing himself and i found him hanging. Not to put pressure on you, but if this kid was really your friend before he was ****ed up, then he should be your friend when he is depressed. If everybody deserts him, he will feel worse.
    I dont think AS did this, but it might of contributed to his downfall. He should not be using anything, but what the dr gives him. imo

velvetlion is offline Banned
    I am sure the guy has some problems that he is not de****g with very well to start. If he didn't do a correct PCT, that won't help anything. It is not the cause, but it isn't going to make him any better either. If he is having that much of a problem with depression, messing with his hormone levels is the last thing that he wants to do.

Don't dessert him. Stick with him and do what you can to help, and start with letting him know that messing with his hormone levels at this point in time isn't the best idea.

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetlion

Don't dessert him. Stick with him and do what you can to help, and start with letting him know that messing with his hormone levels at this point in time isn't the best idea.
    .....good advise.....

ShnouzedUp is offline Banned
    your friend sounds like my ex.. blah sorry thats happenin man

Pete789 is offline Associate Member
    Diff drugs affect diff poeple in diff ways- Your friend sounds like he suffers from a typical mental illness and it sounds like the roids have triggered it.

Any chance of you getting him off the gear- or at least some proffessional help eg a doc or phychiatrist?

There is nothing wrong with mental illness.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Trust issues... i dunno, maybe he's getting attention now that he didnt get before, cause he's bigger, and is freakin out. Kinda like the Hollywood star suicide thing.

mknpp9 is offline New Member
    i agree with what everyone is saying here, he probably had something happen to him earlier on before his cycle to make him get depressed and maybe he never told you about it, but in his defense your his friend i think you should stick by him and be there for him even if he takes things out on you, i mean ya never know what he would do if he lost a good friend as yurself

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mknpp9
    i agree with what everyone is saying here, he probably had something happen to him earlier on before his cycle to make him get depressed and maybe he never told you about it, but in his defense your his friend i think you should stick by him and be there for him even if he takes things out on you, i mean ya never know what he would do if he lost a good friend as yurself
    I kinda disagree here.. It is impossible to make any conclusions here but I just read upon a study which shows young ppl who have used roids are much more likely to commit suicide.. IMo this is one of the reasons y teens shouldnt do AAS (dont know the age of your friend though). Anyway for a person to be susceptible to for example depression PCT might be a lot harder than compared to the average guy.. No one can say anything for sure here but IMO ppl like to downplay the fact that steroids definetly could have played their part here.. not saying that they caused these or that there wpuldnt be any other underlying reasons..

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    There could be several causes for his depression and trust issues, but though I agree with most that the gear wouldn't be the cause, they certainly could've been a catalyst. Many psychological disorders (the most predominantly dependent on this situation being pschizophrenia) set in during puberty, aka when hormone levels are changing and altering our bodies. The hormonal changes caused by the gear may very well have triggered an underlying condition, which more likely than not would've eventually been encountered later in his life some way or another anywayNot sure if you mentioned it in your post and I missed it, but how old is this guy?

Another thing to think about is that though most of us take gear simply to get size we know we can't attain genetically, some people take it out of self-esteem issues, thinking it will build their self-confidence by improving their physique. Your friend here may have started taking gear for just that reason, and when the gear didn't give him the self-esteem boost he expected (or maybe simply the results he expected), it made things worse cause he sees no hope out of his self-esteem issues.

Another possibility is simply that something happened in his life while he was on the gear that was totally unrelated to the gear. You really can't say for sure, you can only assume based on what you know at this point. Personally, I'd talk to him and tell him straight out you want to know what his issue(s) are and let him know how much they're bothering you. Just ditching out on him will simply make his trust issues worse, and most likely his depression as well. People change and some people do grow apart with time, but when you see a friend changing for the worse which is pulling you apart from them, the least you should do as a friend is tell them before going your seperate way. Regardless of your decision, I wish both of you luck in this situation and remember it's not your obligation to help him, just your choice.

Oh, and in response to "stupidhippo"'s comment regarding gear and increased suicide in teens, you have to remember that suicide in teens is higher in general, and they most likely didn't take that into account in the study due to the fact that the media will do anything to criticize steroids , including manipulating statistics and facts. There is no reasonable explanation for it contributing towards suicide at any age. The only possible explanation (if this info. is true) is like I mentioned above, some people take gear for self-esteem issues, and at teen years, I would imagine most of them would take gear as a self-esteem thing and when it fails to relieve them of the issues, they look for other forms of relief (this is where the suicide comes in). Just my best assumption based off of my research, but if someones got something that makes more sense I'd love to hear it.

Take care,
    AC
    Last edited by ascendant; 03-07-2006 at 03:20 PM.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    Oh, and in response to "stupidhippo"'s comment regarding gear and increased suicide in teens, you have to remember that suicide in teens is higher in general, and they most likely didn't take that into account in the study due to the fact that the media will do anything to criticize steroids , including manipulating statistics and facts. There is no reasonable explanation for it contributing towards suicide at any age. The only possible explanation (if this info. is true) is like I mentioned above, some people take gear for self-esteem issues, and at teen years, I would imagine most of them would take gear as a self-esteem thing and when it fails to relieve them of the issues, they look for other forms of relief (this is where the suicide comes in). Just my best assumption based off of my research, but if someones got something that makes more sense I'd love to hear it.

Take care,
    AC
    Its obvious that the study takes that into consideration.. I read it and it seemed to be pretty fairly unbiased. It was done by a reputable swedish institute. But in a study like this there are way too many x factors for any conclusions to be made (they also agreed with that). For example: The average steroid user in my country is way diffrent than the average ppl (prolly applies to all nordic countries), what Im saying they allready are way more prone to problematic behaviour. Steroid use is pretty uncommon in normal population but vary common in prisoners, criminal gans etc.. there are also other things that makes conclusions impossible from this kind of study.

MorganKane is offline Associate Member
    Some people are more prone to depression.
    Its a deep black hole that when they fall they fall hard.
    The "roids" might have been a contributing factor but I seriously doubt that its the reason for the depression.

It sounds like he is very deep down the hole already and he might not get out on his own. He really needs some help. Professional help but you can start by being his friend and help him getting help. It will not be easy but use the resources you have, talk to his family. Do not bring up the roids, no reason the have othes judge him. If he brings it up himself then fine but if he can get some help and he discuss it with the professional that will not judge him but help him.

Be a friend.
    This is the reason you have friends and are a friend. When the going gets tough you step up and help your friends.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO you have to sit down with this guy and tell him straight up that you are concerned. No one just talks about killing him or herself without any underlying meaning. Instead of wondering if the AAS had anything to do with it, you have to help him overcome it! We are not qualified to even guess what caused it, and couldn’t treat it if we could. Whether it was AAS or not, you need to let him know that you think what he is saying is concerning. If he is telling you this much, he will most likely open up if you ask. Also, sometimes depression does not have an answer. Don’t expect him to give you a problem, which you can solve. Just being there and letting him complain may be all he needs. If it gets too messed up let him know he needs to speak with someone who can help him. I am sorry you are in this situation, and I know what its like. My best friends girlfriend went crazy and after several months killed herself. I am sorry for the depressing story, but you have to do what you can for your friend and not worry about what caused it.

8pak is offline Junior Member
    It sounds like your friend didn't do his pct and crashed-and-burned. It's not the gear to blame (high androgen levels), but just the opposite--LACK of endogenous test production. I know I got a little emotional and wierded out before my pct and natty levels kicked back in. Get the man some clomid and nolva, and stick by his side.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Through the tough stuff true friends are always there it might be hard but you'll regret it if you don't do all you can to help your buddy in his time of need.

Liftnainez is offline Banned
    listen to what their saying.. he needs you now more than ever.. try and talk to him and see what really is going on..

ludakris9 is offline Associate Member
    ere are a lot of good points and suggestions here bro! I hope he gets better. He needs you as a friend to stand by him more than ever. Either he didn't follow his pct or he had something triggered by the roids, or it could be a mental problem you didn't know about. I would see if you can get him to a doctor od something. Good luck bro!

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    wonder if he's has his levels checked since he's been off...? i think people seriously underestimate the power of hormones, i mean think about it, think about all the things these chemicals regulate and influence, i mean a slight influex in test makes humans want to breed, come on, thats incredibly powerful...i agree with what some of the others have mentioned, didnt' follow pct and consequently has low endogenous test levels, as a result (maybe correlated, maybe not, who knows?)--he feels depressed, PERSONALLY on gear i feel more confident, comfortable, less anxious, blah blah blah, i cannot imagine what an absence or even very low deficit of test might feel like, but i feel for your buddy. furthermore, suicide is nothing to mess around with, i'm sure anyone who has had an intro-psych class knows that...be there for him and lastly i agree with others, i'd say he could really benefit from sone counseling/psychotherapy...best of luck

Thread Information